PDA

View Full Version : Steering Dampners

Finly Owner
29th November 2010, 12:42 AM
Please, everyone, if I can assure all of you of one thing that I am absolutly sure of, it is this:

Steering Dampners are not the cause of steering shakes or wobbles. It is other issues that cause this effect. A new steering Dampner may absorb some of the wobble, but it does not fix the problem. Don't be pushed into replacing your dampner until you have checked Swivel pivot point/king pin, wheel bearings, panhard bushes, shockies & sway bar link pins bushes. You may not need all of these things, but I am suggesting you check them or have them checked for you. Then if all is good get a wheel balance all round and a wheel alignment. Then if the dampner is shot replace it.

It is like being in an earthquake standing on concrete and then on jelly, the jelly moves and absorbs some of the shock.

Tim

sweet_gq
29th November 2010, 02:46 PM
probably another consideration is with a 2" lift - have you done a caster correction. I did but returned to rubber bushes becasue the nylathaine (excuse spelling) are crap and don't last.

When i went back to rubber with no caster correction, i noticed how light my steering now is.

Just a thought..

B