PDA

View Full Version : Warning light next to seatbelt light

Dhuck
3rd December 2010, 06:43 PM
As I am new to patrols, I am needing to know what the warning light next to the seat belt light is on a 95 GQ Patrol RX 4.2 EFI. It is the orange one that is a circle with a type of arrow pointing down with a horizontal line across the middle. This light comes on only when I accelerate.

I have looked in workshop manuals but they say nothing and I don't have an owners manual.

YNOT
3rd December 2010, 07:49 PM
Without going down to the shed to check my owners manual, it sounds like it might be the air filter blocked warning light.

Tony

Dhuck
3rd December 2010, 09:00 PM
I will have a look into that when the daylight is showing and I have more blood in the alcohol system. But this could be a great possibility considering what the truck was used for previous. To much electrical on vehicles after mid 80's. I am old school mechanical.

Your sig says "I'm much too young to feel this damn old". Well I am much too old to feel this old. Shyte what am I saying, I don't think I'm that old.

You are only as old as the woman you feel. Noooooo, she is older than me.

YNOT
3rd December 2010, 11:13 PM
You are only as old as the woman you feel. Noooooo, she is older than me.

Why do you think I married someone 6 years younger than myself. When I started my apprenticeship my (now) wife was in grade 6!

Tony

NissanGQ4.2
4th December 2010, 10:54 AM
Without going down to the shed to check my owners manual, it sounds like it might be the air filter blocked warning light.

Tony

That's exactly what i believe it is Tony, I had the same warning light come on under hard acceleration, replaced the air filter and no more light :)

Finly Owner
4th December 2010, 10:33 PM
Why do you think I married someone 6 years younger than myself. When I started my apprenticeship my (now) wife was in grade 6!

Tony

:hijacked:My Dad married my Mum and she was twelve years younger than him, I went the other way and have a missus 12 years older than me.

reinaldo
28th January 2011, 02:19 PM
I think there's nothing wrong if you're going going to replace the airl filter to fix the problem with the seatbelt light. If you change your mind, you may see this set of seat belts & accessories (http://www.jcwhitney.com/seat-belts-and-accessories/c3268j1s17.jcwx).