PDA

View Full Version : Seat help!

dogga1612
2nd February 2013, 04:11 PM
Hey guys.
Everywhere I look, people are saying that "prelude seats fit in easy" but nowhere does it give details or even a photo of how people mounted them in. Now, I have a few ideas that I could go with but I just want to see how other blokes did it. Any screw ups, advice, etc.
Thanks in advance.

dogga1612
2nd February 2013, 04:15 PM
Trying to fit them in a GQ*

Clunk
2nd February 2013, 04:23 PM
I don't recall anyone on here ever mentioning fitting prelude seats in a patrol. So finding info or help maybe a bit of an issue.

All the seat conversions on here seem to be about commonhore seats.

So have you got the prelude seats and from what model/year?

To tap, or not to tap: Well it's obviously tap because this is the signature hey!!!!!! Duh

dogga1612
2nd February 2013, 04:51 PM
Really? Ive seen a bunch of people on a few different pages saying that they have done the swap, but nobody gives any details.
Not sure what year mate. I have them.
The inner rail (closest to centre console) fits almost perfectly. The outer rail, not so much. I'm trying to figure a way of overcoming the height difference. The troll seats have the spacer plate, but that doesn't really cross over to the prelude sets that well.

MEGOMONSTER
2nd February 2013, 04:53 PM
You could just re-upholster your original seat, like I have through Alphaline in Melbourne. 2532725328

threedogs
2nd February 2013, 04:54 PM
Wouldn't you try to source buckets from a nissan first , Pulsar etc.
2ndly I wouldn't have side bolsters too high {rally style} as you'll
never get in or out, plus they are a litteral pain in the butt

@ MEGO does anyone sell pre sewn skins for patrol seats.
I've found them in the states for my B,I , L 's Corvette

@ Dogga I lifted my drivers seat 40mm makes a big difference over the bonnet
I have Strato 3000 with lumbar pump driver seat. Use small piece of cut rubber
to isolate or you'll feel every bump , trust me. 16 back Ops
puts me in the expert field for whats comfy and whats not

dogga1612
2nd February 2013, 05:00 PM
You could just re-upholster your original seat, like I have through Alphaline in Melbourne. 2532725328

Very nice mate! Wish I had the dollars for that.
I picked these seats up cheap as chips and loved them as soon as I sat my barge arse down in them. I figured that where there is a will, there is always a way. Shouldn't be too difficult with a bit of drilling and creative fabrication.

threedogs
2nd February 2013, 05:05 PM
Where you located ????

Clunk
2nd February 2013, 05:06 PM
Very nice mate! Wish I had the dollars for that.
I picked these seats up cheap as chips and loved them as soon as I sat my barge arse down in them. I figured that where there is a will, there is always a way. Shouldn't be too difficult with a bit of drilling and creative fabrication.

well when you've worked in out, dont forget to post pictorial instructions on here mate. I owned a 93 Prelude back in the UK and absolutely loved those seat...... comfortable as

dogga1612
2nd February 2013, 05:12 PM
well when you've worked in out, dont forget to post pictorial instructions on here mate. I owned a 93 Prelude back in the UK and absolutely loved those seat...... comfortable as

Definitely will mate. I'm taking photos left, right and centre with everything I so on this baby. Anything you do on a patrol has already been done before. The hardest part is finding people willing to share the wisdom.

dogga1612
2nd February 2013, 05:13 PM
Where you located ????

Located in the south eastern suburbs of Melbourne.

threedogs
2nd February 2013, 05:29 PM
If you need hand yell out full workshop here at home, welder .drills all the gear and plenty of steel

Clunk
2nd February 2013, 07:50 PM
come across an add on gumtree for 1993 prelude seats $100 each..... sooooooo tempted but I, just not handy with the tools

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/hocking/other-parts-accessories/honda-prelude-1993-car-parts/1012767406

dogga1612
3rd February 2013, 08:52 PM
come across an add on gumtree for 1993 prelude seats $100 each..... sooooooo tempted but I, just not handy with the tools

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/hocking/other-parts-accessories/honda-prelude-1993-car-parts/1012767406

They're unbelievably comfortable. I still haven't made any progress on it as I'm a bit of a lazy bugger. I really don't see it being too tough though mate. Might even consider just swapping the rails over entirely.