2nd March 2013, 09:50 AM
Hi all,
Cape York trip August 2013!!!!
Myself my uncle and a good mate are heading
To the cape in a new 70 series.
We plan to go bloomfield battlecamp rd lake field,
Creb track, frenchmans, chilli beach leaving from brissy allowing
4 weeks.were three easy going blokes not going
To be towing a camper but fully self sufficient If there anyone keen on a tag along
Get in touch see what we can arrange,we're having a BBQ over Easter to set the date but looking to leave brissy wene school holiday finish in August .
See ya on the track?
Got my holiday dates wrong were looking to leave 2nd week July.

DATES ARE SET- LEAVE CABOOLTURE 22ND JULY
RETURN 20 AUGHUST
BRING IT ON!!!!!

Ben81C
9th March 2013, 11:58 PM
I am taking 5 weeks of from last week in june through to end of August to do a very similar trip. Cant wait. Might see you on the tracks

BearGUST
10th March 2013, 08:35 AM
There was supposed to be a big crew of '60's to the cape' somewhere around that time. Might be worth checking the dates to make sure places aren't choccas!

threedogs
10th March 2013, 08:43 AM
Hoping to be up there late AUG early Sept

lorrieandjas
11th March 2013, 01:03 PM
Hi mate - we have 13 travelling up between the 4th and end of August. Check out RLI's Travelling Wilburys 2013 Cape York thread...... Might bump into you up there.

Jas

Tonks
13th March 2013, 04:56 PM
G'Day mate,

We are going to the Cape July 2013,

Have fun.

shanemma
14th March 2013, 11:27 AM
Hi mate - we have 13 travelling up between the 4th and end of August. Check out RLI's Travelling Wilburys 2013 Cape York thread...... Might bump into you up there.

Jas

No worries mate see you there do you no wat route your
Taking

lorrieandjas
14th March 2013, 11:30 AM
No worries mate see you there do you no wat route your
Taking

Hi mate - if you check out our website (http://www.travellingwilburys2013.com.au) we have the full itinerary on there!

Jas

shanemma
10th April 2013, 08:19 PM
G'Day mate,

We are going to the Cape July 2013,

Have fun.

Hi tonks,
we have set our dates; leaving caboolture 22 july back on the 20 aughust.
do you have your dates set.
cheers shannon

threedogs
10th April 2013, 08:36 PM
Going by this thread 50% of the forum will be up the Cape Aug/Sept ,ye go Forum

mudrustandust
11th April 2013, 04:53 PM
gday mate have you been before the whole road is a piece of piss to drive have to go out a little further for some ruff stuff if ya stopping at punsand say gday to john and Jackie

shanemma
12th April 2013, 06:05 PM
gday mate have you been before the whole road is a piece of piss to drive have to go out a little further for some ruff stuff if ya stopping at punsand say gday to john and Jackie

Hi mate,
Yeah did the trip in 04 with a mate spent 10 week in
The bush up there. Pretty much stayed away from the
Tourist route plan on doing a bit of the same again.
Last trip had no fridge battery lights genny ect so doing it a bit
More comfy this round.

threedogs
12th April 2013, 06:16 PM
Jaw dropped when I did it in 83 late Aug, Feral pigs, Barra on the Wenlock, 11ft python, that many tiapan we lost count.
Travelled north with 2 teachers from Bamaga, Wilderness lodge closed at the TIP , camp ground only had Bamboo toilet block
You could drive the Jardine back then and we did after walking across first {der}. Engel played up ,so hot beer it was, {YUK}
Drove through random scrub fires. Gunshot was just an Army training track back then. oh memories, VB cans $84 @ 24 in 1983.

NP99
12th April 2013, 10:50 PM
Jaw dropped when I did it in 83 late Aug, Feral pigs, Barra on the Wenlock, 11ft python, that many tiapan we lost count.
Travelled north with 2 teachers from Bamaga, Wilderness lodge closed at the TIP , camp ground only had Bamboo toilet block
You could drive the Jardine back then and we did after walking across first {der}. Engel played up ,so hot beer it was, {YUK}
Drove through random scrub fires. Gunshot was just an Army training track back then. oh memories, VB cans $84 @ 24 in 1983.

xxxx might have been cheaper :)

megatexture
13th April 2013, 01:49 AM
Ah that would have been before they started filtering the urine for vb lol the not so good old days lol

shanemma
15th April 2013, 09:27 PM
Ah that would have been before they started filtering the urine for vb lol the not so good old days lol

Hi all
Can anyone give me some info on
Varylia beach.
Camping condition,fishing ect I've heard
It's a nice spot just not much info about it.
Thanks Shannon

shanemma
4th May 2013, 09:40 AM
Only 70 dayes to go.
If anyone can suggest any Good fishing spots that would be great.