PDA

View Full Version : MY 92 GQ TI Automatic window mod

NissanGQ4.2
8th December 2010, 08:00 PM
Years ago I decided it was time to make my power windows usable without having the ignition on, this is what I done

1: Located the power source wire to the windows ( white with black stripe ), think it was located behind a plastic cover that is no longer there *L*
2: Cut the wire at the male plug side
3: Found a power source that is live without the ignition on
4: Got some wire, spliced into the live power source and soldered one end of the wire onto it , then joined the other end of the wire onto the wire i just cut ( white with black stripe )

Done, now i don't need a key in the ignition to power my windows up / down :):):)

Disclaimer: I was drinking bourbons at the time of this mod, just like i am now :):):). But it does work.

1196 1197

YNOT
8th December 2010, 11:13 PM
Nice mod Todd, saves hunting for the keys.

Tony

Bigrig
12th December 2010, 12:42 AM
I like it champion .. so much so, I'm going to have a lash at it ..

NissanGQ4.2
12th December 2010, 06:30 AM
I like it champion .. so much so, I'm going to have a lash at it ..

If you have troubles, let me know. I don't mind flying up with a pair of wire cutters. You supply the bourbon and i will just start cutting wires until i find the right one *L*

Bigrig
12th December 2010, 09:49 AM
If you have troubles, let me know. I don't mind flying up with a pair of wire cutters. You supply the bourbon and i will just start cutting wires until i find the right one *L*

lolol ... no doubt I'll have powered windows without the key in the ignition, just won't have an internal clock, lights, stereo, headlights, indicators ... sounds awesome!!!! LMFAO ... and do you reckon wire cutters pass as 'acceptable baggage' these days?? I could imagine the conversation at customs when you start telling them you can prove what you are going to use them for by showing them how to do it on a Boeing 737 !!!! lololol ...