PDA

View Full Version : My Camper Trailer Build Thread

rusty_nail
11th February 2013, 02:42 PM
Hi Guys,

So ive been lucky enough to be given a trailer from my old man. Its a 6x4 Dean Trailer, ex RFS, and Ready to go off road. It was used originally to cart tanks of water for rural firefighting so as im sure you can all imagine its very durable.

The one thing thats different about my design is i didnt wanted minimal maintenance so that meant NO canvas. The whole top is going to be a steel frame sheeted, lined and insulated.

Ill be posting pics up as the unit progresses but if anyone has some suggestions id be more than happy to hear them!!!

note: i dont have a pic of the trailer itself on me as im at work but will upload one soon.

the third pic is of the frame on its end. there is a shelf going in you can see the start of it at the top of the frame. that is also the most up to date pic i have taken.

Bloodyaussie
11th February 2013, 03:13 PM
Another trailer thread, we have to change the websites name??

rusty_nail
11th February 2013, 03:23 PM
i can delete the thread if it offends?

threedogs
11th February 2013, 03:26 PM
M2cW is get some triangles on that frame work or plates/gussets.
for insulation try polystyrene sheet instead of batts,
Factor in an overhaed console for 12v radio etc.
Sides big lift up doors with windows rear door window as well. Some sail rail for an awning
Just sold my one to my BFF
was 6x4 , 7x5 would be ideal. solar panel on roof acted as tropical roof
never got hot even in full sun,,,,,,,,,,bolt on /bolt off rubber in between

Maxhead
11th February 2013, 03:26 PM
Hey Rusty, once you get more photos whack them up mate. This will be a cool build. Keen to see the rest.....

Bloodyaussie
11th February 2013, 03:32 PM
No don't delete I just think it is funny!!

I am enjoying all these as by chance I am looking at modding mine!!

rusty_nail
11th February 2013, 03:35 PM
M2cW is get some triangles on that frame work or plates/gussets.
for insutation try polystyrene sheet instead of batts,
Factor in an overhaed console for 12v radio etc.
Sides t big lift up doors with windows rear door window as well. Some sail rail for an awning
Just sold my one to my BFF
was 6x4 , 7x5 would be ideal. solar panel on roof acted as tropical roof
never got hot even in full sun

thanks mate, i really like that white one it looks very similar to my build. your right windows would be good i was thinking somthing like the windout ones you see on caravans(kinda look like a bubble.

I like the idea about insulation, i was wondering what to do it with and that sounds like a great idea!

The shelf will be fitting a 12v 18.5 inch TV and small computer for movies b4 bed. Solar on the roof like your white one. i was gonna fit a pullout awning on for side cover, and one big door on the passenger side.

what do you mean fit some triangles? do you mean for strength? there is still about another 10 m of steel to go into it before i start sheeting.

thanks for the suggestions they are great so keep em coming!!!

Hey Rusty, once you get more photos whack them up mate. This will be a cool build. Keen to see the rest.....

ill take some sharper(non phone) images when i get home of the trailer and some more of the framework tomorrow.

rusty_nail
11th February 2013, 03:36 PM
No don't delete I just think it is funny!!

I am enjoying all these as by chance I am looking at modding mine!!

haha too easy mate! well ill be looking out for yours when it pops up too!

threedogs
11th February 2013, 04:54 PM
Just some of the things i did ,that white one is the finished blue job. brought a 6x4 for $$$$$, cut everything off it except springs
left the slipper style in as was only going to Murray. fitted a 50 x 50mm solid axle with electric brakes if you have the $$$$ good idea.
Turned it up side down cleaned up all welds . measured centre string lined the drawbaw central 1800mm long, I'm a big fan of triple draw bars
with centre bar going back passed axle on tub. box off the pointy end with plate. welded an O'Brieon off road coupling[easy to use].
bolted up the axle spring over style, fitted the 285s, welded guards on last. made a custom tailgate. pre welded tabs on drawbar for future
boxes etc, fitted colourbond sheet and capped with 25 x 25 aluminium angle, smothered it in stickers and went camping, got to mention "bearing buddies"
best thing ever for a trailer. rattling on so I'll rattle off. Hide all 7 core wires inside RHS underneath for protection, use rated safety chain

