PDA

View Full Version : central locking fuse ????

patrol 98
30th November 2010, 07:32 PM
where is it ??? when i was up north over the weekend a indicator cable shorted out onto the car body and blew the indicator and central locking fuse.
i have found the indicator fuse but the problem is i cant find the central locking fuse.

i have a 1998 gu partol 4.5 L pertol/gas. can anyone help out ???

brad

Finly Owner
30th November 2010, 10:25 PM
I don't have that model, but does it have a fuse box under bonnet?

Tim

Bob
1st December 2010, 07:22 AM
I have just had a look at my 98 GU 4.5 and I have two Fuse Boxes near the Battery.Unfortunately the label has been damaged on one of the Boxes and I cannot tell if the Fuse for Central Locking is in the Box.
Have a look at yours or maybe check all Fuses within the Fuse Boxes

Finly Owner
1st December 2010, 10:16 PM
I have just had a look at my 98 GU 4.5 and I have two Fuse Boxes near the Battery.Unfortunately the label has been damaged on one of the Boxes and I cannot tell if the Fuse for Central Locking is in the Box.
Have a look at yours or maybe check all Fuses within the Fuse Boxes

Bob you should be able to access manual on here to get fuse box pics.

patrol 98
2nd December 2010, 12:53 AM
yes it has a fuse box under bonnet and the fuse isnt in there and it doesnt help that the fuse box under the steering wheel doesnt have the cover plate haha.

after some searching round the car and following the imobiliser cable i found a fuse hidden behind the fuse box but not acctually part of the fuse box. strange, i know but im just glad i found it, was getting pissed off with having to use the keys to open doors haha