PDA

View Full Version : Glass house trip 17/2

King_ady1
4th February 2013, 11:20 PM
Hey guys looking at doing a run through glasshouse on Sunday the 17th of Feb. Haven't been to a meet up with any1 from this forum so forgive me if not properly organised. Or if any1 wants to help. is welcome lol.

So send me a pm or give a post if interested. Hopefully we get a few people along :)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Bigrig
4th February 2013, 11:56 PM
Might be up for it mate - I'll suss it out and let you know.

I'd Tap That!!

Ben-e-boy
5th February 2013, 10:11 AM
i could go if it was the weekend after. Were you out there just before new years I think i saw you on the caboolture side of big red skull dragging a leaf sprung gq ute through a bog hole after a sierra just fell through it?

nissannewby
5th February 2013, 10:18 AM
I also might be up for it.

King_ady1
5th February 2013, 11:00 AM
Awesome to hear. Nah I haven't been out to glassie in this for about 6 months. Haven't had a weekend off work for about 3 months and the troll was off the road before then.

Managed to get Sunday off, so I'm defiantly going out :)

89gqpatrol4x4
5th February 2013, 05:56 PM
I'm keen! just need to check it over with the BOSS

Robbomaz
5th February 2013, 07:30 PM
Dumb question: Glasshouse? Whatwherehow?

Ben-e-boy
5th February 2013, 08:10 PM

The glasshouse mountains mate in qld. There are a few vids on youtube

Benny

nickpeacock36
6th February 2013, 06:54 AM
Always interested in a trip to Glasshouse. Have to have some kind of GU presence

Squalo
6th February 2013, 09:25 AM

Not a dumb question, this is a world-wide forum so at least putting [QLD] in the title will help people understand the intent of the topic.

I'm a maybe for this day, all the rain over the Australia Day long weekend will have changed the tracks quite a bit so could be a fairly intense day of wheeling.

King_ady1
7th February 2013, 11:22 AM
Awesome. Ye sry bout the location. Forgot completely. Ye the more people the better.

Robbomaz
7th February 2013, 12:36 PM
Too far to drive for me :( ........this month at least!

flexgq
7th February 2013, 04:23 PM
I can probably make this. What time you guys thinking of starting? Can I suggest an early start like 7:30-8:00 at the lookout or where ever. Gotta be somewhere at 12:30 that day.
Greg

Squalo
7th February 2013, 05:14 PM
Ha, that's how you do it everytime Greg - but can you actually make it early this time? ;)

I'm a definite. King_ady1, what time were you thinking of getting going?

King_ady1
7th February 2013, 06:54 PM
Awesome to hear squalo, i was thinking of meeting about 7-8 somewhere. depending on when every 1 is available. (understanding some ppl might be traveling some distance). earlier is better in my opinion beat the heat, and allow plenty of recovery time if needed :P

flexgq
7th February 2013, 07:28 PM
Yes. Will be on time this time Squalo.

Ha, that's how you do it everytime Greg - but can you actually make it early this time? ;)

I'm a definite. King_ady1, what time were you thinking of getting going?

Dhuck
7th February 2013, 07:34 PM
I am gathering you guys know each other from some where else!

Squalo
8th February 2013, 01:32 PM
FlexGQ was on the last Glasshouse drive I was on :)

8am sounds good to me, and the Glasshouse Mtns lookout on Glasshouse-Woodford Rd is a good place to meet and air down. If required, you can get fuel and supplies at the Matilda/SPAR on Steve Irwin Way, just near where Barrs Rd crosses the railway tracks.

MudDonk
8th February 2013, 04:04 PM
bugger cant make it on 17th will be at work, can do next weekend 24th...

Ben-e-boy
8th February 2013, 04:25 PM

We'll go that weekend then???

I get back on th 19th

Squalo
8th February 2013, 05:15 PM
If we get any serious rain before Sunday I'm out - don't like ripping up the tracks.

