PDA

View Full Version : Digital Multimeter (compass and temperature reader)

raneydelrey
5th December 2010, 11:11 PM
Hi Everyone,

not so sure if this is the right thread or forum but if I am wrong my apologies, does your GU have this kind installed in the ceiling near the rear view window do you know any person who sells this

Bigrig
5th December 2010, 11:45 PM
Have you got a picture you could throw up for us to have a look at mate???

raneydelrey
6th December 2010, 11:48 PM
http://www.nissan.com.au/webpages/models/Patrol_model.html#/key-features

THEN CLICK THE "COMPASS" sorry for the Big Caps

raneydelrey
6th December 2010, 11:50 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/12/5.jpg

This is what I am looking for.. Surplus will do

YNOT
7th December 2010, 08:56 AM
I'm not sure if that was available in Australian Patrols, if it was it would only have been in top of the range TI's and possibly ST-L's.

Tony

raneydelrey
7th December 2010, 09:47 AM
HI Tony, thank you for the information. Yes here in the Philippines it is also found only in Petrol versions, do you think there is a place or a site who sells this.... or do you have any in equivalent

YNOT
7th December 2010, 11:54 AM
You could try to get one second hand, or send a PM to 'Nizzbits' for a good price on a new part.

Tony

Bigrig
7th December 2010, 11:58 AM
Yeah, haven't seen them here in any patrols - that's not to say they aren't out there, but looks a different spec roof console (at least from the two GU Ti's I know of), so more than likely overseas premium option or something.

Timbo
7th December 2010, 01:20 PM
It's a damn good idea though!

Russell1974
7th December 2010, 07:03 PM
A friend of mine has one of them in her 2002, 4.8, GU TI

raneydelrey
7th December 2010, 11:48 PM
@YNOT - will try to PM it seems it is right this feature is only available in petrol same here in the Philippines
@RUSSEL1974 - but it is nice that even the diesel variant can have one
@Timbo - Right you are..... really want this part

Timbo
8th December 2010, 11:15 AM
@YNOT - will try to PM it seems it is right this feature is only available in petrol same here in the Philippines
@RUSSEL1974 - but it is nice that even the diesel variant can have one
@Timbo - Right you are..... really want this part

Well I've been thinking about buying a weather station and putting it into the 4WD. I'm sure there are better alternatives to desktop weather stations that are actually made for 4wd's.. This one pictured in this thread is just neat.

raneydelrey
8th December 2010, 01:19 PM
Hi Timbo- hmmm weather station on top of the patrol. hehehehee but I really want the one in the picture (crying like a bab)

maque
10th January 2012, 02:05 PM
hi i just wanna ask if where to buy a good temperature reader and compasses (http://www.jcwhitney.com/compasses/c16540j1s17.jcwx)? any help guys? thanks a lot.

wheels
11th January 2012, 11:34 PM
You need more than just the display. It has a temperature probe in the front bumper and the compass uses a module in the dash as far as know. Th compass gets calibrated with the earths magnetic fields. Not a cheap unit if you can find one.

damianovdd
17th January 2012, 12:13 AM
I thought that every Patrol has this module. I am lucky to have it then.

rmoore
24th January 2012, 08:53 PM
It's possible only the Ti models have it.

Sithlord
12th January 2013, 08:06 AM
Hi, i have one in mine its a 2.8 td touring in the uk, i think its standard in all uk models, you could probably get one of off ebay there are several breaking on there !! not sure where it connects to though,

Sithlord
12th January 2013, 08:07 AM
oopps sorry just realised the thread is over 2 years old sorry :(