PDA

View Full Version : Simex Tubes

Benno7
31st January 2013, 08:44 PM
Hey guys Does anyone know where i can get simex tubes from Or anything similar?
Ive done a quick ring around to a few places and they all say they cant get them any more.

MudRunnerTD
31st January 2013, 08:53 PM
Nah that is old news mate they have been back on the market for a couple of years mate. Expensive but awesome.

What state are you in mate?

Benno7
31st January 2013, 09:01 PM
vic geelong

MudRunnerTD
31st January 2013, 10:53 PM
rally have them mate.

Rally are in a little turmoil from Christmas after closing their mercer st store but they have moved and split their business and are over fyans st I think. Give them a call mate.

Benno7
3rd February 2013, 12:14 PM
Yeah ive tried to get on to them and had no luck.

MudRunnerTD
3rd February 2013, 12:19 PM
Sorry? You have contacted them or not been able to get them on the phone?

Benno7
3rd February 2013, 12:31 PM
Their ph no. is disconnected and I have no clue where they have moved to.
I thought the moved to Bellerine st as they had signs up there for a while but now Geelong motor sports are there.

MudRunnerTD
3rd February 2013, 12:47 PM
No worries. Leave it with me mate I will get a contact for you.

Benno7
3rd February 2013, 01:15 PM
Thanks mate.

Bloodyaussie
3rd February 2013, 01:24 PM
Your a good bloke Darren.... After all that smack I was talking about after you went to bed now I feel bad!!!!!! He he!!

Benno7
8th February 2013, 11:13 AM
It looks like Rally Off road had disappeared. Ive been asking around and No one knows whats happened. They had signs up in Curtis st, Belmont and in Bellerine st, Sth geelong (behind All tools on fyans st) and now all their signs are gone. Hopefully the will reopen/resurface somewhere soon.

MudRunnerTD
8th February 2013, 12:21 PM
yea i asked around for you too mate, They split and the retail was going to setup again but that lasted a month and its gone.

Bugger!

I have made a call today to a bloke that can sort you out. He will get back to me and let me know if there is a Dealer in Geelong. He tells me that Simex have stopped making the tubes but the supplier has brought in an alternative tube which is nearly identical, the only negative feedback is that the valve sits a little scew in a 10" rim but in an 8" rim they are great. Same Rubber thickness though

He quoted $35 a tube supplied or $45 a Tube supplied and fitted.

I will post here when i have more detail for you mate.

Cheers Darren

MudRunnerTD
8th February 2013, 12:49 PM
OK Just got the call mate.

TJM in Geelong should be able to Order them in for you no problem at all.

Alternatively give my contact a call, i have encouraged him to post a Vendors thread here as he is an active Vendor on MudRhino.

G & S Tyres
Speak to Greg
03 5978 0721

Cheers MR

Benno7
8th February 2013, 02:57 PM
Thanks heaps mate

Jacket_1985
24th March 2013, 08:56 AM
tubes are rubbish.

i assume you are looking at tubes because you get grit in the beads? you wont get grit in the bead anyway if you run high pressures on a tubeless setup. but as soon as you let the pressure down enough to get traction (and mud in the bead), the tyre slips on the rim they tear the valves off if you have a tube. if you dont have a tube, the tyre can slip on the rim a bit and you wont loose pressure. you will get grit in the bead however, and you may end up with a leak, but if you have tubes and let your tyres down you will have a flat.

been there, done that. tried all sorts.
-much better off buying real beadlocks.

MudRunnerTD
24th March 2013, 10:04 AM
tubes are rubbish.

i assume you are looking at tubes because you get grit in the beads? you wont get grit in the bead anyway if you run high pressures on a tubeless setup. but as soon as you let the pressure down enough to get traction (and mud in the bead), the tyre slips on the rim they tear the valves off if you have a tube. if you dont have a tube, the tyre can slip on the rim a bit and you wont loose pressure. you will get grit in the bead however, and you may end up with a leak, but if you have tubes and let your tyres down you will have a flat.

been there, done that. tried all sorts.
-much better off buying real beadlocks.

Sure but everyone can't buy $3000 Walker Evans bead locks Jacket.

And your statements are a bit of a myth mate. I have been running 35 Pedes with Simex tubes for nearly 10'years. Airing down to 18psi everywhere and have NEVER POPPED A BEAD OR SLIPPED A TYRE. EVER.

This last season I was running my Pedes at 15 psi and ripped valves off every trip out and wrecked a number of tubes. Hell I had to unwrap a brand new Simex tube that I had had under the rear seat for 7 years!! Damn it!!

Running Simex tubes inside 35pedes at 18psi is a winner.

So if you have the cash to outlay for mechanical bead locks then tubes are not required and you can run your tyres at 4psi. Running tubes and your will Never Pop a bead because the air can't come out ;) running below 18psi and playing hard I have found you get a little tyre slip.

Internal Bead locks like "second airs" are junk and you can still get a flat, still pop a bead and they can make it really hard to air down and air up. Unless you get them really cheap stick with tubes.

Jacket_1985
24th March 2013, 11:59 PM
Sure but everyone can't buy $3000 Walker Evans bead locks Jacket.

And your statements are a bit of a myth mate. I have been running 35 Pedes with Simex tubes for nearly 10'years. Airing down to 18psi everywhere and have NEVER POPPED A BEAD OR SLIPPED A TYRE. EVER.

This last season I was running my Pedes at 15 psi and ripped valves off every trip out and wrecked a number of tubes.

fair call. but let me say this. . . . . you will be gobsmacked how much better pede's are at 10psi than 18. at 18psi pede's barely deform, even on a fat patrol.
Give it a go, i bet you dont go back.

buy 2nd hand steel beadlocks?, should cost under 300ea new, so 2nd handies should be available cheap.

and if youre on a $20 budget, i suggest sikaflex instead of tubes. it works.