PDA

View Full Version : GU Spanner & socket sizes

Cuppa
28th February 2013, 11:04 PM
Just a quickie.
What is the largest size needed in a GU Patrol toolkit?

Lieney
28th February 2013, 11:17 PM
All depends on what the purpose of it is I guess.
Local treck on a weekend, or self-sufficient drive across central Australia?

I carry a ring/open spanner set (6-19mm), plus a 300mm shifter, a wheel brace & a decent sized hammer.
Yendor might be able to give a more accurate answer depending on what you want it for.

MudRunnerTD
28th February 2013, 11:34 PM

I carry a ring/open spanner set (6-19mm), plus a 300mm shifter, a wheel brace & a decent sized hammer.
Yendor might be able to give a more accurate answer depending on what you want it for.

I carry exactly the same!

Cuppa
1st March 2013, 07:36 AM

Sorry should have said. For the latter - 'self sufficient drive across central Australia' (or other remote parts).

Bloodyaussie
1st March 2013, 07:51 AM
I think I have used a 22mm and maybe a 24???

Cuppa
1st March 2013, 08:35 AM
Thanks BA.
Roll up, Roll up, any advances on 24mm?
My socket set goes up to 32mm & ring spanners up to 27mm, but I'm in weight reduction mode & wanting to offload what I don't need. Would hate to need one a long way from anywhere & not have it though, expecially if I knew it was back home in the shed.
I have a vague memory of reading a mention of a 27mm being required for some part of the suspension sometime back???

NP99
19th September 2013, 05:04 PM
Guaranteed the one you leave at home is the only one you will need!

megatexture
19th September 2013, 05:49 PM
The largest would be on the radius arm or panhar rod?

MudRunnerTD
19th September 2013, 06:00 PM
Yep a 22mm is needed for the Tie Rod ends and a second 22mm or 7/8 would be handy. A big Shifter and a pair of big multi grips will take car of the rest i think. A Hub nut socket is handy too. the GU runs a 2 pin type and handy to have the right tool.