PDA

View Full Version : Info needed on trans service

kiwijase
3rd February 2013, 10:36 AM
Hi guys.
Im looking at doing a filter/fluid change,but its been a long time since ive done one on a vehicle.
Could someone give me a run down on the procedure,ive looked in the manula but can only find fluid amount,of 8.5L.
ive got the fluid,filter and gasket but am not sure what to do (on a 4wd anyways and dont want to lunch my trans)
I know i pull the pan and drain,then replace filter,fit new gasket and then refit pan,but cant remember if I check fluid while running in drive or park,and should i drain the cooler in the radiator tooo?
Cheers
any help would be appreciated

NissanGQ4.2
3rd February 2013, 11:38 AM

Hope that helps

Cheers

Todd

kiwijase
3rd February 2013, 12:36 PM
cheers Todd,do i need to dump the fluid from the cooler in the radiator at all,if possible to do from home?
Thanks for your help man.

NissanGQ4.2
3rd February 2013, 01:48 PM
I can't give you a yes or no answer as I don't honestly know.

But considering that when you change to fluid you will still have some fluid in your Torque Converter anyway I don't see the point in draining the cooler.

That's unless of course your oil has water in it.

Cheers

Todd

june
7th February 2013, 04:09 PM
i have the 3 lt gu. just a week ago did a service on auto and on close inspection of old fluid you could see tiny dust like particles that look like brass. after i stopped crying i rang 2 auto transmission shops and was told by both that it is my auto cooler from radiator.breaking down. also was told to disconnect it. if i did not want to disconnect it to do a full transmission flush and service more frequent 10,000kms intervals with fully synthetic oil. apparently they were not concerned of contaminant