PDA

View Full Version : Left rear too high?

Lawrence
13th March 2013, 02:42 AM
Hi fellows, based on heights from another site, it appears that my left rear is quite a bit higher than the right. The right is 508 cm from hub to rear fender m which is a bit less than stock (525), while the left is 584, which is considerably higher. What could be the cause of this? The front seems to not be far from spec.

Lawrence
13th March 2013, 05:25 AM
If its only at the rear mate, I'd suggest a spring has sagged. If it was front and back it would more than likely be the springs were put in wrong (slightly longer front and rears on new springs go on the drivers side).

Either way, it sounds a big difference (assume its mm and not cm ... else that's a BIG lift!!! lol).

Dumb question, but are the springs all the same? Just want to rule out something left field ...

Scotty

Great Southern Camping
www.gscoffroad.com.au

Thanks for the reply Scotty. I just measured it again and the left actually measured 543 and the right 495. Seems i had measured it on a not too level area before. This time i measure it on a concrected driveway. The right is obviously sagged as it is 50 cm lower but i guess thatat would be expected with 20 year old springs.

Lawrence
13th March 2013, 05:26 AM
Lol, thats in millimetres btw

threedogs
13th March 2013, 06:33 AM
Either new springs or get rear springs re-set

Lawrence
13th March 2013, 06:50 AM
Thanks. Plan to get a set of OME later this year

BigRAWesty
13th March 2013, 08:21 AM
My drivers side springs sagged to after 20 years. Had a great life. Enjoy the lift.

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Stropp
13th March 2013, 08:22 PM
you could even try swapping them on the back from one side to the other and measure it after that, only cost is time :) and then the drivers side will sag a bit as thats where the weight is.

nickpeacock36
13th March 2013, 08:31 PM
Could also pack one side. Thats what zordo did with mine.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

BigRAWesty
13th March 2013, 08:36 PM
you could even try swapping them on the back from one side to the other and measure it after that, only cost is time :) and then the drivers side will sag a bit as thats where the weight is.

Actually you've jogged my memory. A while back a bloke had just put new springs in and the drivers side springs are set slightly higher to overcome battery and constant driver weight.
So a switch might be the issue

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

pearcey
13th March 2013, 09:08 PM
Just check the front springs as they do brake coils and its usually close to the top coil this will make the opposite rear higher.

Lawrence
14th March 2013, 05:31 AM
Just check the front springs as they do brake coils and its usually close to the top coil this will make the opposite rear higher.

Funny that you should say that. I am trying to trace a knocking sound at the right front of the axle. I havent been successful yet.

Stropp
14th March 2013, 03:36 PM
Funny that you should say that. I am trying to trace a knocking sound at the right front of the axle. I havent been successful yet.

ha ha the gu front knock, i have been trying for months as well and everyone with a gu seems to have a knock that seems to come from the front right, if anyone has solved it let me know :)

taslucas
14th March 2013, 03:52 PM
ha ha the gu front knock, i have been trying for months as well and everyone with a gu seems to have a knock that seems to come from the front right, if anyone has solved it let me know :)

I know a guy that solved it....
He bought a GQ

FanTapstic!

nickpeacock36
14th March 2013, 08:16 PM
What kind of knock? I feel cheated, i dont have that fault:mad:

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2