PDA

View Full Version : "suspension stuff flexy products"any advice or reviews, pictures

Gu with stacks
12th March 2013, 08:36 PM
I have seen a few posts about ss products but mainly only 2" flexy coils . is there any advice or information reviews on the bigger lifts like 4" and what shocks would you run with them as they have an extra 2-3" inches of flex . pictures and reveiws would be awesome.

Dominator
13th March 2013, 08:30 AM
I have only recently fitted 4" flexy coils to the rear of my GQ, I didn't get a good chance to test them due to a back injury soon after fitting them. I did flex them up once and was really happy, I have got 6" rear shocks and the springs were no where near to coming out. I will give a better review in a few weeks once I am out of hospital and get a chance to drive the patrol a bit more.

Gu with stacks
13th March 2013, 10:37 AM
cheers for that so would you say go bigger than 6" shocks ? lookin forward to gearing more about the ss stock

Ben-e-boy
13th March 2013, 06:50 PM
cheers for that so would you say go bigger than 6" shocks ? lookin forward to gearing more about the ss stock

you wont really need bigger in the front unless you are running superflex arms.

I have a 4inch lift with superflex arms and started out with 12in, then dropped to 11in and my latest set (when they finally arrive grrrr) is down again to 10in basically I still didnt use the full shock and the longer shock affected my up travel that why I down graded.

The rear is a different story I you want to modify your bump stops and use coil retainers and drop out cones you can fit a shock with a decent amount of travel. I have managed to fit a 14in travel shock in the rear without too much drama.

Gu with stacks
13th March 2013, 07:41 PM
thanks for the input , what kind of shocks are you using ? how expensive ?

how much was ur set up if you dont mind me asking

Ben-e-boy
13th March 2013, 08:17 PM
the shocks are King racing shocks, remote resovior smoothies. They arnt cheap thats for sure but I have gone through a few sets of cheap shocks way too quickly whixh gave me the sh1ts so I didnt skimp this time around

MudRunnerTD
13th March 2013, 09:27 PM
the shocks are King racing shocks, remote resovior smoothies. They arnt cheap thats for sure but I have gone through a few sets of cheap shocks way too quickly whixh gave me the sh1ts so I didnt skimp this time around

Mmmmmmmm Kings!!! Mmmmmmmmm.

^^^^^^^^ really nice set up ^^^^^^^^

kyle300exc
10th December 2013, 07:32 AM
Had a search and couldn't find an answer. Has anyone installed a flexi kit themselves? I have access to a forklift but my question is with getting the new front coils in. Do I need to compress them or once I disconnect the brake line and breather will I be able to simply lift the front of the truck high enough to slip the coils in? Thought Id ask before I damage something.
Thanks in advance.

MudRunnerTD
10th December 2013, 08:34 AM
Had a search and couldn't find an answer. Has anyone installed a flexi kit themselves? I have access to a forklift but my question is with getting the new front coils in. Do I need to compress them or once I disconnect the brake line and breather will I be able to simply lift the front of the truck high enough to slip the coils in? Thought Id ask before I damage something.
Thanks in advance.

take the wheels off and your diff will drop down a heap more.