I usually take heaps of drinking water plus snacks plus sandwiches. My 6yo son will be aboard.

Looking forward to it!

89gqpatrol4x4
8th February 2013, 06:47 PM
x2 will be coming unless any serious rain, have to travel two hours though so not too early if possible!

King_ady1
8th February 2013, 11:31 PM
x2 will be coming unless any serious rain, have to travel two hours though so not too early if possible!

Awesome. Is 8 too earlie gq?? I don't relay mind. I live in caboolture. But I dont like to leave it too late.

megatexture
9th February 2013, 12:08 AM
haha mate what’s work any way just pull a sicky, blow it off lmao familiar words lol

Squalo
9th February 2013, 08:11 AM
Awesome. Is 8 too earlie gq?? I don't relay mind. I live in caboolture. But I dont like to leave it too late.

Maybe 9am? I don't mind either but not too late a start.

Bit of sporadic rain here (north of Glasshouse), if it stays like this we should be ok for tomorrow.

Ben-e-boy
9th February 2013, 08:57 AM
Maybe 9am? I don't mind either but not too late a start.

Bit of sporadic rain here (north of Glasshouse), if it stays like this we should be ok for tomorrow.

You are a week early isnt it on the the 17th

Squalo
9th February 2013, 09:10 AM
Ha, yep :) Need more sleep...

Ben-e-boy
9th February 2013, 09:26 AM
Ha, yep :) Need more sleep...

lmao

http://siliconangle.com/blog/2011/08/15/att-t-mobile-lte-dreams-trampled-with-leaked-letter/homer-doh/

King_ady1
9th February 2013, 09:28 AM
Haha. I wish it was tomorrow. Means I wouldent have to work. Lol

89gqpatrol4x4
9th February 2013, 02:52 PM
8am is fine mate, if someone could pm me or post up a detailed meeting point as I've never been there before that would be great! Only other thing is I have standard suspension so hope this won't put you out. Have lockers and a winch though!

MEGOMONSTER
9th February 2013, 04:28 PM
I wanna come. But your in the wrong state. 1700km a bit far for a day trip.
Sorry but I do wanna be there, does that count.

Squalo
9th February 2013, 06:44 PM
8am is fine mate, if someone could pm me or post up a detailed meeting point as I've never been there before that would be great! Only other thing is I have standard suspension so hope this won't put you out. Have lockers and a winch though!

Completely stock Patrols can go most places at Glasshouse, there's chicken tracks for most of the serious stuff. Having said that, who knows how it's going to look after all the rain on the long weekend... but that's what makes the place magic :)

MudDonk
9th February 2013, 08:08 PM
We'll go that weekend then???

I get back on th 19th

sweet Benny sounds like a plan mate....ill be back sat arvo would have to b a sunday run...will have new dobinsons long travel shocks fitted...raring to go :)

MudDonk
9th February 2013, 08:09 PM
haha mate what’s work any way just pull a sicky, blow it off lmao familiar words lol

LMFAO if i didnt work 9 hours away bloke i would hahaha :D

King_ady1
9th February 2013, 09:18 PM
Awesome. Righto ill do up a map with a marker when I get home from work. Standard suspension should be fine for basicly everything. There always a way around out here anyway. Plus lockers should be fine.

King_ady1
10th February 2013, 12:38 PM

nissannewby
10th February 2013, 02:27 PM
sweet Benny sounds like a plan mate....ill be back sat arvo would have to b a sunday run...will have new dobinsons long travel shocks fitted...raring to go :)

I'll be here then too :).

MudDonk
10th February 2013, 04:13 PM

awesome matty another good day coming :)

King_ady1
10th February 2013, 07:18 PM

I might have to take the next Sunday off aswell then. Lol

Ben-e-boy
10th February 2013, 07:49 PM
I might have to take the next Sunday off aswell then. Lol

that would be a good idea, 3 gq utes... YEAH!!!!

