PDA

View Full Version : LED interior lights

Timbo
24th May 2010, 07:03 PM
Hi all,

Here's a great little mod you can do.

Replace your interior lights with LED's! They draw FAR FAR less amps, last longer and are a much brighter white colour.

My iPhone is being a pain in the ass but i'll upload pics when i get to work.

I got them off a bloke in gippsland (vic) for $70 for all the roof lights. PM me and I can give you his details if interested. He mails interstate too.

Mark
24th May 2010, 09:28 PM
That's a great idea thanks. I'm always having issues with power and currently don't even use my interior light for fear of running the battery too low.

I always park on hills facing down so i can roll start..haha...Just need to fix it really!

I'll PM you now mate!

Timbo
25th May 2010, 01:43 PM
Here's those pics I promised. Not great quality but you get the idea. Much brighter than normal light bulbs.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/05/1.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/05/2.jpg

cheers

4.2 shorty
25th May 2010, 06:05 PM
Hey those LED's look pretty sweet. I'll have to free up some funds because the standard ones give me the sh!ts! When you drop something on the floor at night.. the lights aren't bright enough to show up anything.

Mark
25th May 2010, 07:55 PM
Full on, thats real bright!

How many amps do they draw???

Timbo
25th May 2010, 10:47 PM
Good question Mark!

From memory, I think the bloke said they only draw aroun 0.3amps or something.. which is p!ss all compared to a normal bulb which probably draws like 5-10 amps. If you leave your interior light on over night, it'll drain a car battery easy. Not sure with a 4wd battery as I've never done it.. but I would hazard a guess and say it'd be pretty hard to start. I reckon you could leave these LED's on for a night and be absolutely fine. Although, I'm too scared too try it out haha.

4.2 shorty
27th May 2010, 06:41 PM
Wow those are sweet as. Are they only for GU's or can you get them for GQ's aswell?

A mate of mine has a GQ and I know he'd love these as his bulbs are actually stuffed.

Timbo
27th May 2010, 09:11 PM
Hi mate,

The bloke can do them for both GU's and GQ's. I wouldn't be surprised if he can do them for all cars and 4wd. It'd just be a matter of him looking at the light assembly and taking some measurements.

But def makes them for GQ's and GU's.

Cheers

RustyNails
4th June 2010, 03:03 PM
Are those the ones from Jet-6 of the P4x4
Only the map lights work on my GU, both the cab and rear lights don't work so I need to check out why before buying the LEDS from Jet-6

Paul

Timbo
4th June 2010, 03:06 PM
Yeah that's where I got them from. They are brilliant lights.

Make sure your fuses aren't buggered for the interior lights. Not sure if map lights run off the same fuse or not though.. something I haven't checked.

gec
4th June 2010, 07:08 PM
You can also get them from here http://www.brightlightautoparts.com/LEDReplacementGlobes.html I got some from this mob and while not as bright as the ones from jet6 they are double the brightness of the standard globe, called the BL- UNILED at $16.25 they are also much cheaper

YNOT
25th June 2010, 10:34 PM
Another trick to get more light in the front, is to hook the map lights up to the interior light so they come on when you open a door. I haven't done it to mine yet, but I think you only need to run one extra wire.

Tony

Johnno
25th June 2010, 10:38 PM
Another trick to get more light in the front, is to hook the map lights up to the interior light so they come on when you open a door. I haven't done it to mine yet, but I think you only need to run one extra wire.

Tony

That's a good idea, I'm about to put these through my 4x4 soon so i'll run that extra wire too, cheers mate.

GQ4.2
26th June 2010, 05:20 PM
you can but LED globes off ebay cheap from china, I replaced all my indicator, brake & reverse bulbs with 52 LED bulbs, 100 times better than ordinary globes

Mark
26th June 2010, 06:17 PM
As much as I hate to admit it with the internet opening doors to Chinese suppliers some of them do make quality goods.

I import a lot of things and if you find the right suppliers of quality then your laughing.

my third 256
1st August 2010, 07:57 PM
jcar have them also be sure to put them in the right way as the wont work the other way round i found this out the hard way these are the bullet type callec festoon globes also found on ebay

Maxhead
2nd August 2010, 09:56 AM
As much as I hate to admit it with the internet opening doors to Chinese suppliers some of them do make quality goods.

I import a lot of things and if you find the right suppliers of quality then your laughing.

I agree, haven't had any issues with Chinese imports. I got the led interior lights around 12 months ago for about $26 for 3 and they are still going strong.

kablea
10th August 2010, 03:28 PM
Don't kno what kinda blubs the GU uses but Jaycar do a LED replacement for the standard(ish) bulbs

Jaycars site (http://www.jaycar.com.au/productResults.asp?CATID=24&SUBCATID=375&keyform=CAT&SUBMIT.x=29&SUBMIT.y=12)

I had them in my old Hilux. worked a treat.

*edit* there are 3 pages of globes there :)

dxbpatrol
22nd September 2010, 12:34 PM
Hey Kablea, i'm interested in replacing the standard lights in my GU with LEDs as well, did you get the off the Jaycar website?

Any other info that can help, please PM me guys.

-dxbpatrol

Dmitrijs_Riga
24th September 2010, 06:17 AM
Hi. Can i replace dashboard lights with LED lights in my GQ?