FYI I'll keep coming here, my extension was only 600mm never hit my head once, also fitted a false floor, basically a piece of 12mm ply on some 25 x 25 slats. Dont know if you can see but there are 2 marine speakers mounted on the outside, to catch the tunes. also on the Hilux tub job besides plenty of internal LED lighting I've also put it inderneath{ led strip} connected to internal switch. Always on board 100AH DC battery

rusty_nail
11th February 2013, 10:14 PM
so i took some pics FYI. the only thing i think ill consider changing on it is the drawbar length. the sleeper top overhangs the front of the box, so it comes closer to the rear of the car, somthing a longer drawbar would fix no probs.

enjoy!

threedogs
11th February 2013, 10:29 PM
Noticed the frame is angle not rhs, was Just thinking then what about a flip top lid on top your frame.
You'll hate pulling your strides on lying down. right pain in the rrrrrs
Very light duty trailer for what you are going tt do, Mine used to carry bobcat so strong frame and floor

rusty_nail
11th February 2013, 10:39 PM
Noticed the frame is angle not rhs, was Just thinking then what about a flip top lid on top your frame.
You'll hate pulling your strides on lying down. right pain in the rrrrrs
Very light duty trailer for what you are going tt do, Mine used to carry bobcat so strong frame and floor

nah mate, if you mean a flip top like the roof top campers, im trying to avoid canvas so i wint be going down that road.

the dimensions of the sleeping cavity are:
l: 2050
w: 1200
h: 900

and im sure the trailer will be right for the amount of weight ill be adding too it. it roughly a 2 cubic meter water tank on it and water pump with motor. the way i see it if it can handle that sort of weight(i work out to roughly 2t) it can handle the 500 kg's max that will be loaded into it.

rusty_nail
11th February 2013, 10:58 PM
One thing, I probably will end up reinforcing the side walls if they look lacking, you are right TD the sides are angle but it's very thick folded steel, would 2.6mm thick sound right?

Tappin

rusty_nail
25th February 2013, 09:26 PM
ok just a little update, the frame is finished, shes rock solid, now to buy some steel to sheet the outside of the frame.

fyi, the bloke with the white shirt on is 6'3" and he fits in, and we both fit in shoulder to shoulder

rusty_nail
16th March 2013, 07:29 PM
Added Te first second and third panel today. Forgot to take a pic after the first one went on tho:27030

Tappin

threedogs
16th March 2013, 07:34 PM
Looking good buddy need an overhead compartment for radio etc.
I covered mine in colour bond sheet then trimmed it
with 25mm x 25mm Aluminium angle, Smeared a touch of silicon on before
riveting on.

Didnt need to line roof as solar panel covered most of roof
but sides I use 20mm polystyrene sheet

rusty_nail
16th March 2013, 11:09 PM
Looking good buddy need an overhead compartment for radio etc.
I covered mine in colour bond sheet then trimmed it
with 25mm x 25mm Aluminium angle, Smeared a touch of silicon on before
riveting on.

Didnt need to line roof as solar panel covered most of roof
but sides I use 20mm polystyrene sheet

Hey mate, thanks for the feedback. Yeah so you may just be able to see the shape of a shelf on the left of the pic. I haven't decided whether to enclose the shelf or make it open, probably better for making stuff not fall down.

I'm using the same stuff, colourbond sheet, with blind rivets every 100mm. And ally 25x25 angle with a nice bead of silicone.

I plan on insulating the walls, I was thinking with polystyrene or something like that, any ideas on something better?

Tappin

rusty_nail
19th March 2013, 10:46 PM
So it's progressed more out about 7 hours in tonight it's looking better and better:

Tappin

rusty_nail
20th March 2013, 11:00 PM
Nother 7 hours and this is what I've accomplished =)

Tappin

GUtsy ute
20th March 2013, 11:09 PM
That's a great looking set up Rusty, looking forward to seeing it on the trailer.

rusty_nail
20th March 2013, 11:42 PM
Thanks mate, So am I. I can't wait to get it all trimmed up inside and finished! Still gotta put a handle on the door, some sort of latch/locking system, I was thinking just a simple barrel style latch, gotta wire up inside with some lighting, was thinking LED strip lights and a couple of 12v ciggie plugs. Probably another few days, it will be done, I was hoping by the end of weekend and it'll b finished.

Tappin

GUtsy ute
20th March 2013, 11:46 PM
Trying it out at Easter?

rusty_nail
21st March 2013, 12:00 AM
Maybe, was gonna do the winery thing that weekend. Was probably gonna use it the week after. Just wont have any time to work on it that weekend.

