PDA

View Full Version : Would you build on top of a cemetry???

MickyD
23rd June 2010, 06:30 PM
I just got an email from my cousin who lives in the USA.

They sold their house and just bought 5 hectares of land which was a massive cemetry over 200 years old that has now been flattened and are about to build their first home.

Would love to know.....Would you guys live on top of a cemetry that had over 200 graves????

I'm not sure I would but thats just me....I'm a whoose...haha

CrazyDave
23rd June 2010, 08:17 PM
I probably would if the property was a steal.

I'm sure my misses would not be as keen...haha

Mark
23rd June 2010, 08:46 PM
Yeah if the price was right I could deal with a couple of ghost's running around the house no sweat...lol

patch697
23rd June 2010, 09:01 PM
NOT ME... Im with you MickyD whose bag all the way...lol....... Spooks Spiders & Snakes??? remind me never to date or marry a woman who's name starts with S wont you.............lol

Danny
23rd June 2010, 09:03 PM
Nah I'm the same, having an older brother who forced me to watch horror movies when I was 5 years old has somewhat scarred my warped head with spooky sh*it...haha

Pootrol
24th June 2010, 01:15 AM
I'd do it, it would be great. Prime real estate and quiet neighbours.

patch697
24th June 2010, 01:36 AM

Lol. Good onya mate just dont get upset when no one comes to visit

Maxhead
24th June 2010, 07:26 AM
Could be sitting on a goldmine. Dig a few holes and you never know what you find......gold rings, gold teeth

patch697
24th June 2010, 07:35 AM
Could be sitting on a goldmine. Dig a few holes and you never know what you find......gold rings, gold teeth

lol..... I guess thats one way of financing your next 4WD project.

IP-GQ
24th June 2010, 08:47 AM

haha.....Quiet neighbours alright........DEAD QUIET!!!

MrsMav
26th June 2010, 10:57 AM
for sure i would, geez they aren't gonna hurt ya. i use to live next door to a funeral home when i was in the funeral industry as an embalmer so living on top or building on top of old graves would not faze me one little bit. would be quite cool i reckon.. but this is coming from someone that also has a coffin as part of their household stuff... lol...

DX grunt
26th June 2010, 12:43 PM
If I didn't know, it may be a different story, but until then, no thank you.

patch697
26th June 2010, 01:33 PM
for sure i would, geez they aren't gonna hurt ya. i use to live next door to a funeral home when i was in the funeral industry as an embalmer so living on top or building on top of old graves would not faze me one little bit. would be quite cool i reckon.. but this is coming from someone that also has a coffin as part of their household stuff... lol...

I have a mate who is an embalmer. He never talks about it much in fact very few ppl even know about it & he likes it that way. He told me when I questioned him over it one day that to him it was just a very well paying job but many of his so called friends gave him the cold one when thay found out, thought he was some kind of sicko or something. Brian's a good Bloke & a good mate & frankly I don't give a crap what he's job is I just know I couldn't do it.

I have a great deal of respect for ppl like you & my mate Brian & I tip my hat to you both.

Cheers Paul

Minx
26th June 2010, 03:26 PM
I have a mate who is an embalmer. He never talks about it much in fact very few ppl even know about it & he likes it that way. He told me when I questioned him over it one day that to him it was just a very well paying job but many of his so called friends gave him the cold one when thay found out, thought he was some kind of sicko or something. Brian's a good Bloke & a good mate & frankly I don't give a crap what he's job is I just know I couldn't do it.

I have a great deal of respect for ppl like you & my mate Brian & I tip my hat to you both.

Cheers Paul

Excuse my ignorance but whats an embalmer?

YNOT
26th June 2010, 07:20 PM
Brisbanes got a footy stadium built on top of a cemetary - Lang Park.

Tony

patch697
26th June 2010, 07:30 PM
Brisbanes got a footy stadium built on top of a cemetary - Lang Park.

Tony

Thats Interesting....... Being a public venue im surprised thay let them do that. I would have thought that would impede on some sort of health code violation or something.

Well thay did so I guess im wrong on that one.

patch697
26th June 2010, 07:36 PM

An Embalmer has the job of preparing our loved ones after thay pass away, normally after thay are delivered to the funeral home.

MrsMav
27th June 2010, 02:54 PM

An embalmer is someone that preps a body after death. Most people that wish to view their loved ones after death will see their loved one usually embalmed (sometimes people refuse embalming but rarely if they have open caskets, viewings etc). In basic terms and embalmers job is to ensure that the deceased look good for the family wishing to view them. Obviously a lot more too it than that but I believe the main goal is to ensure that the surviving family members have a pleasant (as much as this is not possible when grieving) experience saying goodbye.

