PDA

View Full Version : GQ 1/2 Cargo Barrier

Ducer
3rd February 2013, 01:56 PM
Hi all,

Chasing a half cargo barrier for my GQ mav so that I can still fit draws under it.

Just missed out on one on eBay on fri night :( so still looking.

Happy to pay up good $$ for a good nick Milford or something like that.

Also prepared to travel 100ks (from CBD) if necessary... maybe more.

Anyhoos, maybe post here or PM me if you have one or know someone that does.

Cheers, Dave

Ducer
5th February 2013, 08:47 PM
Never mind, found one.

Can delete thread if you like. Cheers

MudRunnerTD
5th February 2013, 08:51 PM
Hi mate, where did you get one? And how much?

Also, this is a National Forum and you have you location as "anywhere but work"???
Keep in mind that 100kms from the CBD could be anywhere??? What State are you in??

BigRAWesty
5th February 2013, 09:18 PM
Just cut down a full size one..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

MudRunnerTD
5th February 2013, 09:26 PM
Yeah that's my plan Kallen. I have one here out of a brace van that is he right width and I will cut it down for the GUIV but interested in where the OP got his froma Nd what it cost cause they are rare and expensive!

Ducer
5th February 2013, 09:36 PM
Heya MudRunner,

Thanks for the reply & fair point re: location. Didn't think of that when writing the ad... :oops: apologies. I'm in NE Melbourne. Ill change it in a sec.

Ended up doing a ring around to the major milford stockists and was getting different prices from everyone.

Decided to then call Milford direct to see what their price is. They came back with an RRP of $470. Everyone seemed to mark up milfords price a fair bit.

Spoke to cando4x4 in lilydale who said they would do it for that price plus fitting of a couple of hundred. So I am taking it in on Friday for the fitting. Hopefully they honor the price and all goes well.

The other reasons I decided to go for a new one was for the warranty and the fact that the mounting kit is included. That way I don't have to scury around trying to find bits and pieces from an eBay sale, plus I know nothing has happened to the barrier in the past.

Even the eBay ones I have been looking at have gone for 300-350 without brackets and sight unseen. For an extra $100-150 on a new product, its wasn't worth the trouble buying 2nd hand IMO.

Cheers, Dave

MudRunnerTD
5th February 2013, 09:40 PM
Thanks Dave,

Yeah the price is insane!!

Thanks for the feedback bud.

Cheers MR

Ducer
5th February 2013, 09:43 PM
Looked cutting one down a while back and was even offered a cut sown unit but with kids eventually going into the back seat, I simply couldn't rely on it being safe. Maybe I'm wrong but I guess safer than sorry

Ducer
5th February 2013, 09:44 PM
Yeah the price is insane!!

Haha... No worries. I hope insane good

BigRAWesty
5th February 2013, 09:55 PM
Looked cutting one down a while back and was even offered a cut sown unit but with kids eventually going into the back seat, I simply couldn't rely on it being safe. Maybe I'm wrong but I guess safer than sorry

Yea if your not confident in the skills it is best to buy and be safe...
But dam $500... :eek:

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Ducer
9th February 2013, 08:57 AM
Quick update,

Got the 1/2 barrier fitted on Friday by cando in Lilydale. Honoured the price of $470 and was $180 to fit - $650 all up.

In all honesty, after watching parts of what he had to do to get it done, I am glad that I didn't do it. If I had bought second hand without brackets etc, I would have had a lot more of a tough time... and what a pain in the ass of a job. I think it would have cost me $650 in damages alone! :sterb032:

Cheers, Dave