PDA

View Full Version : smoking engine

Roger
3rd December 2010, 11:53 PM
Had a new turbo fitted to my G.Q. 2.8 as it was leaking oil through seals and the motor was missing due to this problem now the missing in motor is stating to settle I still have white smoke form exhaust.
can anybody enlighten me as to a fix to this problem.

Woof
4th December 2010, 12:11 AM
Hey Roger, always good to post an intro up first before asking questions mate, you will probably get more answers that way, just a tip for you.

YNOT
4th December 2010, 12:57 AM
Welcome to the forum Roger,

White smoke is unburnt fuel. Are you sure it's not steam?

Tony

Bigrig
4th December 2010, 09:20 PM
Hey mate - is the smoke more prominent on start up only (and whilst warming), or all the time??

tkn
6th December 2010, 03:56 PM
Roger,
First thing to check would be your fuel filter, then the filter on the fuel inlet pipe to your injection pump. If both of those are OK, then it might be a timing problem. Does the engine miss at all?

Roger
6th December 2010, 05:52 PM
It is all the time it's like the engine is flooding.

Roger
6th December 2010, 05:55 PM
I haven't check the filter yet which I must do and yes the engine misses as it seems like it is flooding and a big thank you to all who promptly replied to this problem and I will certainly let all know of the out come.

AB
6th December 2010, 09:42 PM
I haven't check the filter yet which I must do and yes the engine misses as it seems like it is flooding

Let us know how you go too please Roger, It's good to get feedback on any problems.

ikril
7th December 2010, 03:18 AM
hi Roger i have the same problem please can you tell me what have you done to fix this problem

Finly Owner
7th December 2010, 10:31 PM
Air filter blocked, choking engine?