PDA

View Full Version : GU clutch problems

BIG RAY
8th December 2010, 11:11 AM
I have just had to replace the clutch on my 05 GU after only 98000ks. I've done only a little towing, little beach work and no i don't ride the clutch (LOL). A mate at my local watering hole said he had to replace his after 73000ks but does a little more hard work than mine. Has anybody encounted the same issue as it seems to me that these are only low k's to be replacing clutches.

Milik607
12th February 2011, 07:59 PM
Hello, you changed anyone ever reinforced the original clutch? It goes with the better or what difference.Thanks

wogboy
12th February 2011, 10:31 PM
I have just had to replace the clutch on my 05 GU after only 98000ks. I've done only a little towing, little beach work and no i don't ride the clutch (LOL). A mate at my local watering hole said he had to replace his after 73000ks but does a little more hard work than mine. Has anybody encounted the same issue as it seems to me that these are only low k's to be replacing clutches.
It's not that low kilometers as on our work Toyotas clutches are usually replaced between 60000ks and 120000ks depending who is driving it.

YNOT
12th February 2011, 10:37 PM
Hello, you changed anyone ever reinforced the original clutch? It goes with the better or what difference.Thanks

We're still waiting for an introduction Milik.

In Australia we have a variety of off the shelf heavy duty clutches so reinforcing the original clutch is not often considered.

Tony