PDA

View Full Version : What would you pay??

Ben-e-boy
1st March 2013, 08:56 PM
Gday.

I am going to change my suspension set up on the ute a bit to fine tune it.

I am thinking of selling my
SPRINGS. 4 inch Dobinson HD flexy coils (21,000 km) $400 set new
SHOCKS. F. 11 inch travel Offroad Boss (11,000km) $285 each new
R. 13 inch travel Offroad boss (11,000 km) $285 each new
4 inch superflex drop radius arms (21,000km) the superflex arm has new bushes (2000km) $1300 new

close to 3 grand worth of gear for $800

would prefer to sell to a member of the forum
Does that sound fair

Cheers
Benny

AB
1st March 2013, 10:05 PM
Sounds more then fair fancy pants. Someone should snap that up!

Bigrig
1st March 2013, 10:07 PM
How much for me?? lmao

Just tap it in ... taaapp it in ....

nissannewby
1st March 2013, 10:11 PM
Sounds fair. I have thought about doing something similar with mine. Drop it to a 3" with new style superior arms, long arm kit and revised shocks and shock mountings. If I do it all right i could get nearly twice the flex I see now.

Ben-e-boy
2nd March 2013, 10:31 AM
Sounds fair. I have thought about doing something similar with mine. Drop it to a 3" with new style superior arms, long arm kit and revised shocks and shock mountings. If I do it all right i could get nearly twice the flex I see now.

thats similar to what I am doing, Gen 2 superflex, King smoothies and sticking with flexy coils but with a different spring rate.

we can be team flex monster.

Ben-e-boy
2nd March 2013, 10:31 AM
How much for me?? lmao

$5000 lmao

nissannewby
2nd March 2013, 11:58 AM
$5000 lmao

For each item.

MudDonk
2nd March 2013, 12:03 PM
For each item.

Plus Bolts :P

04OFF
2nd March 2013, 12:16 PM

Don't forget to put the "attitude tax !" on top

Maxhead
2nd March 2013, 12:18 PM
How much for me?? lmao

$5000 lmao

For each item.

One expensive setup Scotty...LMAO you did ask....

04OFF
2nd March 2013, 12:26 PM
If you have not seen bens ute in action, i can honestly say the gear he is selling performs very very well.

So Ben, if someone has a standard GQ ute, and buys your stuff, what else do they need to make it work (brake lines etc), and will it fit a wagon ?

And just which one of your 10 cars (or howevermany you own now) are you talking about ? (lol) and can you come fit the same set-up to my car when you are done ? :clapping:

Ben-e-boy
2nd March 2013, 12:43 PM
For each item.

Thats the spirit... bushes not included

If you have not seen bens ute in action, i can honestly say the gear he is selling performs very very well.

So Ben, if someone has a standard GQ ute, and buys your stuff, what else do they need to make it work (brake lines etc), and will it fit a wagon ?

And just which one of your 10 cars (or howevermany you own now) are you talking about ? (lol) and can you come fit the same set-up to my car when you are done ? :clapping:

yes you will need brake lines. I got some "goodrich" braided lines made up (ADR approved) from the local brake joint.
you will need to flip you tail shaft.
You will need to at the very least get after market rear control arms or long arms to get the most out of it.
lowering your bump stop is a must if you dont want to blow the shock.

I dont see why it wont fit a wagon.

MudDonk
2nd March 2013, 02:22 PM
Thats the spirit... bushes not included

yes you will need brake lines. I got some "goodrich" braided lines made up (ADR approved) from the local brake joint.
you will need to flip you tail shaft.
You will need to at the very least get after market rear control arms or long arms to get the most out of it.
lowering your bump stop is a must if you dont want to blow the shock.

I dont see why it wont fit a wagon.

am seriously tempted to take it off ya hands and find out if it will mate....

Bigrig
2nd March 2013, 02:32 PM
Nasty bunch .... that's all I have to say ...

Apart from "jealousy is a curse" ... like I need that fancy setup ...

Chris does though .... lmao

Ben-e-boy
2nd March 2013, 02:33 PM
am seriously tempted to take it off ya hands and find out if it will mate....

when are we going to fit it?? If you didnt love men so much you'll change your roster so we have time off at the same time

MudDonk
2nd March 2013, 03:04 PM
Nasty bunch .... that's all I have to say ...