2TROLLFAM
10th February 2013, 08:59 PM
BUGGA!!! We're making a long weekend of the weekend before and going to Double Island with a group of friends .... Leaving Friday morning 8th and coming back on the Monday

Sent from Sharen's iPhone using Tapatalk ....

King_ady1
11th February 2013, 10:29 AM
BUGGA!!! We're making a long weekend of the weekend before and going to Double Island with a group of friends .... Leaving Friday morning 8th and coming back on the Monday

..... It's already the 11th... Lol

King_ady1
11th February 2013, 10:31 AM
that would be a good idea, 3 gq utes... YEAH!!!!

Yeah. I might have to see what I can do :P might not make the boss too happy though :P but who cares :P

2TROLLFAM
11th February 2013, 04:00 PM
Ohhhh I'm such a tool !! LOL thinking march not February

King_ady1
11th February 2013, 04:42 PM
Ohhhh I'm such a tool !! LOL thinking march not February

haha that means you in then ?? lol

nissannewby
11th February 2013, 09:00 PM
awesome matty another good day coming :)

I mucked up :(. I finish shift on the monday morning so the next weekend I will have off will be in march. PM me your mobile mate I still have those wheels and tyres if your still interested.

King_ady1
13th February 2013, 04:21 PM
Righto guys. Just a quick confirmation that Sunday is still on at this stage. Meeting at 8am at the glass house mountain lookout. Will be leaving by 8:30 so don't be too late. Hopefully as many ppl can come as possible. Also looks like a nice sprinkle over then next few days should make things exciting. :)

flexgq
13th February 2013, 05:27 PM
In like flynn.

Greg

megatexture
13th February 2013, 05:37 PM
I went last weekend and it was surprisingly dry for the amount of rain we have been having so a bit of rain wouldn't go astray and rember when your there as:useless:

Ben-e-boy
13th February 2013, 06:56 PM
I went last weekend and it was surprisingly dry for the amount of rain we have been having so a bit of rain wouldn't go astray and rember when your there as:useless:

That comment is useless without pics lmao. What tracks did you do and was there any kind of damage??

Benny

Squalo
13th February 2013, 10:38 PM
I'm still on for Sunday :)

King_ady1
15th February 2013, 11:30 AM
Looking good guys. A light drizzle to smooth the surface. And make things fun :)

Ben-e-boy
15th February 2013, 07:49 PM
get heaps of pics lads

megatexture
15th February 2013, 08:19 PM
That comment is useless without pics lmao. What tracks did you do and was there any kind of damage??

Benny

Wouldn't want to hijack the thread with pics outside of this trip but we Started at raaen rd and went north on left power line all the way to peachester and did some exploring between the lines to the north as I've not spent much time up that way but there are a few good washouts and you can tell its been hammers with rain as alot of rocks are exposed on tracks that are usually like highways

robbo0001
15th February 2013, 09:26 PM
A. Putting my name (plus 2 kids) in for a run on Sunday..fingers crossed.
B. Glasshouse has drained pretty well. I am not hardcore, but have been up there for the last three weeks without destroying the tracks, and its good fun.
C. Use some punctuation,becos da abov post is shite.ItsNotHard......apparently,

megatexture
15th February 2013, 09:34 PM
I'm not on a computer and can't be bothered jumping between keyboards on my phone so you will have to make do...who knows I might even edit it for you later so you can put your tissues away

robbo0001
15th February 2013, 09:38 PM
AwesomethanksforthatMegatextuejustgladweareallonth esamewavelengthHopethespellingancontextisokNowIkno wwhatisrequiredonForumsIwillensueInolongerspell,us epunctuationorparagraphs.Iphonesrock.

megatexture
15th February 2013, 09:46 PM
Sounds good and sorry but I don't do IPhones they're crap but each to there own

robbo0001
15th February 2013, 10:03 PM
Holy shite.

Getting back to Glasshouse on Sunday, cyas at the lookout at 0800(?)...green GU, winch and 33"s with two kids.

