PDA

View Full Version : Northern Tassie Tracks?

Greazer
1st March 2013, 10:56 AM
Does anyone know of any tracks near Launceston that arent Hollybank? Im getting sick of going out to the same place over and over again.

Cheers

taslucas
1st March 2013, 12:01 PM
Hi mate, I'm from the northwest so don't know launy area all that well when it comes to 4wd tracks but I've heard theres a bit of fun to be had towards Scottsdale.
There's also plenty of forestry tracks around the Targa area and mount barrow. Not sure if there's much in the way of good 4wding tracks there.
Sorry I'm not of much use haha!

FanTapstic!

taslucas
1st March 2013, 12:02 PM
But if you ever venture further west I can show you days worth of tracks. Including my own man made tracks on the farm:-)

FanTapstic!

Greazer
1st March 2013, 09:36 PM
Hollybank is on the way to Scottsadale , that could be that? Thats alright mate, i really dont think there is actually all that much near Launy. The mrs mum lives in Devonport so might go for a visit and go for a crawl :)

taslucas
1st March 2013, 09:42 PM
Yeah I've been to hollybank a few times. Pretty sure there is a bit closer to ScottsDale. Like anywhere in Tassie though, all ya gotta do is spend a day checking out forestry tracks and you'll find your own cool spots. The older the better.
You're right though. Not much close to launie. The braddon 4x4 club do runs all over the central north and North west.
But the offer still stands, if you're over this way I can show you plenty of local stuff. Into the back of the Arthur river etc etc...

FanTapstic!

mal555
3rd June 2013, 10:29 AM
There are plenty more tracks on the northern side of Lilydale (Hollybank being on the southern side of Lilydale road), ranging out around the Tunnel, Retreat areas and back around towards Mount Direction. These are all ex-forestry/logging tracks and plenty of them.

One of the most popular destinations is St. Albans Bay which is a coastal track between Bellingham and Bridport which incorporates big sand dunes and great camping areas. Don't forget to drop the tire pressure (16-20 psi) before the soft stuff.

Heading out the Tasman Highway towards Scottsdale, just after you leave Myrtle Park, turn right up to Camden and follow the logging roads that head toward Ringarooma and Matthina. You can actually come out right at St.Helens without going on blacktop, but plenty of forestry tracks to play on around the Camden area and within half an hour of Launceston.

entilzah
29th January 2014, 10:06 PM
these sound intresting im a newbie to patrols and real 4 x 4s in the launnie area
Bellingham sounds great am looking for quiet camping areas that 2wds cant get to

A.R.
3rd April 2014, 01:11 AM
I'm looking forward to go to Tassie the next weeks. Can't wait to have some fun over there with my patrol. Are there any tracks which you can recommend?
Thanks!

GU CAMPER
7th April 2014, 09:40 AM
Sandy cape, Balfour Track Montezuma Falls, all on the west coast
Sawback Range Track near Mount Field national Park and Adamsfield

Tassie4wder
21st March 2016, 10:59 PM
The jeep track is always a good one

GU CAMPER
23rd March 2016, 09:20 AM
Haven't been down the pyengana jeep track
What's it like
Might try and do it soon

Tassie4wder
10th April 2016, 09:23 PM
Really good some mud some rocky climbs. Challenging in some spots well worth a look

ExpeditionPatrol
29th April 2021, 01:08 PM
Hi TAslucas. Can I have a chat with you about areas in Tasmania?