Tappin

BigRAWesty
21st March 2013, 05:54 AM
Don't forget the usb power outputs for charging phones, GPS etc..

Looking tops though. I'm with td, polystyrene for insulation. See if you can find a supplier to cut it to size for you.

What's the inside going to be lined with?

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

rusty_nail
21st March 2013, 07:48 AM
Don't forget the usb power outputs for charging phones, GPS etc..

Looking tops though. I'm with td, polystyrene for insulation. See if you can find a supplier to cut it to size for you.

What's the inside going to be lined with?

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Thanks I forgot about them, I reckon I'll need about halfer dozen of those bloody things.

Polystyrene will be the way to go, I think I might be able to get it at a craft shop of Clark rubber.

I'm just gonna get the stuff they put on caravan walls, thin pre-finished on one side. I think camec or a camping store might be the go there.

Tappin

threedogs
21st March 2013, 08:13 AM
There is some 10mm stuff you see on new house frames, maybe a member will know the correct name.
it's about 10mm and silver foil one side and blue on the other, cheap as chips, don't go to clarkes, cost
a fortune IMO. Looking great BTW

BigRAWesty
21st March 2013, 08:58 AM
X2 with td about Clarke rubber... Rip offs .

Are you thinking of the foam core board td?

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

rusty_nail
21st March 2013, 01:13 PM
Cool it would be great to know a better alternative

Tappin

BigRAWesty
21st March 2013, 02:14 PM
I do know you can get sheets of colour bond with foam sandwiched between them. Around 5mm thick.

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

threedogs
21st March 2013, 02:49 PM
I just used those "T" handles with key lock in the centre, never ever used them , but it was lockable.
You may find the fancy flush ones use a bit of room. but you know KIS. Get some gas struts as well .
Now you need a sky light or clear windows with fly wire sliding

rusty_nail
21st March 2013, 07:49 PM
Yeah it's all something to think about, but really good ideas, thanks guys. Did a bit more work this arvey, it's not fixed down, but I have all Te attachments. What do u think?

Tappin

threedogs
21st March 2013, 09:45 PM
You didnt "ROAD TEST" it this arvo did you , you sly bugger Lol
BTW both look great
Now an 80 watt solar panel will just about cover your roof aka tropical style
keeps heat right down. Are you fitting a battery box and water storage behind wheels
on the outside??????

BigRAWesty
22nd March 2013, 02:24 AM
Very nice... Ow, trailer.. right..;)

Looks good. Ill try find that sheet stuff

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

rusty_nail
22nd March 2013, 08:56 AM
You didnt "ROAD TEST" it this arvo did you , you sly bugger Lol
BTW both look great
Now an 80 watt solar panel will just about cover your roof aka tropical style
keeps heat right down. Are you fitting a battery box and water storage behind wheels
on the outside??????

hahah no "Road test" yet =P, the floor isnt in yet, unfortunately it and the foam mattress will be the the last thing to go in but then ill be giving the frame a good stress test with the missus haha.

thats a great idea about the solar panel, I was considering putting a basket ontop with a spare wheel in it but after seeing the height i dont think i want to increase it any more. A solar panel sounds like a great way to give it some more protection from the sun.

i plan on putting a battery box under the overhang at the front with the leftover steel box and colorbond. its all coming along nicely, its nice to feel encouragment from everyone too thanks guys

Very nice... Ow, trailer.. right..;)

Looks good. Ill try find that sheet stuff

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

hey mate, sorry call me stupid but whats OW? would be good to find out an alternative to polystyrene from clarkies, they are very expensive!

rusty_nail
22nd March 2013, 08:57 AM
oh and just noticed ive joined the 4 figure club haha 1000 posts baby!

threedogs
22nd March 2013, 09:37 AM
SuperCheap do a flip up jockey wheel. Don't forget drain holes for battery box and breather holes.
Did you change rear tailgate to side opening or did you leave it flip down, I know bit late now,??

rusty_nail
22nd March 2013, 10:04 AM
SuperCheap do a flip up jockey wheel. Don't forget drain holes for battery box and breather holes.
Did you change rear tailgate to side opening or did you leave it flip down, I know bit late now,??

yeah will do mate with the battery.

i didnt change the tailgate, i worked out that if I swage some wire at either end the kitchen will go sit in perfectly. it i hinged it from the side, I would have to change the tap on the sink as it too tall standing up inside the trailer box.

