PDA

View Full Version : Synthetic rope hook

threedogs
17th January 2013, 08:02 PM
Picked this up today at my local TJM shop only $35, its designed to suit dyneema style rope, Not as sharp a radius as my other one. Plus its greasable which has to be a good thing

BigRAWesty
17th January 2013, 10:45 PM
Very nice

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Maxhead
18th January 2013, 06:37 AM
Yep, great bit of gear. Got one on my gu, they can be a little tricky to undo sometimes but worth every cent imo.

.........on the move

threedogs
18th January 2013, 07:17 AM
I'm hoping that grease nipple will help to open it , they are tricky but a positive lock

Bloodyaussie
18th January 2013, 10:15 AM
Thats what I want John... which TJM dealer is it from... wish you told me you were going to Marks as I am just round the corner from his place and you could have grabbed this winch????

Winnie
18th January 2013, 10:29 AM
How is it different to a normal hook? This is the type that came with my winch with plasma rope

threedogs
18th January 2013, 12:19 PM
BA was going to MUDSKIs on saturday then he decided to take Thursday off, sorry mate .I wasn't much fun pulled the bad back card out about 3/4 hr since I arrived, Top bloke too by the way.

Winnie they lock positive and can't come off say recovery point until you push latch with your thumb. Great for big straps etc.
Gee I hate pooters that took over 1/2hr to put pics here, my bad.
Brought this one from TJM Coburg, but Traralgon should stock them, great safety item IMO

megatexture
20th January 2013, 12:49 AM
Yea I've been meaning to get one also awesome units and the tjm near me has 2 sizes . I'm sick of trying to squeeze two ends of a strap on my clevis hook ahh the mod list never ends lol

threedogs
20th January 2013, 12:57 AM
this one is rated 3.5t, not a sharp edge anywhere, very well finished IMO.
good to update recovery gear now and then, things fail over time.
Just wish there was a better way to store hook, have a product from the states
but its hush hush ATM.