PDA

View Full Version : Bunyip Play Day feb 2013 With Pics And Track Conditions

WYLD333
10th February 2013, 01:12 PM
Hey guys have just spent the weekend out at bunyip and surrounding areas with a few mates and my camper.
Thought id post up some pics and the general conditions of the tracks around the area.

The tracks we done were,
Quartz track: Very easy not a challenge at all really booring track easy drive

Tea Tree track: Also another really easy drive due to it just being graded, ok track and a good one to start on in the area.

Western to Gentle annie track: starting to get a little more challenging here but still rated as easy, good views and hill climbs and great fun playing on the rocks.

Robertsons and Rocky track: This is where the day started to get fun, both great tracks with very rocky steep sections bit overgrown at stages but all good rated these as medium and well worth doing

Andersons and Little bunyip tracks: These have to be my fav tracks of the whole weekend and maybe the best ive done yet, great accents and decents, challenging sections and i could imagine in the wet would be awesome and cant wait to hit here after a little rain!!! Rated these trackes as a medium to difficult and enjoyed every second of it.
All in all a great weekend, didnt think bunyip was as good as that and cant wait to head out again for another trip.

Drewboyaus
10th February 2013, 04:35 PM
Nice pics mate. Looks like a fun day.
I was thinking about a day trip up that way some time in the next couple of weeks......

Tap this.........

WYLD333
10th February 2013, 04:48 PM
If your gona head up in a few weeks throw us a line mate n ill head up for another drive.

healy
10th February 2013, 07:45 PM
Looks like a good day I see you liked the better tracks out there hopefully ill get out there again soon

WYLD333
10th February 2013, 07:50 PM
Yeah the better tracks are the way to go for sure, i would of gone down to have a look at the tracks around the powerlines but i ran out of time.
From what i have heard about the powerlines its prob best i didnt make it dwn there lol

czorrr
4th March 2013, 06:38 AM
hey, when you planning to head there next? i just got my rig. gq 35" 2 inch lift.

Drewboyaus
4th March 2013, 08:46 PM
Keep your eyes on the VIC meet up section.....there's nearly always a crew heading out once a month or thereabouts.....

Flo-w
9th March 2013, 10:43 PM
Should have read this before heading out last weekend. I only got some boring tracks before I ran out of time.

I've been there once beginning of winter and it was very muddy and slippery (Gentle Annie and Blue Range) aka good fun. I saw some big trucks (35s) coming out of Anderson Track, totally covered in mud. I gave it a miss with my 32s. ;)

WYLD333
11th March 2013, 09:38 PM
Ill be heading out that way again just after the easter break so let me know if you keen, will post up to see who else is interested, it will either be there or walhalla, killing to get out that area again just dnt know how it will be after the fires

hey, when you planning to head there next? i just got my rig. gq 35" 2 inch lift.

Flo-w
11th March 2013, 11:31 PM
Yeah I'm always keen. Lets just see how the fires turn out.

WYLD333
12th March 2013, 05:11 PM
Ill prob b going 2 cheak it out sat if I get a chance, hard 2 find time when u moving house, but I really wana test out my new lift