rusty_nail
22nd March 2013, 10:25 PM
Few more pics. We got the hinge attached, put all the ally angle on, siliconed the crap outta it so hopefully it won't leak. Tried fitting a gas strut to the door but it was piss weak and broke. I had some better struts but no ball joints for em so tried them on the crappy ones and the joints bent lol. Oh and as a bonus, got the missus on the tools :) haha

Tappin

GUtsy ute
22nd March 2013, 11:54 PM
Sure is coming up a treat rusty,
well done on the whole job so far.

megatexture
23rd March 2013, 01:01 AM
Looking good mate , you can get some 4- 10 mm floor underlays for under timber floors or floating floors that may be suitable for insulation you can even get it at buntings in like a 15 m roll. But it's coming along nicely

rusty_nail
16th April 2013, 10:32 PM
Hi guys, started the interior after getting more money. Here is the progress so far. I ended up getting a roll of 90mm thick insulation and splitting it in half. It worked a treat as sound deadener, not sure about heat, but def sound. Also got electric loom in. Here are some pics:

Tappin

rusty_nail
17th April 2013, 12:01 PM
I obtained some gas struts, here's a video of then in action:
http://youtu.be/UsDS1VCJ-qk

Tappin

MC97GQ
17th April 2013, 12:29 PM
Looking good Rusty,

Can't wait to see the finished product.

Mark

threedogs
17th April 2013, 01:05 PM
Turning into a Taj Mahal of trailers. Looking good

Bloodyaussie
19th April 2013, 08:05 AM
Coming along there Nick..... are you going with purple velour and a disco ball for the interior ???

threedogs
19th April 2013, 08:44 AM
Could use batts in there, dont have to source out polystyrene sheet.
No port holes?????

rusty_nail
19th April 2013, 09:18 AM
Coming along there Nick..... are you going with purple velour and a disco ball for the interior ???

i think ima go for the leopard print with dim lighting mate... its more my style hahahahaha

Could use batts in there, dont have to source out polystyrene sheet.
No port holes?????

yeah mate there is 90mm batts inside the wall cavity, they make a big difference to noise, and havent had it in heat yet but ill find out soon if its too hot. if it ends up too hot i will put a window in the roof or a solar vent or somthingl ike that.

threedogs
19th April 2013, 09:37 AM
They say you cant hear someone screaming in space, lol
No surprises hey say 9 months down the track, I did ok in Maths. lol again

rusty_nail
20th April 2013, 07:18 PM
Here we go, I'd say I'm 90% done. Gotta do the rest of the edges buy a mattress and paint the interior. What's does everyone think?

Reading light

Cabin light

Shelf light

Tv!!!

Aldi annex

Aldi Annex

Tappin

NissanGQ4.2
20th April 2013, 07:36 PM
Looking good mate

Bloodyaussie
20th April 2013, 09:22 PM
Your starting to give me ideas Nick????????

rusty_nail
20th April 2013, 10:17 PM

Oh yeah? For ur truck? Or the same thing? It's turned out better than I thought it would. And I reckon it's gonna be heaps comfy to travel in, I tell ya what it tracks nicely along behind the truck. And I barely notice it on the back, doesn't have too much weight hey!!!

Tappin

rusty_nail
20th April 2013, 10:18 PM

Better not be ideas bout my gal tho hahahahaha

Tappin

Bloodyaussie
21st April 2013, 09:24 AM
Nah mate I may be a gardener but I dont cut a blokes grass...he he!!!!!!!

As I mentioned I have 2 trailers and you have given me ideas.. I see Andy all comfy in his camper trailer and I want for myself!!

It would make a good project and make going away much easier on the body...

I think I will look into starting soon???

BigRAWesty
21st April 2013, 09:36 AM
Bloody top job there rusty. That annex is a sweet thing to..
The only thing I would have done different was reverse you build. Do frame, then interior, wire it, insulate and then outer skin..
Would make running wires and pipes a lot easier.

but all in all I want one to BA..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

rusty_nail
21st April 2013, 11:39 AM
Bloody top job there rusty. That annex is a sweet thing to..
The only thing I would have done different was reverse you build. Do frame, then interior, wire it, insulate and then outer skin..
Would make running wires and pipes a lot easier.

but all in all I want one to BA..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

I thought the same mate, but I was talked out of doing it by the old man, he suggested I build the outside first then check for leaks that way I would be able to find and fix a leak rather than not be able to as inside went on first.

