PDA

View Full Version : Eurovox Sat Nav Upgrade

Billsy
4th December 2010, 05:13 PM
Hi all,

Have a factory fitted Eurovox SatNav (Model 61530) in an 07 Ti which is way out of date

I believe Eurovox went bust a couple of years ago - Does anyone have any idea if updates are available for these tihngs and if so, where you can pick them up/download them from ?

Many thanks in advance

Billsy

NissanGQ4.2
4th December 2010, 06:57 PM
Not looking good Billsy, Eurovox went bust in 2006 i beleive having a search on it now

Do you know what map software is currently installed on it????

Cheers

Todd

Billsy
4th December 2010, 11:00 PM
Hi Todd

Not 100% sure, will poke around the configuration etc tomorrow - Was trying to find an address in one of the "newer" suburbs last night and it wasn't on the SatNav, and as per Muprh's law, my trusty street directory was a few years out of date as well

From what i could find a mob called GO Technology (or similar to that) took over all Eurovox kit after they went belly up so that may be the next course of attack to see what they might come up with.

Cheers

Maxhead
5th December 2010, 10:42 AM
I'm not 100% sure but I thought the eurovox boxes used the whereis maps which are up to version 16.
Jump on there to to have a look around

Billsy
6th December 2010, 11:55 AM
Cheers - Whereis can't supply updates to the Nissan SatNav's
Have got in touch with both Nissan and GO Technologies to see what can be done but am not holding my breath
Given you can pick up a new Navman for about $80 it's probably not worth the effort in chasing tis down, but will advise if i have any joy from either of the above

Maxhead
6th December 2010, 07:13 PM
You could always install one of these 2din units for around $300.
Comes with latest maps and you can also install oziexplorrer on it for topo maps. As well as DVD,TV,Bluetooth,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc. I have one in mine and love it.

http://www.eonon.com/Car-GPS/2-Din-Car-GPS-DVD/G2203A.html

There's lots of other brands around for around that price and also single din units if required. Install takes about 5 minutes.

Cheers

Lionel84
8th February 2013, 10:02 PM
Bump! Lol!
Good information, thanks guys! The satnav is shite! It reckoned I was doing 206kmh!
Will have a look into these other setups!

kevin07
9th February 2013, 10:37 AM
ill have some info on the nissan one on monday when my repaired unit is installed again