PDA

View Full Version : GU 3.0L DI stock dump pipe with EGT bung

ShaunM
12th February 2013, 07:17 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'd like to get the boost and EGT gauges in. Originally I thought I'd hold off until I could do the exhaust but it looks like this will be further off than I'd hoped due to a lack of funding.

Was wondering if anyone has a stock dump pipe with EGT bung welded in that I could take off your hands for a reasonable price.

Cheers,
Shaun

Maxhead
12th February 2013, 07:20 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'd like to get the boost and EGT gauges in. Originally I thought I'd hold off until I could do the exhaust but it looks like this will be further off than I'd hoped due to a lack of funding.

Was wondering if anyone has a stock dump pipe with EGT bung welded in that I could take off your hands for a reasonable price.

Cheers,
Shaun

You could take the pipe off and get an exhaust shop to weld one in for ya. You can get screw in ones as well but weld is better. This would be your cheapest option IMO

kevin07
12th February 2013, 10:37 PM
you should be able to tap a thread in usually its a tapered thread quite tuff holding it in i know with my beudesert 2.75 they welded a bung in with a thread for me to put my own screw in one on thread on that is 1/4 npt. i originally i tapped a thread into my dump while it was still in the car. also its cast not really good for welding. kev

ns3474
13th February 2013, 11:50 AM
you can get a clamp from autrom,very simple to use .just clamp on drill hole and attach probe,no need to remove exhaust

threedogs
13th February 2013, 12:47 PM
PM MUDSKI think he has a spare one he's gutted

Gu01patrol
13th February 2013, 02:23 PM
Hi

What size probe do you have, I have a spare screw in type 1/8 NPT to suite a 3 mm probe, u just have to drill a hole and tape it into yr dump pope then screw in with some thread lock if this helps, it new never used free if you can use it

ShaunM
16th February 2013, 02:37 AM
Thanks for your replies guys. I like the sound of the screw in and clamp ideas so I don't have to remove it the exhaust to install it.
Seeing as I will eventually be replacing the exhaust I'll go for the more permanent solution of having one welded into the new exhaust then.