PDA

View Full Version : Gq patrol lift

Newbiee
4th February 2013, 10:49 PM
Hey guys, I'm wanting to instal a 3" lift myself but have no clue what brand is better?

Got quoted on a few kits today from TJM, Tough Dog, and Old Man Emu. All come in around $1500-$1600 tough dog being the most expensive but the only one coming with extended brake lines.

Just searching on ebay now and come across a king springs lift kit for $800 bucks brand new all the gear ready to go, i no you get what you pay for but honestly i don't see why there is a $800 dollar difference? king springs i thought was a good brand all my mates have got them in there cars that are lowered and they seem good stiff but good.

Any information, experience would be appreciated!

Cheers

threedogs
4th February 2013, 10:59 PM
Try flexi coils, a few guys run them can have 4" flexi coil and looks like 2" keep boys in blue off your case
but flex like all get out. No idea on price, I'll be going that way when the time comes to re do my coils

93patrol
4th February 2013, 11:01 PM
I got a set of Koni springs and Blupac shocks off eBay 2in lift though for $545 delivered to the door more than high enough and easy to do yourself I did mine. Just remember to readjust your steering wheel afterwards

Just tap it in just tappy tappy tappy

Newbiee
4th February 2013, 11:09 PM
thanks guys ill look into those flexi coils. what add ons are also worth looking at once i lift it? e.g.. steering dampers, extended sway bar? do i really need to change all of these?

93patrol
4th February 2013, 11:11 PM
For 3 in yes you do otherwise your wheels will hang out the side of the car. Plus you won't be able to get a proper wheel alignment

Just tap it in just tappy tappy tappy

my third 256
5th February 2013, 03:11 AM
2 inch lift mate is enough then you dont need to change anything

Clunk
5th February 2013, 03:57 AM
You'll probably find a 2in lift will do you in most cases, a lot of us have fitted 33in tyres to give us that extra inch, which in turn lifts your diffs that extra inch and as said above, no further mods required.... Very rarely get hung up on my diffs now. It's all about taking the right line.
A 3in lift more mods will probably be needed such as castor correction, extended brake lines, adjustable drag link. Any higher than 3in and you'll be needing a fair bit more.

Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....

BigRAWesty
5th February 2013, 07:57 AM
I'm running 2" suspension, 1 on the body and I only ever get caught on the diffs... Once I got 33's :rolleyes: (one day) ill be set..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Newbiee
11th February 2013, 10:11 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys!

Ended up going a 3 inch dobinson shocks and springs, Hopfully ill have it all bolted in next week! Cant wait.

Cheers

Diesel-Mate
11th February 2013, 10:26 PM
Extended breaklines on eBay - $50
Extended diff breathers - free use some heater hose.
3" lift needs caster correction, go bolt in 4" drop boxes better than anything else and get the caster perfect - $380
Adjustable HD drag link - $220
That's it for a 3" lift.