PDA

View Full Version : Camp Oven Lid Lifter

threedogs
6th February 2013, 03:23 PM
Hi all heres a variation for a CAMP OVEN LID LIFTER, 2 styles, easy to make, You may want a smaller version, but my big camp oven is 32kg, Feel free to copy, sell,. whatever. Some here don't like coals in with there roast.lol I've only used scap lying around. I'll put some better pics later, you may want to have the circle on a pivot, draw away...............TD

MEGOMONSTER
6th February 2013, 04:33 PM
I think I like the first one better than the second one I seen.
Good part about it, you can tip off the coals off the lid using this lifter for those who like C.O.T.
Nice one 3D

crouchy1989
4th March 2013, 09:39 PM
great design mate very impressed

04OFF
4th March 2013, 10:44 PM
Thats quite brilliant mate !

megatexture
5th March 2013, 12:43 AM
Nice one mate I think ill be getting the welder out, they look great what version do you prefer and why. I'm leaning towards the first as I like c.o.t of mine and you could pick up the oven handle with it also.

BigRAWesty
5th March 2013, 04:01 AM
Neat td. Very neat

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

threedogs
5th March 2013, 06:42 AM
Both very strong you can shake off coals with it, I'll make the circle one pivot so it stores flat.
very happy with out come so far,

BigRAWesty
5th March 2013, 06:57 AM
Both very strong you can shake off coals with it, I'll make the circle one pivot so it stores flat.
very happy with out come so far,

Do you sleep? You always seem to be up building...

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

threedogs
5th March 2013, 07:04 AM
Early riser Kallen, plus just been away so head spinning with ideas. you must know what I mean surely.

BigRAWesty
5th March 2013, 07:06 AM
Early riser Kallen, plus just been away so head spinning with ideas. you must know what I mean surely.

Bloody oath.. I come home with all these great ideas, jump on Google to find out there already out there... :(

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Dougie80
15th April 2013, 05:53 PM
well bugger me what a nifty idea its gone of the old welders chipping hammer and the taste of charcoal in ya food, great stuff

threedogs
15th April 2013, 06:14 PM
Whip out the welder Dougie, some here who will remain nameless don't like coals on the lid when cooking a roast
Right little princess to I might add lol. now you'll now what NCOT and COT mean.

Dougie80
15th April 2013, 06:23 PM
Cheers threedogs its true you do learn somthing new every day

threedogs
15th April 2013, 06:27 PM
it would be a sad day when that never happened, today I learnt that 2" sign poles will bend
if you hit them in the right place, thankfully no damage Lol

the ferret
15th April 2013, 06:58 PM
Hi all heres a variation for a CAMP OVEN LID LIFTER, 2 styles, easy to make, You may want a smaller version, but my big camp oven is 32kg, Feel free to copy, sell,. whatever. Some here don't like coals in with there roast.lol I've only used scap lying around. I'll put some better pics later, you may want to have the circle on a pivot, draw away...............TD

Crikey TD, you could pull a 10 00 20 off the rim with that, ya sure it's strong enough LOL.
Cheers, the ferret.

threedogs
15th April 2013, 07:00 PM
Thanks Rod welcome back good to see you woke from the coma, Only just put out a Ferret alert last week

MEGOMONSTER
15th April 2013, 07:09 PM
Crikey TD, ya sure it's strong enough LOL.
Cheers, the ferret.

Strong enough to hold the lid sideways so all the COT just slip off.
By the way people have been wondering if you flew the coop.
Or more appropriately, went down a rabbit hole and didn't come out.

the ferret
15th April 2013, 07:16 PM
Thanks Rod welcome back good to see you woke from the coma, Only just put out a Ferret alert last week

Yeah had a death in the close family mate, now the old Mum in law is a bit on the seeya side too, forums have not held my attention for a few weeks.
I'm still ere tho, keep'n an eye on yas.
You should all behave ya selves and catch the sods that steal patrols.
Take care out there, cheers, the ferret.