DX grunt
24th September 2010, 08:03 AM
Does he do them just for wagons? I'd like ute lights. lol

Timbo
27th September 2010, 01:12 PM
Does he do them just for wagons? I'd like ute lights. lol

As far as I know, he just does them for wagons, but he can do them for anything.. he just needs the interior light so he can cut the board to the shape so it fits.

Dark 1
27th September 2010, 05:27 PM
I got mine from ASL Lighting . I run a outback roof console with 9 led panels in the back & 6 led festoons in the map lights. [the panels are just to bright to be near your face]
I did the whole car for around $90. 2 x 9 led panels & 2 x 6 led festoons in the console & a 1 watt single in the rear passel area.

robsgq
28th September 2010, 11:02 PM
I have just replaced my interiour lights with the leds from jet 6 they are great would highly recommend
cheers Rob

marc b
25th October 2010, 04:05 PM
They look pritty good. My mate has them in his gq and they are hell bright. they are a good investment.

cyanobacteria
9th November 2010, 05:33 PM
I got them off a bloke in gippsland (vic) for $70 for all the roof lights. PM me and I can give you his details if interested. He mails interstate too.

Is this for bulb replacements or entire units?

rodrodk
4th December 2012, 11:16 AM
Hi mate,

The bloke can do them for both GU's and GQ's. I wouldn't be surprised if he can do them for all cars and 4wd. It'd just be a matter of him looking at the light assembly and taking some measurements.

But def makes them for GQ's and GU's.

Cheers

I am currently in the process of upgrading the interior lighting on my GU to LEDs, but am a bit disappointed with the brightness of the globes I just purchased. That's why I am very interested in these lights. I live in Adelaide, so how do I contact Jet-6 please?

mudski
4th December 2012, 09:47 PM
Join the forum he is on. But you don't need to contact him as everyone else now does them. bucket loads of Ebay stores do them...My centre and rear are ones from Supercheap, they were in there when I got the car. Not overly impressed with them and will endevour to find better ones down the line.

Clunk
7th October 2013, 12:38 PM
Wow those are sweet as. Are they only for GU's or can you get them for GQ's aswell?

A mate of mine has a GQ and I know he'd love these as his bulbs are actually stuffed.

Noice!!!!!!!! Bwahahahahahahahhaaha

Yendor
11th October 2013, 11:13 PM
Noice!!!!!!!! Bwahahahahahahahhaaha

That's random........even for you LOL

Clunk
11th October 2013, 11:24 PM
That's random........even for you LOL

Hahahaha mine was a MC fault quoting random posts, what's your excuse!!!!???? :D

Yendor
11th October 2013, 11:30 PM
Hahahaha mine was a MC fault quoting random posts, what's your excuse!!!!???? :D

MC fault.........that's a good one. You were on the moonshine again weren't you?? LOL

Clunk
11th October 2013, 11:33 PM
MC fault.........that's a good one. You were on the moonshine again weren't you?? LOL

Oh fark noooooo and definitely not in a school night!!!!!! Hahahaha

Yendor
11th October 2013, 11:38 PM
Oh fark noooooo and definitely not in a school night!!!!!! Hahahaha

The nuns will be cross with you :D

Clunk
11th October 2013, 11:48 PM
The nuns will be cross with you :D

It's not the nuns I need to worry about mate, I would suffer the wrath of a far greater power if i was to do that........... The almighty giver of day passes!!!!!! Lmfao

Yendor
11th October 2013, 11:59 PM
It's not the nuns I need to worry about mate, I would suffer the wrath of a far greater power if i was to do that........... The almighty giver of day passes!!!!!! Lmfao

OH yes......the one who must be obeyed!

You secret is safe with us LOL

Clunk
12th October 2013, 12:22 AM
OH yes......the one who must be obeyed!

You secret is safe with us LOL

Thanks bud, I knew I could count on your support!!!! Lol

Yendor
12th October 2013, 01:13 AM
Thanks bud, I knew I could count on your support!!!! Lol

No worries mate, we need to look after our non-tech savvy members. :D

You know, if you changed over to Apple you wouldn't have this problem with random posts. :D

Clunk
12th October 2013, 01:16 AM
No worries mate, we need to look after our non-tech savvy members. :D

You know, if you changed over to Apple you wouldn't have this problem with random posts. :D

pahhhhhhhhhhhh you know what you can do with that Apple now dont you and i dont mean eat it either!!!!!??????? hahahahaha

Yendor
12th October 2013, 01:29 AM
Embrace it clunk.........embrace it and grow LMAO

Clunk
12th October 2013, 01:33 AM
Embrace it clunk.........embrace it and grow LMAO

id rather stick my head in a bucket of used nappies!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahahaha

I've recently been given a replacement happens to be a crapple.............. I've suggested to them that they take it back and give me a fuel card instead!!!!!!! lol

happygu
12th October 2013, 08:43 AM
Hey Timbo,

Time for an update ......

Are the LED interior lights performing to your expectations, and are they still OK?

Just thought I'd ask, as I see quite a few of the 'Log Lasting' LED's not performing to expectations.....

Mic

bluengold
16th October 2013, 06:10 PM
the brightness is great im convinced cheers timbo