Carol

MrsMav
27th June 2010, 03:02 PM

Cheers Paul

The pay must have changed because when I was embalming honestly the pay was shocking.. You find that somepeople want to know everything you do and there are a huge amount of people that just don't want to know you because of what you do. A lot of people are just lets say not educated and for alot of people it is a taboo subject. All I can say is that I felt it a great privilage to be able to give something to people grieving.

patch697
27th June 2010, 03:06 PM
Good on you Carol & thanks very much for the reply

Cheers
Paul

patch697
27th June 2010, 06:29 PM
People are dying to move into that area. heh heh.

Lol....ya card

growler2058
6th August 2013, 08:13 PM
Funny :)...

Be a good vege patch ay!
Geez mortn you've gone deep into the archives to dig this one up hahahahhahaha get it dig hahahahahaha

AB
6th August 2013, 08:17 PM
Be a good vege patch ay!
Geez mortn you've gone deep into the archives to dig this one up hahahahhahaha get it dig hahahahahaha

He's dieing to get the manuals....lol

growler2058
6th August 2013, 08:21 PM
He's dieing to get the manuals....lol
I just laughed out my nose and blew a number 11 bwahahahahaha

macca86
6th August 2013, 08:21 PM
Being buried and being put in a cemetery I think is a waste of good land. Burn me and spred me return me to Mother Earth haha. If the price is right why wouldn't you build there?

taslucas
6th August 2013, 08:26 PM
lol thread digging

AB
6th August 2013, 08:29 PM
This thread brings back memories....It was only 1 month after the forum started....lol

Might be a couple of fake accounts in this thread...BAHAHA. I started the forum off talking to myself back then!!!!

nissannewby
6th August 2013, 08:31 PM
It's got a view to die for.... Although I wouldn't be caught dead there.

Ben-e-boy
6th August 2013, 08:33 PM
I used to live next to a cemetary, the neigbours were dead quiet

megatexture
6th August 2013, 08:37 PM
This thread brings back memories....It was only 1 month after the forum started....lol

Might be a couple of fake accounts in this thread...BAHAHA. I started the forum off talking to myself back then!!!!

Lmfao! Gotta start somewhere but that's hilarious!

growler2058
6th August 2013, 08:42 PM
Are you Carol (Mrs Mav)

AB
6th August 2013, 08:42 PM
It was actually hard trying to change your vocabulary and construction of sentences to appear like different people...lol

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

AB
6th August 2013, 08:43 PM
Are you Carol (Mrs Mav)

No not her, I think that was one of rosscos friends???

AB
6th August 2013, 08:44 PM
I might of been the person who started the thread though.

2TROLLFAM
6th August 2013, 08:52 PM
Ewwwww they didn't move the bodies? I watch too much Supernatural for that shit

Sent from Sharen's iPhone using Tapatalk ....

AB
6th August 2013, 08:54 PM
Atleast gardening would be fun?

taslucas
6th August 2013, 09:02 PM

much changed?

I might of been the person who started the thread though.

MickyD? really? bwahahahahaha

growler2058
6th August 2013, 09:05 PM
I knew a Mickey T NO not the tyres
Mick T was also known as pissed Mick hahahahahahaa

Sent by my worn out thumbs

Clunk
6th August 2013, 09:12 PM
Ever seen Poltergeist?????? They're heeeeerre!!!!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Motorculture mobile app

growler2058
6th August 2013, 09:17 PM
My mate bought an old church complete with cemetery
He has to maintain it even though the last burial was in the 60's
We had some......lets say interesting party's there when I was a younger man. His shows always attracted the fkn extra special weirdos

Sent by my worn out thumbs

P4trol
6th August 2013, 10:19 PM
I know of a 'working' (functional? In service? Not dead?) cemetery on a hill. The creek that runs at the bottom of the hill is pretty foul smelling!

Alitis007
7th August 2013, 12:03 AM
much changed?

MickyD? really? bwahahahahaha

I know a Micky D lol he's full off crap and spins it like know tomorrow hahaha BTW his dad used to own the wog bar... eerr i mean Italian coffee shop next to my work :D

Limmy
7th August 2013, 12:46 AM
would be good for a married couple to grow old and retire in. they could look back in the past and remember once how much stiffs were burried.