Apart from "jealousy is a curse" ... like I need that fancy setup ...

Chris does though .... lmao

LMFAO i go just as far as u do mate :) ....will have to start draggin that petrol up the hills wiv benny set up in the old girl :P

MudDonk
2nd March 2013, 03:06 PM
when are we going to fit it?? If you didnt love men so much you'll change your roster so we have time off at the same time

wenevas mate...once ur got ur end sorted out and fitted ill have a crack at it...ya sux mate but only few months to go up here...next should b brissie fingers crossed lol

Bigrig
2nd March 2013, 03:22 PM
LMFAO i go just as far as u do mate :) ....will have to start draggin that petrol up the hills wiv benny set up in the old girl :P

Stop yourself before you strain the last remaining fibres in your head!!!

All I can say is ... I've done little red ...

How bout you mate?? lmao

Ben-e-boy
2nd March 2013, 03:43 PM

How bout you mate?? lmao

only because I applied a considerable amount of peer pressure, you havnt done big red yet.

Bigrig
2nd March 2013, 03:56 PM
only because I applied a considerable amount of peer pressure, you havnt done big red yet.

Bwah hahahahahahahaaaaaa

Listen to the salesman supporting his potential client!!!! LMFAO!!!

Firstly, when have you ever known me to succumb to 'peer pressure'???

Secondly, I always stated I was going to do it - hesitant maybe, but commitment never waived.

Lastly, I was the one who strongly suggested to others such as Chris and AB not to do it because I thought they'd get panel damage on the sills where my sliders hit (in agreeable with their decision not to anyway). The voice of reason and practicality I would suggest (even though I use it to my favour now!! lol).

You kids in your big trucks are funny ...

LMFAO!!!

Bigrig
2nd March 2013, 04:00 PM
Seriously though now ... ahem ... Chris should buy your gear ... I know that it wouldn't fit mine as we discussed, but because his truck is different, it'll slot straight in ...

Oh that's right ... it's not different!! lmao

I'm not helping am I?? Take it as boredom driven by relentless rain and the better part of 450ml of scotch since midday catching up on me!! lol

Bigrig
2nd March 2013, 04:02 PM
And in really, truly, honestly, 'you just have to trust me' seriousness ...

$800 is too cheap for that setup - if you keep it at that price, it's a dead set bargain! Even better, if its a QLD buyer, we can strip and refit at my joint for free ... can't get a better offer than that surely??

Ben-e-boy
2nd March 2013, 04:28 PM
what do you think is a good price.

Bigrig
2nd March 2013, 04:56 PM
what do you think is a good price.

Genuinely ... more like $1300-1400 ...

$800 is a mighty deal to offer forum members, but if you end up Gumtree'ing or something, you'd be wanting well over a thousand ... hence the reason we went to so much trouble to measure up mine to see if I could use it - it's top notch equipment and sure, it's second hand, but we're talking bugger all klms really, and miles matter little to those super flex arms ...

My 2c

MudDonk
2nd March 2013, 05:09 PM

How bout you mate?? lmao

PMSFL...i knew that was coming...stupid *&^%$#@ sliders :P...all jokes aside damn lucky u were first in q that day

I would be dukes of hazzard style gettin in and out otherwise LOL

MudDonk
2nd March 2013, 05:12 PM
Seriously though now ... ahem ... Chris should buy your gear ... I know that it wouldn't fit mine as we discussed, but because his truck is different, it'll slot straight in ...

Oh that's right ... it's not different!! lmao

I'm not helping am I?? Take it as boredom driven by relentless rain and the better part of 450ml of scotch since midday catching up on me!! lol

Hammer and a welder and anything will fit mate :D

macca86
2nd March 2013, 05:22 PM
And if that doesn't work get a bigger hammer and the blue flamed wrench

Yendor
2nd March 2013, 05:28 PM
A pi$$ing contest.........MudDonk vs Tank........winner has bragging rights........lmao

Bigrig
2nd March 2013, 05:31 PM
A pi$$ing contest.........MudDonk vs Tank........winner has bragging rights........lmao

Hhmmmm ..Kay ... lmao

Bigrig
2nd March 2013, 05:32 PM
Ohhhhhhhhh .... SOLD!!!! If Benny still wants to offer at $800 and if I still offer the free fitting ... which I do ... at Scotty's Chop Shop of Horrors.

