PDA

View Full Version : GU7 Stereo, bluetooth microphone

TheFlyingBadger
5th December 2010, 11:52 PM
Does anyone know if the factory stereo that's in the current ST (the one with the bluetooth) has a microphone input on the back as the one that's on the front of the radio is susceptible to background noise and i wouldn't mind attaching a specific mic up near the drivers sunvisor.

Maxhead
6th December 2010, 07:19 PM
Can't help you as I don't know the unit but it might be worth pulling the unit out to have a look or check the manual.
Should only take 5 min to take it out. 2 screws for the plastic surround and 4 screws for the stereo

I have a different unit and have done the same, routed the mic under the dash up the pillar and mounted it above the drivers head

AB
6th December 2010, 09:45 PM
I would doubht they would have a plug at the back but don't know myself.

If you do take it out, lets us know what you find too mate, that would be good to know for future reference.

TheFlyingBadger
7th December 2010, 12:21 AM
Can't help you as I don't know the unit but it might be worth pulling the unit out to have a look or check the manual.
Should only take 5 min to take it out. 2 screws for the plastic surround and 4 screws for the stereo

I have a different unit and have done the same, routed the mic under the dash up the pillar and mounted it above the drivers head

there's nothing in the manual...

so is it just the two screws to get the trim off, and then i'd see some more screws for the radio itself?