PDA

View Full Version : Fraser Island trip.

coopatrol
3rd March 2013, 11:07 AM
Awesome time on Fraser.

megatexture
3rd March 2013, 11:10 AM
Nice one I'm yet to go to Fraser is but that looks great , how long we're you there for

coopatrol
3rd March 2013, 11:16 AM
Nice one I'm yet to go to Fraser is but that looks great , how long we're you there for

was thers for a week, definitely a must do.

Dominator
3rd March 2013, 11:19 AM
I went late last year. Unreal spot. Can't wait to go again.

turboesk
4th March 2013, 07:42 AM
awsome pics mate looked like you guys had a ball i love fraser = dingo bar = backpackers yewww

AB
4th March 2013, 09:13 AM
I'll be there in 6 months, can't wait!!!!

thelawz
12th March 2013, 10:14 PM
Doesn't matter how many times you've been there, you will always go back!

04OFF
12th March 2013, 11:27 PM
Im guessing you landed at kingfisher bay ,coopatrol ?

Yes Fraser is a must do, but don't under estimate its size, its not known as the largest sand island in the world for nothing, we did over 1oooks exploring the island, and still had to go back again on another trip to see what we missed, so a week long stay minimum is advised just to get a feel for the place.

Still very keen to go back as well !

TPC
12th March 2013, 11:28 PM
I was there in 2006 and heading there again Oct this year, love the place.
Nice pics.

lorrieandjas
13th March 2013, 12:18 AM
Nice pics mate. Looking forward to Fraser after the Cape this year!

Jas

mrhr33
4th April 2013, 04:23 PM
Very nice, cant wait to get down there myself.

lylegillan
19th May 2013, 04:58 PM
looks good. nice pics mate.

NP99
19th May 2013, 05:06 PM
Thanks for posting. How do you guys clean the car after the trip?

04OFF
19th May 2013, 07:02 PM

http://www.rainbowbeachcarwash.com.au/

This is one of the few under body wash systems that really work, ive been to a few, and this , plus the one at Teewah/Tewantin, are the only ones i have found that you DON'T need to spend another 30 min under the car afterwards, well worth the money IMO.

The ones near the city seem to be "one" row of spray only, ive tested a few out after beach trips, and i had to spend the same amount of time under the vehicle with a pressure hose to get rid of the sand, just as if i had not been to the car wash at all, so yeh, you may see a little bit of sand left, but the rainbow one does work.

Parksy
19th May 2013, 07:32 PM
Spent a few hours on Fraser Island when one of our helicopters decided not to play the game. The automatic flight control system computer had taken in water, so asked one of the locals for a hair drier. Dried it out and we were on our way again. Wish we could have spent abit more time there to have a look though.

04OFF
19th May 2013, 08:12 PM
Spent a few hours on Fraser Island when one of our helicopters decided not to play the game. The automatic flight control system computer had taken in water, so asked one of the locals for a hair drier. Dried it out and we were on our way again. Wish we could have spent abit more time there to have a look though.

You tease, where's the rest of the story eh ?

You with the care flight or some thing, did you land at King fisher,Happy Valley, or Orchid Beach ?

Had the AGL chopper land @ Happy Valley when staying there , twas very cool .......

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/Favs/PB12.jpg

Parksy
19th May 2013, 08:24 PM
Landed at the local airfield. Though I'm guessing that there's only the one?

Actually in defence. A navy seahawk. Flew down to Tasmania and back. Very painful flight.

04OFF
19th May 2013, 08:55 PM
Ah, pretty sure that would be Orchid Beach then, helipads at the above places, but other than 75 mile beach, i think Orchid is the only "official" air strip.

BTW, the pies from across the road (orchid beach trading post) are well worth a taste if you get chance :smile:

Can't wait to get back to Fraser :smiley_thumbs_up:

happygu
19th May 2013, 11:40 PM

Shame on you Megatexture, as it is your backyard.....fantastic place, if it wasn't for all the tourists from Victoria.

There are some magnificent camp sites right along the ocean beach front just behind the dunes, as well as the rest of the island itself.

You could spend weeks there

Mic

happygu
19th May 2013, 11:44 PM

Bit of fish oil in all the right places, such as the joins between two panels, before you go helps too...

Mic

coopatrol
23rd May 2013, 03:38 PM
Im guessing you landed at kingfisher bay ,coopatrol ?

Yes Fraser is a must do, but don't under estimate its size, its not known as the largest sand island in the world for nothing, we did over 1oooks exploring the island, and still had to go back again on another trip to see what we missed, so a week long stay minimum is advised just to get a feel for the place.

Still very keen to go back as well !

no, caught ferry from River Heads straight across, stayed at Eurong. can't wait to get back there.

coopatrol
23rd May 2013, 03:47 PM
Car wash at rainbow beach, cleans underneath really well + has anti rust spray.

vwace
12th June 2013, 06:56 PM
awesome pics. i would love to go to fraser island

Safari Njema
6th August 2013, 05:51 AM
Fraser Island is a dream destination for me. I hope I can visit there one day. In the meantime thanks for the lovely photos and keeping that dream alive!

Tas GQ
12th August 2013, 10:52 PM
Nice pics mate. Fraser Island is on the list of places to go. The misses and i have talked about maybe doing it next year.

somersetj
18th August 2013, 06:48 PM
awesome pics mate

arbee
27th August 2013, 10:02 PM
great pics

Mitch.mccabe
3rd September 2013, 05:28 PM
Looking at going here in a few months, Did you camp or stay at one of the resorts?

Cabzii
4th September 2013, 01:19 PM
Definitely on my too do list.

Cabzii
5th September 2013, 10:44 AM
Great Pics

Davey Jones
15th January 2014, 05:52 PM
nice pics mate. this is definitely on my to-go list!

scottsauto
18th February 2014, 09:06 PM
i'm going to be there soon

Petrolling
12th June 2014, 09:15 PM
Planning to get there soon. Only just got an old 88 GQ and took it to Bribie for the long weekend, surprised at how well it went on sand although it wasn't that hard to deal with

Nlouis
16th July 2014, 02:14 PM
looks awesome

Bogan_dano
3rd September 2014, 12:26 PM
I can't wait to go here !! Hopefully jan

Throbbinhood
2nd October 2014, 12:20 PM
Awesome pictures!

dilmah
19th October 2014, 10:28 PM
I'm heading up their early feb 2015. Im a little worried about what the weather will be like but because everyone is saying dont go then? but its the only time me and my mates can get off work :/

NP99
19th October 2014, 11:11 PM
I'm heading up their early feb 2015. Im a little worried about what the weather will be like but because everyone is saying dont go then? but its the only time me and my mates can get off work :/

Mate, any time is fine, just depends on what you want to do up there...

David reeve
17th January 2016, 10:22 AM
I cannot wait for a Fraser trip

sarefeet
30th July 2018, 08:29 PM
Nice pics mate, cant wait to get back to Fraser in the next month or two