PDA

View Full Version : Manuals

MS29431
7th December 2010, 10:20 AM
Can someone tell me if the GQ manual (by manual i mean the book for woking on one) is the same as an MQ or are they two separate books

YNOT
7th December 2010, 11:51 AM
They will be different books.

Tony

Finly Owner
7th December 2010, 10:27 PM
My goodness, You need Help.

Patrol list:
G60
MQ/MK
GQ/Maverick
GU/GR

Along with these being the models sharing manuals, then you get Sub manuals for different engines etc as Nissans saw fit.

Tim

AB
8th December 2010, 09:51 AM
Moved your thread here mate so others can see it better.

v.t.c 4800
10th December 2010, 04:52 AM
im looking for it to

peterfranks72
11th December 2010, 10:58 PM
Yep all different petrol/diesel as well

MS29431
24th January 2011, 07:20 PM
Thankyou to everyone for your input the rig's been kicking around the family for more than 10yrs and i've always had arguments and dramas when its come to replacment parts, accessory's and getting a workshop manual for it hopfully i can narrow it down further in the future and save myself some punch ups when i'm looking for spares..... thanks again guy's. MS

MQ MAD
24th January 2011, 07:39 PM
Throw ya a spanner here
Theres even difference between the MQ and the MK
Ive got some MQ/MK factory manuals here and some later gregorys type
Ya near have to get 1 book per model per motor

Then for another head spin 4 ya
Not ALL the MQ parts will fit the MK
Best bet and for future reference,
Chuck the question/s up for any issues

MS29431
25th January 2011, 06:50 PM
Well Its 12v, Tail light's Amber at top, 1986 Build, Rectanle Headlights have parkers in it, That are not used due to them being at the base of the unit and terminals are hitting hard on the nose cone/radsupport, If u know what i mean they fit but they dont fit!, But parkers with the indicators, lwr left, lwr right at front, SD33, 5spd, 15' Track 2's, Factory Aircon, Sports (looking) steering wheel, Standard factory brown vinal seats and floor, Only one hand grip to assist getting in passenger side (On Roof) but none in the rear (I found some years ago and put em in myself cause thats were the rear seat folds up at ties to), Factory (looking) sunvisor (MQ With MK Front Perhaps) as ive previous said it has fairly obvious signs of a repaired rollover but my father bought it from a car yard over 12yrs ago and has'nt been till now that ive Exposed its seady past after acuiring it. Where do i find out what my prefex's on the plates stand for Options and wotnot to finaly confirm what acual model it is? Any help is greatly appreciated.. MS

MQ MAD
25th January 2011, 07:25 PM
There should be an ID plate on the left front side (Standing in front of car)
About where the rad support meets the inner guard in the engine bay
There should be an ID plate of sorts on the Firewall
Failing that your rego sticker should have some numbers on it as well

As for the rear handles and rear seats
Over the years many have removed seats handles whatever for whatever the reason
Your ID plate should also have a seating capacity on it,4 seater or 5 seater
This will help with the rear seat type,yep there were two different types
Chuck some more pics up

MS29431
25th January 2011, 08:07 PM
When i took ownership of it a year or so ago I've been farting around with car's for a bit so so i looked strait at the body tags etc wrote it all down then late last year i punched in nissan patrol body prefix's to the net and ended up finding out about this forum, as for the tag near the headlight that was were i found my first sign's of the alleged rollover its all consatina'd and scrunched but i will write them down again and take some more pics to post... Thanks again MQ MAD your advice has infact been mad!....Mike