PDA

View Full Version : Qld glasshouse trip 24th

King_ady1
20th February 2013, 04:25 PM
Righto guys. Know its short notice. But I thought before I Finnish cleaning out the car ide make another quick run through the great forestry. Also give a couple of the boys that didn't get to come out last weekend a chance to get muddie.

Ok so was thinking about a 8am meet again. At the glasshouse lookout again.

Hope to see yous out there :)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

04OFF
20th February 2013, 04:49 PM
Damb you keen !, i like your style, id love to go again it was heaps of fun, but instead ive got 2nd round of RC car racing with my son (hes coming 5th overall so we need to go to retain points)

nickpeacock36
20th February 2013, 05:03 PM
Put me down as a maybe. Not sure if my presence is required at home yet.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

King_ady1
20th February 2013, 05:27 PM
Ye I love getting out any chance I can. And if I don't have to fully wash the car it makes it better lol. I'll have u as a maby nick hopefully u can make it.

Ben-e-boy
20th February 2013, 07:48 PM
see you there, muddonk might be in too

robbo0001
20th February 2013, 09:38 PM
I might be in this Sunday, along with a mate in a Colorado.
Wanted to get out again, so why not :)

macca86
20th February 2013, 10:39 PM
Put me in the possible probable group depends how I recover from sound wave on Saturday

nissannewby
21st February 2013, 02:22 AM
You all suck...... :(

Ben-e-boy
21st February 2013, 08:04 AM
You all suck...... :(

haha...... I'm home on the 9th march

King_ady1
21st February 2013, 08:45 AM
When u able to come out nissannewby?? We might have to do a run then aswell.

King_ady1
23rd February 2013, 04:19 PM
Righto boys get excited. Tomorrow's the day. Thinking about a nice little circuit to do. haven't done it in a 4x4 before. So Hopefully we can make it through.

macca86
23rd February 2013, 06:01 PM
What's the plan guys. Starting points times and any convoys leaving Southside or Westside I can tag along with

lhurley
23rd February 2013, 08:24 PM
Im heading out with a few blokes from work. Probably going to be the only patrol in my group. We are starting over the south west side, not really sure where as i havent been over that side before.

Ill be keeping my eyes peeled for you guys and girls.

King_ady1
23rd February 2013, 09:18 PM
Leaving from glasshouse lookout at 8. Probs heading southwest.

04OFF
24th February 2013, 10:55 PM
Howd you guys get on today ?

nickpeacock36
25th February 2013, 04:46 PM
They must still be in there Steve:)

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

lhurley
25th February 2013, 07:57 PM
I didnt even see you guys out there. we didnt have any trouble, well with the real cars that is. a bloody toymotor smurf let us down.

robbo0001
25th February 2013, 08:10 PM
I ended up out there with a Colorado and a locked low lux. Both those vehicles got seriously bogged and swamped, cost the kids a few game consoles and mobile phones, I snatched and winched em out.
We all got stuck in a big greasy clay creek line, the patrol kept trying to drop its ass into a massive rut. An awesome dude in a GU ute pulled me up with his 12000 ridge Ryder winch. I turned around slowly up the top and pulled out the lux with a winch extension strap and about 15 metres of plasma.
The Colorado ingested a heap of water into his rear LSD. Changed that out this arvo at work.

My kids had a ball, it was bucketing down and I spent more time up to my waist in muddy water than actually driving I think.

No damage to our rig apart from very wet carpet. Love that place.

robbo0001
26th February 2013, 06:27 AM
3 pics off a mates facebook page....despite the pics, there was no real way around this clay once in the creek line.
In the first pic, bottom left corner are the ruts my wagon was hung up in...going sideways and backwards into a massive hole, even when connected to the winch.
http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo244/blueydog/winch15.jpg

http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo244/blueydog/winch14.jpg

http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo244/blueydog/diff1.jpg
Colorado diff oil.....or is that actually yoghurt in there?

04OFF
28th February 2013, 06:17 PM
Ohh, that diff oil looks bad, did it have a problem with diff operation, or was it that he just thought he would check diff oil to be sure ?

Must have been after you and the kids went home , but our group drove through that same track without getting stuck the week before.

We did take a different line though, in the first pic, we drove from where the first biker is , down the hill over toward the second biker, then across the little river at the bottom, and headed up toward where your car is, we did get a few wheels in the air and heaps of sliding around, but even both the Hilux's got through no problem !

Perhaps have a crack that way next time ?

BTW Thanks for the pics :clapping:

robbo0001
28th February 2013, 06:53 PM
Nah we could tell his LSD wasn't workin on the day.
His diff breather is is 300mm long and ends under the tray. He spent about10 minutes with his cab getting flooded in a big water hole, so not surprising his diff was flooded as well.

Yeah I have been through that track a few times, pretty slippery bugger last week!

Front locker.....go on :)
That's my excuse to the Missus, any way lol

I would have taken photos but thought i lost my phone in a big pool.
Didn't realise my iPhone was sitting in the drivers foot well covered in mud, til we got to the look out:(
Still works...sort of

04OFF
28th February 2013, 08:53 PM
I see, hope the water didn't cause to much damage to his car.

The main thing you should take from this Dave, is that the "patrol" had to recover the other cars (ha-ha)

At least you got a couple of pics to post mate, you did better than i did anyway :bigthumbup:

robbo0001
28th February 2013, 09:59 PM
I am happy to be rocovered by anyone, and recover anyone... It's all good fun :)

Vinyl floors help so the Colorado is doing well.

I need to remember to take a normal digital camera, gets complicated handling a phone, driving and feeding/ entertaining little kids at the same time. Saying that, if they didn't enjoy it... I probably wouldn't be heading out!