The rain is still falling, but Glasshouse has drained pretty well so far.
Butmakesure you hangontoyourtissues,itmayget wet.

04OFF
15th February 2013, 10:50 PM
Hey guys, is this trip still on with the rain thats about ?

Murray , are you leading the way ? if you are you doing some easy tracks ,(and i know your idea of easy, is not that easy)

Ive got a Hilux from work and i might come say hello, i may need assitance as its gonna get stuck left right and centre, its IFS crap , but better than nothing i guess, thats if you guys dont mind pulling me through some stuff ?

King_ady1
16th February 2013, 12:08 AM

Murray , are you leading the way ? if you are you doing some easy tracks ,(and i know your idea of easy, is not that easy)

Ive got a Hilux from work and i might come say hello, i may need assitance as its gonna get stuck left right and centre, its IFS crap , but better than nothing i guess, thats if you guys dont mind pulling me through some stuff ?

Ye still on for me atleast buddy. Don't mind who leads. And don't mid pulling luxies eather :P

Squalo
16th February 2013, 04:30 PM

Hi Steve - Lee is probably going to come along and King seems to know his way around, so plenty of local track knowledge on hand :)

Easy-ish run for me too - I have my 'good' wheels/tyres on, mainly don't want to scratch up the faces on the good wheels. I'd throw the old battlecarred wheels on but just can't be bothered... I'll probably regret my laziness tomorrow :1087:

Ben-e-boy
16th February 2013, 04:36 PM
Hi Steve - Lee is probably going to come along and King seems to know his way around, so plenty of local track knowledge on hand :)

Easy-ish run for me too - I have my 'good' wheels/tyres on, mainly don't want to scratch up the faces on the good wheels. I'd throw the old battlecarred wheels on but just can't be bothered... I'll probably regret my laziness tomorrow :1087:

no regrets if its on film

Squalo
17th February 2013, 10:18 AM
No go for me today :( Hasn't stopped raining at my place, BOM radar says Glasshouse is getting it too and it doesn't look like it will ease up anytime soon.

robbo0001
17th February 2013, 02:05 PM
I just got back, left early cos kids had had enough.
Great drive, but of water about but nothing to bad, chicken tracks always help.
The guys were heading into the wettest part when I pulled out .
Should be some good pic and videos of the days efforts.

Lots of vehicles and bike out as well, good day for the kids.

Cheers

Ben-e-boy
17th February 2013, 07:02 PM
:thumbup::thumbup::useless::bigthumbup::bigthumbup ::bigthumbup::bigthumbup:

megatexture
17th February 2013, 08:01 PM
Looking forward to it, how many went in the end ? I'm sure 04off will put up a few cracker photos if the rain didn't deter him getting the camera gear out.

04OFF
18th February 2013, 08:50 AM
Yeh sorry mate ,as you know im pretty game, but my cam gear stayed in the case im afraid, the conditions just not suited to using it, wet/gritty hands , very slippy surfaces to walk on , lots of mud and water to fall into.

If id not been driving, id have made the effort to get pics as normal, but i honestly struggled to walk the tracks empty handed, let alone run back and forth with the camera.

Was a great day tho, thanks to everyone that went along, we all had a good laugh, plus we didnt do anything too hard , so the lux only needed one recovery !

:clapping:

Maxhead
18th February 2013, 08:58 AM
Sound like a fun day in the mud anyway. That's the main thing.

Hopefully someone got a snappy tho.

..........on the move

megatexture
18th February 2013, 09:13 AM
Yeh sorry mate ,as you know im pretty game, but my cam gear stayed in the case im afraid, the conditions just not suited to using it, wet/gritty hands , very slippy surfaces to walk on , lots of mud and water to fall into.

If id not been driving, id have made the effort to get pics as normal, but i honestly struggled to walk the tracks empty handed, let alone run back and forth with the camera.

