PDA

View Full Version : Any Electricians looking for an apprentice?

Cbates
27th February 2013, 10:31 PM
Hi Guys

I have recently successfully completed a pre apprenticeship course at Swinburne in Croydon. This course has provided me with the basic knowledge of the use of tools and producing products, learning maths used in the electrical trade, wiring basic lighting and power circuits and completing tests on all the classes involved, with my average grade result as an 85%. I have also had approximately 5 months experience as an electrical trade assistant with Eagle Eye Power and Vision as well as casual laboring work in various trades.

In the past year I have studied primary teaching in America while representing the college (California Baptist University) in volleyball however I chose to pursue a trade instead as I am more attracted to hands on work that still makes me think. College taught me time management skills and how to complete a task to the best of my ability in a short time frame. I am very interested in the electrical industry as I love the idea of maths and the technical side of being an electrician and the way it will challenge me in the future.

If you are looking please let me know or if you know anyone looking that would be great.
Thanks Guys! ps: i reside in melbourne

Corey

macca
28th February 2013, 08:27 AM
If you like the maths have you thought of the automated side of the trade.
We install Clipsal C-Bus, there are many others available.
The city market is huge unlike our small town, I would imagine Melbourne would have a huge market.

Cbates
28th February 2013, 09:11 AM
Yea I'm really interested in that side but not sure how to get into it. Any suggestions? Thanks mate

Ben-e-boy
28th February 2013, 09:20 AM
I know BMA are having their yearly intake at the Daunia and Caval ridge coal mines (central QLD FIFO). Not too sure if there is positions for sparkies. But Daunia have a new coal wash plant might be worth a try.

macca
28th February 2013, 09:32 AM
Yea I'm really interested in that side but not sure how to get into it. Any suggestions? Thanks mate

try searches for companies that say,
Future proof cabling / wiring / installations
Smart Wiring
Home Automation
Clipsal C-Bus (HPM, Hagar and other electrical suppliers have automation systems)
Energy efficient house cabling / wiring / installations