PDA

View Full Version : Front springs sit lower than the rear. Is that normal with 2 inch lift

Jimmyjack
2nd December 2010, 10:59 PM
Ian in sure about this. But my patrol sits in a forward tilt and I have 2 inch lift. Are the springs and shocks in the front buggered or do I replace for stiffer springs and shocks to get the same height as the rear. Taking in that I no the front is heavy than the rear. And the front suspention is bouncy when I push on the bull bar. All help needed. Cheers. Jimmy.

YNOT
3rd December 2010, 06:08 AM
With out having seen your car I can't tell you if your springs and shocks are stuffed, but it is normal for the back of an unladen Patrol to sit about an inch higher than the front. The extra height will mean the vehicle sits about level when loaded.

Tony

Bigrig
3rd December 2010, 06:26 PM
The only thing I can add to Tony's comment is if they have put variable rate springs in the front - not supposed to generally, and this is exactly what I had previously (just got a new dobinson setup).. My front springs had basically collapsed with the top three or so coils literally sitting on each other - makes for a rigid ride too ... have a look under the front and make sure the coils at the top of the spring aren't sitting on one another ... if they do, then I'd be replacing the front springs.