Was a great day tho, thanks to everyone that went along, we all had a good laugh, plus we didnt do anything too hard , so the lux only needed one recovery !

Didn't think you were likely to get it out much:frown: shame but understandable.

Squalo
18th February 2013, 11:00 AM

Sorry I didn't make it but when you've had a couple of dozen muddy days out at Glasshouse you get a bit sick of cleaning it out of every corner of the truck... yeah yeah I know, soft :harhar:

robbo0001
19th February 2013, 09:41 AM
Anyone have any pics or vids of the trip? I have a few vids but struggling to get them off my phone, hopefully have it sorted at some stage.
Everyone make it home ok, no damage?

flexgq
19th February 2013, 10:18 AM
I got some mud in the beads of 2 of my tyres that's it. Now gotta clean em out.

Greg

04OFF
19th February 2013, 06:42 PM
I think everyone got home without any real damage Dave.

My son aparently has one video he took with his ipod, but he took it to school today and got it confiscated , so i cant see what it is until tomorrow.

Hey Dave , what was the brand of your rear bar again mate ?

robbo0001
19th February 2013, 09:31 PM
MCC mate, the same as the Powerful bar from what I saw when I was looking.

King_ady1
20th February 2013, 08:54 AM
Was a great day out. Didn't get a chance to take many pics my mate has a couple ill try and get off him. Also had my can on in the car most of the time. Haven't gone through to see what it got though. I'll sort it all out soon and get them posted for yas :)

King_ady1
20th February 2013, 11:12 AM
heres a few, not the greatest quality, but get the picture :P

King_ady1
20th February 2013, 11:14 AM
hopefully ive gotten a bit of good footage and get it uploaded within the next few days.

Ben-e-boy
20th February 2013, 11:56 AM
Nice mix of vehicles!

It looks like it would have been slipery.

When is your next weekend off? We'll have to get the GQ utes out

King_ady1
20th February 2013, 03:28 PM
Yeah it was great. Not sure on next weekend off. But might be able to do another Sunday early run. Start work at 3pm though. But always keen if I can fit it in.

Squalo
20th February 2013, 04:41 PM
I know where this is :)

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=25907&d=1361321013

This is me trying to get through that bit on Cooper STTs that were down to 4mm, and being a big girl trying to avoid the biggest mudhole...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpMpHEnVcCc

04OFF
20th February 2013, 04:52 PM
Im pretty sure you would know where just about "everything" is up there would't you Murray ?

King_ady1
20th February 2013, 06:12 PM
I know where this is :)

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=25907&d=1361321013

This is me trying to get through that bit on Cooper STTs that were down to 4mm, and being a big girl trying to avoid the biggest mudhole...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpMpHEnVcCc

Haha. I was on cooper stt's on less than 4mm, lol went through with ease. Lol

04OFF
20th February 2013, 07:01 PM
One vid at least.....:clapping:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yreRJTyxSY

megatexture
20th February 2013, 08:18 PM
That track has changes heaps every time I see it and the chicken track to the left will catch up soon also I think.
Looks like a great day cheers for the pics and vids.

flexgq
21st February 2013, 08:12 AM
^^^^ That's a cool vid of my truck ^^^^

Squalo
21st February 2013, 10:17 AM
Im pretty sure you would know where just about "everything" is up there would't you Murray ?

Steve the place is so big I am still finding new places to go! Lee is the walking roadmap of Glasshouse, though.

King_ady1
21st February 2013, 10:31 AM
Steve the place is so big I am still finding new places to go! Lee is the walking roadmap of Glasshouse, though.

Haha. It's soo true soo Mich out there. I know a lot. But I can just never remember what stuff a 4x4 can get through. Been motorbike riding the place atleast once every 3 weeks for the last 5 years. Lol

Ben-e-boy
21st February 2013, 10:47 AM
^^^^ That's a cool vid of my truck ^^^^

thats a nice rig:bigthumbup:

King_ady1
21st February 2013, 10:51 AM
Bloody double posts.