PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Gu Ti Electric Aerial

pauljud
30th November 2010, 05:27 PM
I am looking for an electric aerial replacement for my 2004 Gu Ti, Patrol. A new one costs $498
Is there a good after market replacement that can do the job without 2 many changes to be made?
Is it the same or similar dimensions physically to fit in the same place?
The one I currently have in the vehicle only extends the mast part the way up,(about one third of ext')
Does this mean that it may only need a mast replacement part?
I have been given a cost of $93 for the part to to replace just the mast, but i don't know what is
required to pull the old mast out and put the new one in.

Can anyone please enlighten me on this subject, thanks

Paulie

im2xtreem
30th November 2010, 05:47 PM
Mate,

There are ones on fleabay for around $120 that will fit and the same ones are available from Repco for around $140 (I think). If you want genuine, email Nizzbitz (member on this forum) for a better quote on Genuine parts. Top bloke, great prices and service. Good luck!

CHEERS
Shayne
(im2xtreem)

Red/Black GQ Patrol
30th November 2010, 05:50 PM
ON my mate's Patrol the electric aerial doesn't work I think it needs a new one how much does the genuine cost

pauljud
30th November 2010, 09:30 PM
Thanks Shayne, I'll give them a try, Paulie

R/B GQ Patrol, I got a genuine price from Main North Nissan in Adelaide for the aerial , $498.00, Paulie

patrol 98
2nd December 2010, 02:00 AM
i stupidly snapped my aerial when 4wding so i bought an aftermarket aerial.
its a ball mount with a spring and built in booster which i fitted onto my bullbar. i know its not electric but for $50 it does a great job.
last weekend i was 3 hours north of perth camping out in the bush and i was getting full reception on all radio stations and a suzuki i was out with wasnt picking up anythin, but it was a suzuki so maybe thats why. haha

patrol 98
2nd December 2010, 02:01 AM
also i bought it from supercheap auto :)