PDA

View Full Version : Dog friendly camping

macca86
22nd February 2013, 12:26 AM
So we live in Brisbane and want a dog friendly camping spot to camp in that has fishing 4wding either bush or beach without being in a caravan park so state forests etc in northern to central NSW think coffs to Armadale range from Brisbane. This is for our first anniversary so needs to be special

trekster
22nd February 2013, 12:44 AM
Hey Macca,

Not sure if you've seen this site but http://www.caravancaravan.com.au/
Is a good site to find campsites etc!

Cheers,
Eric.

89gqpatrol4x4
22nd February 2013, 12:58 AM
not NSW but north straddie, inskip point

macca86
22nd February 2013, 07:42 AM
I was after NSW so I can pick up my pig and do a spit roast on the way back. Luvuka 4wd park looks good. Seems taking a dog these days is hard work

Steve4wdin
22nd February 2013, 07:53 AM
Yep, We had a amstaff untill last year. (Old age got him) Dog friendly c/parks would not allow Staffy's." They are savage." Anyway Just bought 2 new ones

macca86
22nd February 2013, 08:01 AM
We have a colli x kelpie 4 months old right now but we have a German Shepard x Alaskan malamute on the way makes it hard but love my dogs rather take them with me than leave them at my parents. I was going to go to the np near Evans head but really wanna take the boys with me

Bob
22nd February 2013, 08:29 AM
Try this site for Camping Books.
I have one for Victoria which shows which sites are Dog Friendly. would highly reconmend

http://esvc000369.wic001ss.server-shop.com/store/listCategoriesAndProducts.shop?idCategory=2

Sir Roofy
22nd February 2013, 11:16 AM
so we live in brisbane and want a dog friendly camping spot to camp in that has fishing 4wding either bush or beach without being in a caravan park so state forests etc in northern to central nsw think coffs to armadale range from brisbane. This is for our first anniversary so needs to be special

hey macca86 leave the dogs home and enjoy the anniversary
with out worrying about the mutts

GU CAMPER
22nd February 2013, 12:08 PM
We have a colli x kelpie 4 months old right now but we have a German Shepard x Alaskan malamute on the way makes it hard but love my dogs rather take them with me than leave them at my parents. I was going to go to the np near Evans head but really wanna take the boys with me

Hi Macca
The NP near Evans Head is beautiful. I camped down at Black Rock last Friday night. There is some 4wding you can do around the area. Only problem would be the dogs in the NP.

macca86
22nd February 2013, 01:52 PM
Seems easier to ditch the dogs but they are our fur babies as we're unsure if we can have kids need a good plumber to fox the broken pipes.

Bob
22nd February 2013, 04:09 PM
Seems easier to ditch the dogs but they are our fur babies as we're unsure if we can have kids need a good plumber to fox the broken pipes.

Can understand where you are coming from Mate. We dont have any Grand Children only Grand Dogs LOL

Luckily in Vic there are numerous Bush Camps where you can take Dogs and we always take ours.

Cuppa
22nd February 2013, 04:13 PM
http://waggle.com.au/flat-earth-mapping-b24/bush-camping-with-dogs-2nd-edition-p315

No idea how good it is.

threedogs
22nd February 2013, 06:48 PM
Need to be carefull of coastal areas as Ticks are everywhere and can/will kill dogs.
If possible offload you furry friends to a family member, last thing you want is losing one
to a snake bite or tick. Years ago my Dingo cross dropped a dead brown snake in my lap she
had just caught, scare the begeeezas out of me. Boy I miss my dog.
Now I have 12.5 kg of fury in Billie

macca86
22nd February 2013, 06:56 PM
We use advantix for ticks as we almost lost a German Shepard to one in 98 so very weary of them. Thanks for the advice might just get the parents to watch them and go to black rocks evens head. There's places to go north of Brisbane but need to get to stanthorpe. If we buy motorbikes I'll go to emu creek bush retreat

threedogs
22nd February 2013, 07:39 PM
They say its not a good way to go having a TICK bite. But like BOB when your powder dries up you can always pat the Shelties
Joke Bob,lol Passed a trailer yesterday with sheltie breeders name on side coming from your way

Yendor
22nd February 2013, 08:12 PM
Steve, if you hit problems, I'm more then happy to look after your dogs.

I only have a smallish back yard, but it is fully fenced and both the wife and I work from home, so there is nearly always someone home.

You are more then welcome to come over and have a look.

My parents found the same problem as you when they were travelling around Australia, not many places would allow dogs and when they did, there was these tough conditions and high bonds.

macca86
22nd February 2013, 10:11 PM
Thanks mate not heading out till June

89gqpatrol4x4
23rd February 2013, 02:03 AM
I was after NSW so I can pick up my pig and do a spit roast on the way back. Luvuka 4wd park looks good. Seems taking a dog these days is hard work

Been there years ago, quite nice, good 4 wheelin and a plus you can take your dogs, when we went we had the whole place to ourselves!

NP99
4th March 2013, 01:39 AM
It's easier finding pet friendly motels than camping spots?... Go figure!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD