PDA

View Full Version : Knowing what springs I have

Parksy
26th February 2013, 05:53 PM
Hi all

I'm just trying to work out whether my gq patrol has been lifted or not. I'm assuming its sitting on standard height springs but was wondering if someone could measure their ride height so I can confirm this? Where exactly do I take the ride height measurements?

Also, I'm after the rubber spring insulators that sit ontop of the spring. I've found genuine ones for the rears on eBay but can't seem to find the fronts. Anyone able to point me to the right place?

Cheers

Andy

Parksy
27th February 2013, 10:21 AM
Found some front spring seats but for a gu. Are these the same?

healy
27th February 2013, 11:42 AM
Gu suspension fits gq it will sit higher than the actual height because the GU is heavier than a GQ. So if you were to put a 2" lift from GU in a GQ it will be around 3"s high. If I was you I'd be looking at getting the GU spec suspension

threedogs
27th February 2013, 11:47 AM
X 2 With Heals on that, think AB runs GU coils in his GQ,

healy
27th February 2013, 11:51 AM
Yeah my GQ had 2" GU lift kit extra extra heavy duty and a 2" body lift with the 35s and it was a brilliant set up IMO and I did it all for under 700 installed by myself it was awesome something to think about

Winnie
27th February 2013, 01:03 PM
Yeah my GQ had 2" GU lift kit extra extra heavy duty and a 2" body lift with the 35s and it was a brilliant set up IMO and I did it all for under 700 installed by myself it was awesome something to think about

I've got 2" GU springs too... Sits a touch over 3". Perfect height and still legal.

growler2058
27th February 2013, 01:13 PM
I've got 2" GU springs too... Sits a touch over 3". Perfect height and still legal.

How is it legal if the max allowable over standard is 2"?

Sent from the crapper while on tappa

taslucas
27th February 2013, 03:59 PM

Yeah poo!

FanTapstic!

healy
27th February 2013, 04:25 PM
Technically it's 2" lol

growler2058
27th February 2013, 04:26 PM
Yeah poo!

FanTapstic!

Yeah Trent!!

Maxhead
27th February 2013, 04:36 PM
Sorry for hijacking your thread OP but its kind of related..lol

Just thinking if you got pulled over by the boys in blue how would they know the original height of the vehicle to be able to say you are legal or not

Clunk
27th February 2013, 04:36 PM
Yeah Trent!!

Yeah pants boy!!!!

Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....

Maxhead
27th February 2013, 04:38 PM
Yeah pants boy!!!!

You mean pant-less...hahahahah

Winnie
27th February 2013, 04:41 PM

Well it will have a sticker saying 2" and they won't really question it... Gonna

Clunk
27th February 2013, 04:45 PM
You mean pant-less...hahahahah

I won't say what I really mean, so I'll go with what you said ;) hahahaha

taslucas
27th February 2013, 05:09 PM
Well it will have a sticker saying 2" and they won't really question it... Gonna

What will have a sticker? The springs?

FanTapstic!

growler2058
27th February 2013, 05:52 PM
I'm sure the coppers only have to think something's not right to slap a canary on

Clunk
27th February 2013, 06:01 PM
I'm sure the coppers only have to think something's not right to slap a canary on

You're probably right there, then it would be up to the owner to prove otherwise

growler2058
27th February 2013, 06:06 PM
You're probably right there, then it would be up to the owner to prove otherwise

Ahem not probably ;)

NissanGQ4.2
27th February 2013, 06:22 PM
Technically it's 2" lol

The boys in blue won't care about technicalities and it may only be 2 inch over standard on a GU but not for a GQ. Would like to see anyone argue that point with the boys in blue or RTA. I know who would win.

Parksy
27th February 2013, 06:47 PM
So I've gone with the gu spring seats for the front, so hoping these fit because apparently the gu springs fit the gq so assuming the seats are the same.

Does anyone have a ride height of their gq on standard springs?

Clunk
27th February 2013, 09:30 PM
Sorry mate, thought I wrote it down in my members ride thread but no..... Maybe someone with a stocker can shed some light

Parksy
27th February 2013, 10:21 PM
No probs clunk.

Anyone got any pics of their gq with 2" lift springs? Don't want to be too radical as I still need to run the family around.

Cheers.

Clunk
27th February 2013, 10:30 PM
Have a look here and please excuse all the useless dribble......... Stock piccies on page 1, after 2" lift on page 2 - bothe with 31" tyres........ Then with 33s a couple of pages later
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=2167

Clunk
27th February 2013, 11:14 PM
Ahem not probably ;)

I only said probably coz it doesn't happen very often :D

Parksy
4th March 2013, 10:23 AM
Enjoyed going through your thread clunk, some good pictures.
I googled lift heights and got varying results. Some people who have fitted 2 inch springs have the same height as me but then some who have standard springs also have the same height. So I'm wondering if I can work out if my shocks are standard length or suited to lifted springs. Will it just be a matter of measuring the shock from eye to eye in its extended position? Does anyone have the ability of measuring there shocks to tell me? I'll be fitting 2 inch springs so if I can save on costs by reusing the original shocks, I'll be very happy. But if I do have standard sized shocks, then I suppose I'll have to go extended shocks.

Cheers