Just shot you the details Benny.

Ben-e-boy
2nd March 2013, 05:41 PM
Ohhhhhhhhh .... SOLD!!!! If Benny still wants to offer at $800 and if I still offer the free fitting ... which I do ... at Scotty's Chop Shop of Horrors.

Just shot you the details Benny.

I havnt got the new gear yet. superflex arms come out next week. the springs will be here next week and the shocks are still in customs.

Bigrig
2nd March 2013, 05:43 PM
You can sort that out with him direct boss - for that money, the wait is of no consequence ...

Ben-e-boy
2nd March 2013, 05:44 PM
PMSFL...i knew that was coming...stupid *&^%$#@ sliders :P...all jokes aside damn lucky u were first in q that day

I would be dukes of hazzard style gettin in and out otherwise LOL

He would have polished off that scotch by now..............what did expect to dribble out of his mouth

Tank has a busy shedule now. Hekarwe dished out a challenge a while back..... now chris

MudDonk
2nd March 2013, 05:50 PM
He would have polished off that scotch by now..............what did expect to dribble out of his mouth

LMAO nail on the head right there benny hahahahahaha :D

Tank has a busy shedule now. Hekarwe dished out a challenge a while back..... now chris

Yup he sure does...gonna b a good test for vehicles and drivers alike that day lol

Yendor
2nd March 2013, 05:52 PM

oh.......is that why tank is up on blocks......lmao

Bigrig
2nd March 2013, 05:55 PM

Those bloody kids .... lmao

Notice how I have never professed Tank to be better but they're all cracking at me? And here I am just happily trying to follow you Benny ...

Oh well, we have to do what we have to do!!! lol

Ben-e-boy
2nd March 2013, 05:57 PM
Yup he sure does...gonna b a good test for vehicles and drivers alike that day lol

RIGHT THATS IT................................MEETUP IN MAY FOR A WEEKENDER one of the 4x4 parks plenty of time to get organised

Nope it because tank got a little mouthy and decided to challenge my mighty ute. I just had to stamp some dominance LMFAO

Bigrig
2nd March 2013, 06:00 PM

Hey hey hey ... go easy lad!!! lol

A. He's not up on blocks
B. He'd still perform if I asked him to even with severe heart conditions, motor neurone dramas, blood poisoning, a few haematoma's, and oncoming Parkinson's (got the shakes with the ruptured radius arm bushes!! lol).
C. Still better than a GU!! LMFAO!!

He'll be right by game day - I'm giving him till a few hours before the match to prove his fitness!!! lol

Bigrig
2nd March 2013, 06:04 PM
RIGHT THATS IT................................MEETUP IN MAY FOR A WEEKENDER one of the 4x4 parks plenty of time to get organised

Nope it because tank got a little mouthy and decided to challenge my mighty ute. I just had to stamp some dominance LMFAO

May meetup - done. Be good to get out truth be told and I'll have the new setup and new rubber in by then.

"Mouthy"?? "Mighty Ute"?? I'll leave that all go ... some of us don't need $87000 of suspension mods and 35's to get around ...

Yes, yes, yes Benny ... you still have the toy we all want to play with in the sandpit!!! lol

Yendor
2nd March 2013, 06:11 PM
ok.....the challenge has been set and accepted.

I'll be the official.......let the games begin.....lol

MudDonk
2nd March 2013, 06:17 PM

May hell yes im in...make a long weekend of it for sure :D

Bigrig
2nd March 2013, 06:19 PM
ok.....the challenge has been set and accepted.

I'll be the official.......let the games begin.....lol

You do look good in stripes ... and a whistle!! lol

Yendor
2nd March 2013, 06:26 PM
You do look good in stripes ... and a whistle!! lol

I know, you have whispered that numerous times into my ears. :wink:

Airstrike
2nd March 2013, 06:28 PM
Springs 4x4 park could be a good challenge spot?? I will be a spectator, I like to watch....

Ben-e-boy
2nd March 2013, 06:37 PM
Springs 4x4 park could be a good challenge spot?? I will be a spectator, I like to watch....

baahahahahahahahaha. you're fu#$ed ryan

Airstrike
2nd March 2013, 06:42 PM
Yep prob.... LMAO alternate life style in real world conditions.

nissannewby
2nd March 2013, 06:53 PM
With this little meetup I dish out my own little challenge - no lockers allowed. Ben-e that means one hub unlocked and Chris your fuses removed.

