PDA

View Full Version : You wanted pic's - My latest ride...

Baileys
9th December 2010, 11:51 AM
Hi folks, so you wanted to see my GQ. Nothing flash but I love it all the same.
The bullbar is from Killandmaul.com.
Cheers, Baileys...

AB
9th December 2010, 12:04 PM
Cheers for the pics Baileys!

Very neat looking unit....I like the bar work too mate!

Baileys
9th December 2010, 12:06 PM
My design...

patch697
9th December 2010, 12:42 PM
Thats a nice clean one mate, Love the bar.......

Thanks for the pics.

Woof
9th December 2010, 01:27 PM
Very nice looking Patrol there mate, well done.
Just a tip, when posting photos always blank out your plates for security.

MudRunnerTD
9th December 2010, 01:36 PM
Hey i like the suspension seat mate... Did you fit them in? or were they in it? how do you find them in the really rocky stuff? do you get thrown around much? or do they just run out of air and you kinda get seated like in a big truck.

Baileys
9th December 2010, 02:12 PM
Thanks dogman, I realised once I uploaded my pic's the number plate was still there but I'm fine with that...It's public knowledge anyway. They don't have my other details or VIN...which is ABD159753357i94. lol.
Mudrunner my suspention was on it already. I replaced the saggy springs and that alone gave me an extra inch and a half. Heavy duty of course. For some reason my wife is the only one who seems to get thrown around...Iv'e got the steering wheel to hang on to.
As for the seats I can lock them in so they are fixed...no prob's.
Thanks guys for the comments...Baileys

Dhuck
9th December 2010, 03:40 PM
Baileys

For some reason my wife is the only one who seems to get thrown around...Iv'e got the steering wheel to hang on to.

Isn't that what the holy crap bar is for?

MudRunnerTD
9th December 2010, 06:11 PM
Mudrunner For some reason my wife is the only one who seems to get thrown around...Iv'e got the steering wheel to hang on to.
As for the seats I can lock them in so they are fixed...no prob's.
Thanks guys for the comments...Baileys

So, sorry, i have seriously considered the suspension seats a few times as i see them for sale occasionally but alway wondered whether they would be any good off road or just a pain in the neck.

So when you in rough offroad you lock the suspension in the seat out and it is just a fixed seat mount? and then for touring you use them as an unlocked suspension seat? Is that right?

Bet they would be real nice over corrugations... Good vehicle suspension should sort out most problems on rough roads regardless but you have these things so interested in how they go.

Cheers MR

Baileys
9th December 2010, 08:16 PM
MudRunnerTD. I love my seat but my wife hates her's so I just lock hers in the down position. Yer, your right in saying they are good over corrugations but what I do hate is going over short bridges. There is always a dip or a rise on the bridge embutments and the seat (if not adjusted to my weight) rises and falls like going over a wave. it's quite gentle but a bit off putting if your not prepared for it. The seat belt sometimes tightines but I really like mine. The seats themselves are genuine Nissan seats attached to the KAB lift base. They were in it when I bought it and my bad back loves it. You do sit a bit higher than usual too but I like that too. The ruggies in the back struggle to see out the front though.
Cheers, Baileys

Baileys
9th December 2010, 08:20 PM
Dhuck, If my missus is saying "Holy Crap" then it's too late to grab the bar. It tends to be me and the young bloke these days. She's happy to leave us go and get dirty on our own...I'm happy too.
Baileys

Baileys
9th December 2010, 09:30 PM
Hi Plasnart... I know what ya mean, I've banged my head once or twice. And yes, on those vertical slopes I steer with my cheeks. (@rse that is)!
The seats are good for that. I inspected them just the other night and they are still perfect. The sheep skins do the trick.
Thanks to all for your comments also...I was looking at gettin something a bit newer but I think I like my 17year old still. "94 model that is".
Cheers, Baileys

Finly Owner
11th December 2010, 12:54 AM
MR you can get them from wreckers they are fitted to "luxury" releasedPatrols. Finly is fitted with them, and yes just flick the lever and seat is locked steady. Weight adjustable, real good on long trips and also ok on light off road.

Tim

Finly Owner
11th December 2010, 12:55 AM
Nice ride love the original bar

Bigrig
11th December 2010, 11:11 PM
Same goes - love the barwork on the front .. those seats would probably be in the 'locked' position every time I plonked my barge arse on them, so maybe something for down the track (after a diet ..lololol) ...

Baileys
12th December 2010, 07:52 PM
Thanks guys (girls)...I love my GQ too and yes i'm a bit bias. The seats can be pumped up to a weight of 130kg or 280lbs of pressure. I think they are Hydraulic rams and spring suported. They'll take quite a barge @rse to make them not work too.
I'm happy to promote where I hade the bar made too...www.killanmaulbullbars.com.au - (07)4974 7540
This guy does comp rigs, rock sliders, cut & chop and bar work. He has all his bar's to Nissan GQ spec's. When mine arrived it slid straight into place and all the holes lined up perfectly. It's worth a plug. His name is Mac.
"Baileys"

KINGRAT502
5th February 2011, 12:56 PM
looks so tuff,,,love it

lachiek
8th February 2011, 11:42 AM
Hey Baileys, nice truck. That bar is exactly what I am looking for but I can't find killandmaul.com. Have you got any more info on where you got it.

Thanks

Ahhh - just re-read the threads killandmaul found...