Tappin

BigRAWesty
21st April 2013, 12:11 PM
Yea fair call. Also don't forget to grease those leaf springs.. don't wanna keep the others up all night..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

NP99
21st April 2013, 05:56 PM
There is some 10mm stuff you see on new house frames, maybe a member will know the correct name.
it's about 10mm and silver foil one side and blue on the other, cheap as chips, don't go to clarkes, cost
a fortune IMO. Looking great BTW

Sarking mate????

NP99
21st April 2013, 05:58 PM
hahah no "Road test" yet =P, the floor isnt in yet, unfortunately it and the foam mattress will be the the last thing to go in but then ill be giving the frame a good stress test with the missus haha.

thats a great idea about the solar panel, I was considering putting a basket ontop with a spare wheel in it but after seeing the height i dont think i want to increase it any more. A solar panel sounds like a great way to give it some more protection from the sun.

i plan on putting a battery box under the overhang at the front with the leftover steel box and colorbond. its all coming along nicely, its nice to feel encouragment from everyone too thanks guys

hey mate, sorry call me stupid but whats OW? would be good to find out an alternative to polystyrene from clarkies, they are very expensive!

I think Westy was saying oh :)

Maxhead
21st April 2013, 06:22 PM
Top job Nic, looking the goods...whens the test drive?

rusty_nail
21st April 2013, 07:14 PM
Top job Nic, looking the goods...whens the test drive?

The missus has already teed up the where part(orange to visit a friend) but I think this snow season it might see a few miles to the snowfields!

Tappin

Bloodyaussie
21st April 2013, 07:23 PM
The missus has already teed up the where part(orange to visit a friend) but I think this snow season it might see a few miles to the snowfields!

Tappin

I think you should consider dragging your sorry butt down here again for the Spring meet up in the high country mate!!!!

rusty_nail
21st April 2013, 07:24 PM
It's along time away, and I'm sure I can arrange to be down there!!!

Tappin

NP99
22nd April 2013, 06:55 AM
Looks good mate. Enjoy your hard work!

Bloodyaussie
22nd April 2013, 08:01 AM
It's along time away, and I'm sure I can arrange to be down there!!!

Tappin

Its a long time away because you are a young fellow.... for us older blokes it comes round oh too quickly!!!!!

rusty_nail
22nd April 2013, 09:00 AM
Its a long time away because you are a young fellow.... for us older blokes it comes round oh too quickly!!!!!

I forgot how old you were johnno! Haha don't forget your only as old as the woman your feeling! And yes I'll be planning it in we'll in advance, I don't wanna miss out this time!

Tappin

GUtsy ute
22nd April 2013, 07:59 PM
Hi rusty and wife,
Congrats on a great looking camper.

You've certainly done a top job on the build.
Looking forward to the trip report and pics of the first outing!!

Cheers Gavin.

rusty_nail
28th May 2013, 11:19 AM
so as you may have seen in another thread, i took the trailer away for the weekend, its finished to a useable state, though there are STILL some things i want to get done on it like paint interior, and cap the few edges i just havent been bothered to do.

the trailer was soooo comfy, we slept very well, and were very warm even though the temps outside was -1. i really noticed a difference in inside and outside temp when i got up at 3am to take a leak, there was a significant difference between inside and outside temp. we even slept in till 9, it was pitch black inside so had no clue on the body clock what time it was when i woke. one prob i i did encounter which will be unavoidable was we had quite abit of condensation inside the door from the inside being so much warmer than the outside. i might put a thin layer of polystyrene on the door or somthing.

the missus went to bed early and watch 3x40 min TV Episodes, then i got in and watched another 40 minute ep and then put a movie on and fell asleep, all up i think the TV had about 5 hours of play time through the night, and there was still power the next day and day after to use TV, so the dual batteries work well.

setup and pack down was a pleasure, from pull up to sit down it took 20 minutes, including kitchen, annex, camp chairs, cracking 2 beers, gas bottles and lantern, and gettign the fire started, and no stress from arguments of who was peggin the wrong way and so on.

everything in the trailer seemed to be in pretty secure despite going down some very bumpy road, nothing moved much even the TV Remote stayed on the shelf lol.

all up i was stoked with how well the whole affair turned out.

heres a few pics of the near finished product:

