PDA

View Full Version : Canning Stock Route

Subtlevox
28th January 2013, 06:43 PM
Will probably post a few to this. We're planning the ultimate 4WD trip for mid-year.

First question - fuel. We're travelling south to north. 1 x GU 3.0ltr diesel (120ltrs fuel on board), 2 x Prado petrols (150ltrs fuel on board). How much extra do we need to take to get to Kunawariji Aboriginal Community Settlement? Does the Settlement have unleaded available?

Second question - vehicle servicing. We'll need a final service for our GU before we head up the track. Where to do it? Wiluna or Kalgoorlie? Suggestions/recommendations?

macca
28th January 2013, 07:59 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?17542-Planning-help-needed-for-CSR

There might be some info here to help you

kull3n
28th January 2013, 08:36 PM
very interested also, will be doing some trips next year

pearcey
28th January 2013, 08:51 PM
Mate I did the CSR in a 4.2 petrol Patrol and used 300lts between the community and Willuna don`t for get it`s a 1000 k.then a 1000 to billiluna. PM me for any info and I will help as much as possibly . WE took,21 days on the stock route which I think was even a little quick Servicing can be done at Kalgoorlie ,Laverton and possibly leanora..It`s a good trip if done slow and as light as possible, also run you tyre pressures no higher than 25 psi even over the rocky sections. We had 6 vehicles and no flats or mechanical issues. Have a great trip