Bigrig
2nd March 2013, 06:55 PM
With this little meetup I dish out my own little challenge - no lockers allowed. Ben-e that means one hub unlocked and Chris your fuses removed.

That'd be a bit of fun actually ... but ... um ... that still leaves those nasty big 35's boss!! Chris and I will just make do on the tyres we drive there with ... no changeovers onsite for us!!! lmao

Airstrike
2nd March 2013, 06:59 PM
I may bring out the Pajero and show you the might of a Paj. No lifts and No lockers

nissannewby
2nd March 2013, 07:04 PM
I'll bring the gu. 2" lift and 285's

macca86
2nd March 2013, 07:09 PM
I'll bring a carton of beer and watch you all destroy each other drink it all and offer unhelpful comments from the peanut gallary

Yendor
I may bring out the Pajero and show you the might of a Paj. No lifts and No lockers

Sorry that would be an unfair advantage.

Ben-e-boy

4x4 v 4x4 v 3x4.

Yendor
2nd March 2013, 07:10 PM
I'll bring the gu. 2" lift and 285's

Good to see the top shelf is coming out now.

Yendor
2nd March 2013, 07:11 PM
I'll bring a carton of beer and watch you all destroy each other drink it all and offer unhelpful comments from the peanut gallary

I'll give you a hand.

Ben-e-boy
2nd March 2013, 07:11 PM
do we want to try the new scenic rim???

macca86
2nd March 2013, 07:13 PM
We need to do something haven't had a meet up in a while

Ben-e-boy
2nd March 2013, 07:14 PM

if you drink too much we will use as a winch anchor lmao

Airstrike
2nd March 2013, 07:19 PM
Do you mean the new scenic rim where there is really cool events like http://www.scenicrimadventurepark.com.au/events/battle-of-the-parks-2013 and stuff???

Ben-e-boy
2nd March 2013, 07:22 PM
Do you mean the new scenic rim where there is really cool events like http://www.scenicrimadventurepark.com.au/events/battle-of-the-parks-2013 and stuff???

I was thinking the springs but its an 8 hour drive each way and that is painful in the ute, worse if its busted

great plug for torq 4x4

Airstrike
2nd March 2013, 07:28 PM
I was thinking the springs but its an 8 hour drive each way and that is painful in the ute, worse if its busted

great plug for torq 4x4

plug???? lmao

Bigrig
2nd March 2013, 07:32 PM
What about Manar Park??

Ben-e-boy
2nd March 2013, 07:37 PM
What about Manar Park??

Righto

Everyone ok with manar park.

Airstrike
2nd March 2013, 07:45 PM
Im easy ;-) just watching

Sent from my abyss using Tapatalk 2

Yendor
2nd March 2013, 07:55 PM
Sounds good to me.

macca86
2nd March 2013, 08:10 PM
Manar park is good camping even better if you ride bikes. Due to mechanical issues I didn't explore all the tracks but most labeled hard were easy for stock d22 navara. Mud donk I dare you to do the mud pit I tried and failed. But I'd be keen on this. Nice 5 hr drive from Brisbane and the boyne river for a swim in too.

Ben-e-boy
2nd March 2013, 09:18 PM
Manar park is good camping even better if you ride bikes. Due to mechanical issues I didn't explore all the tracks but most labeled hard were easy for stock d22 navara. Mud donk I dare you to do the mud pit I tried and failed. But I'd be keen on this. Nice 5 hr drive from Brisbane and the boyne river for a swim in too.

whoa there are challenges being thrown down left right and centre. it will be a ripper weekend. I think there will be some damage. Mainly to muddonk lmao I can see it now hahahahaha

Airstrike
2nd March 2013, 10:03 PM
Lol don't stress lads pajamas will smash it

Sent from my phone CuuuuuY645646tttss using Tapatalk 2

04OFF
2nd March 2013, 10:13 PM
Wow, this thread changed just a little while i was away :tongue:

Sound exciting , not sure i want to drive 5 hours to just take pics tho

Airstrike
2nd March 2013, 10:19 PM
I meant pajero lol

Sent from my phone CuuuuuY645646tttss don'tusing Tapatalk 2