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/WombeyanCaves023_zps30f650e1.jpg (http://s1071.photobucket.com/user/Nic_Purdon/media/WombeyanCaves023_zps30f650e1.jpg.html)

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/WombeyanCaves024_zps0d9d45b9.jpg (http://s1071.photobucket.com/user/Nic_Purdon/media/WombeyanCaves024_zps0d9d45b9.jpg.html)

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/WombeyanCaves025_zps636e8888.jpg (http://s1071.photobucket.com/user/Nic_Purdon/media/WombeyanCaves025_zps636e8888.jpg.html)

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/WombeyanCaves026_zps26d02db7.jpg (http://s1071.photobucket.com/user/Nic_Purdon/media/WombeyanCaves026_zps26d02db7.jpg.html)

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/WombeyanCaves028_zps207b655f.jpg (http://s1071.photobucket.com/user/Nic_Purdon/media/WombeyanCaves028_zps207b655f.jpg.html)

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/WombeyanCaves029_zps4536b8ed.jpg (http://s1071.photobucket.com/user/Nic_Purdon/media/WombeyanCaves029_zps4536b8ed.jpg.html)

threedogs
28th May 2013, 11:28 AM
Rusty whack a whirly bird or a reverse scoop on the roof from a trailer supplier.
Way too much action in condensation forming. lol
Looks great BTW

@ Rusty did you make or buy that awning arrangement???

BigRAWesty
28th May 2013, 03:05 PM
Maybe a small down facing wall vent to assist is condensation.. or you could just sleep.. :p

Either way you look at it you will be introducing a draft to vent the moisture so an extra blanket may be needed..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

rusty_nail
28th May 2013, 03:12 PM
@ Rusty did you make or buy that awning arrangement???

hey mate, i got the awning from aldi, it just fits perfect by chance, but it just slides into sail track. it cost me 60 bucks from memory and folds up into a tent bag. theres 3 tent type poles that run length ways along it hence the arch and 2 poles that run along the width and then 3 pegs to peg it to the ground. it also came with rope and extra pegs incase it gets windy i suppose.

threedogs
28th May 2013, 04:30 PM
Great Gizmo, Will keep an eye out for them, how long ago now ???
Any type of vent will do I used those shark gill style on my one.
But there is a great roof top one, similar to say an xa bonnet scoop.
Easy to find On ebay I'd say

rusty_nail
19th August 2013, 10:02 AM
mods, can you please move my (this) thread http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?88-Caravan-and-Campers here if you think its appropriate?

rusty_nail
28th November 2014, 12:53 PM
been ages since i posted in this thread but seeing as i dont think the patrol will be ready for the Australia day meetup i dualis proofed the trailer yesterday, pretty happy with the results too, drops it significantly. all i had to do was flip the axles. looks pretty underwhelming now, rather than the 31's

cgm
30th November 2014, 09:49 PM
Just read the whole thread through for the first time. Nice one, some good ideas in there and looks like a quality build. I also like the idea of ditching the canvas.

rusty_nail
1st December 2014, 07:51 AM
Just read the whole thread through for the first time. Nice one, some good ideas in there and looks like a quality build. I also like the idea of ditching the canvas.

We've used it's about half a dozen times now in the last 2 years and honestly worth is weight in gold. So much easier than loadng the car up every time we want to go away. Its loaded up with most of the essentials and we can decide to go camping and leave in less than half an hour and have every thing other than food already there. The other thing is it really opened up the missus to going bush for more than a day or two. We have camped comfortably for over a week with this trailer

Bloodyaussie
16th July 2015, 06:58 PM
Bump for reference....

rusty_nail
31st July 2015, 11:24 AM
you making one jonathon?

blocko05
2nd August 2015, 06:30 PM
what a great job mate. Well done, top effort.

Bloodyaussie
2nd August 2015, 08:43 PM
you making one jonathon?

Yes but i am building from scratch so should be a good learning curve and fun.

mudski
3rd August 2015, 07:07 PM
I always thought if i were to build one up i would make a frame on top of the trailer and fit a roof top tent to it. Then i saw someone with this exact thing in the latest 4x4 action mag. Good setup.

rusty_nail
3rd August 2015, 07:55 PM
I always thought if i were to build one up i would make a frame on top of the trailer and fit a roof top tent to it. Then i saw someone with this exact thing in the latest 4x4 action mag. Good setup.
Get farked!!! They stole it of me! That design is 3/4 years old

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk