PDA

View Full Version : Victorian meet up change to woods point

Pages : [1] 2 3

Bloodyaussie
17th January 2013, 06:33 PM
Due to the fires at Walhalla the location has changed.

We have had much discussion and phone calls to come up with a place that suites our needs and it is Woods Point.

Now I know its not perfect for everyone but it suites our needs and is beautiful country.

You head into Woods Point and the road is opposite the pub that leads to the camp sites.

This is State forest so dogs are allowed.

As soon as we have more details they will be posted.

Toolangi is the back up location and if needed details will follow.

Gas is in Buxton but not Marysville.

Uhf 17 will be used for this meet.

Remember this is not a club run and anyone that turns up does so knowing that 4wding is dangerous and the risk of damage is there's alone and we are here to have a safe fun time!!!

threedogs
17th January 2013, 06:37 PM
Great place etc etc etc, M2cW, out of respect for the guys fighting the fires and to the idiots starting new one, wouldn't it be better to stay clear of any fire affected areas.
Fire fighters will have enough on their plate .Personally I'd cancell as things are getting worse not better

Bloodyaussie
17th January 2013, 06:40 PM
I going to go and shoot myself in the face now!!!!!!!!!

Alitis007
17th January 2013, 06:44 PM
I going to go and shoot myself in the face now!!!!!!!!!

The authorities are looking for a black BMW not a patrol, so no one will find out you shot that guy in the leg at lalor shops lol

threedogs
17th January 2013, 06:44 PM
Don't do that , it's just what I think its still 8 days or so away, who knows where the idiots will start fires , those Maryville ones wern't pretty, If you want to throw up I'll PM you a story,
It cant happen again

one looked like a green Navara dual cab

Winnie
17th January 2013, 06:54 PM
Jonathan you've done a good job planning all this even with all the negativity. I for one cannot wait for this and to catch up with yourself and the rest of the guys

Drewboyaus
17th January 2013, 07:00 PM
I'm dead keen too but we need to be smart and if its still burning around Aberfeldie next week we might need to think again about Woods Point.
The forecast for Friday, Saturday and Sunday is for high 20's to low 30's and SE winds that would blow the fire right up through Woods Point if it was still seriously burning.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bloodyaussie
17th January 2013, 07:01 PM
The back up would be back to Toolangi.... but in the State forest so we can bring the dogs.

Winnie
17th January 2013, 07:01 PM
W will have to wait and see. Like I said I'm so keen for anywhere I don't care if I have do drive for 4 hours to get there.

MudRunnerTD
17th January 2013, 07:05 PM
Good Plan B.

This is a Heads p for all.

This is the New Venue for our Planned meetup. This will be a great trip. We are not Idiots and this is a Plan B 8 days out so this will do fine.

If with 3 days out it has gone Pear Shape up there then it is what it is and it will be what it will be. Plan C will be considered.

This is a Good decision. Thanks for making the call early Jonathan.

I'm going to be there at this stage.

Alitis007
17th January 2013, 07:06 PM
Silly question, what would happen and what would the fine be if you took your dogs where your not allowed to?? Aslong as you cleaned up their patsies no one would know, unless a parks drove thru.

threedogs
not negitive Winnie, I more than anyone want to meet you all but............................................... .

Parks will give you a warning and tell you to tie dog up, unless hunting dog

Winnie
Silly question, what would happen and what would the fine be if you took your dogs where your not allowed to?? Aslong as you cleaned up their patsies no one would know, unless a parks drove thru.

Not gonna happen mate. Is it really worth the risks?

MudRunnerTD
17th January 2013, 07:08 PM

it would be a bad choice mate, Park would take a dim view and an infringement notice would be served and you would be asked to relocate. Pointless.

AB
17th January 2013, 07:08 PM
Good work ba, woods point is a great spot and hope everyone can attend. Ofcourse we'll see how conditions are late next week but count me in for sure.

AB
17th January 2013, 07:11 PM
I love that town, as you drive into the town theres the pub on the left. opposite the pub is a hook turn that goes down along the creek and you just drive along past all the campsites. Wherever we camp you can't miss us. I think they have drop toilets too, beautiful area!!!!!!

Winnie
17th January 2013, 07:15 PM
Pub hey??? Like the sound of that hahah

AB
17th January 2013, 07:16 PM
It's a ripper pub mate, old school with rustic timber.

AB
17th January 2013, 07:17 PM
Loads of room to camp. Rossco sounds like he is taking Thursday off too and will secure an area for us.

Bloodyaussie
17th January 2013, 07:18 PM

Thats it Chris.... we'll all clamber into one car and one can drive one can do the pedals and one can make the broom broom noise and head off to the pub!!!!!!

Maxhead
17th January 2013, 07:19 PM

Just to add lots of parks have wild dog baits as well, so if yours did go for a run and ate some then yeah ...its not worth it

Alitis007
17th January 2013, 07:21 PM
it would be a bad choice mate, Park would take a dim view and an infringement notice would be served and you would be asked to relocate. Pointless.

Fair enough bud, like i said silly question but i just thought if people wanted to come and they had no other choice and wanted to bring their pets could of been worth the penalty but never mind

MudRunnerTD
17th January 2013, 07:23 PM
Yeah the pub can get busy and we will be in walking distance from it. There is a small shop for basics in town too but dont count on fuel.

Closest fuel will be Marysville on the way in and there is 24hour self serve fuel there.

The Pub does meals and is legendary for their Port called (Tare Arse Port) Damn i have had a few Very big nights swilling that stuff.

THe Local Copper is not too bad but behave please.

The Morning Star Mine has shut down agin i understand so there will not really any Miners about.

Woods Point can get busy and there can be heaps of Bike riders about.

I have not done it in the summer but been there many many times in the winter. Some great tracks around there.

The Camp site has fire pits and i believe toilets. The stream is small from memory and the tracks are close.

Brewery Track is basically in town and is the seen for all the Winch footage you see on 4WDTV recently from the Sponsors trip. Great track but tough. Be fun in the dry though i reckon ;)

This will be a great trip as long as the fires stay away. If it calms down up there then we can do a day trip from Woods Point to Walhalla and back.

Looking forward to it

Alitis007
17th January 2013, 07:23 PM
Just to add lots of parks have wild dog baits as well, so if yours did go for a run and ate some then yeah ...its not worth it

I thought those pink ribbons where fox bait?

Winnie
17th January 2013, 07:24 PM
Thats it Chris.... we'll all clamber into one car and one can drive one can do the pedals and one can make the broom broom noise and head off to the pub!!!!!!

Is not as stupid as it sounds? Damn now I'm craving a parma!!

Bloodyaussie
17th January 2013, 07:24 PM
Fair enough bud, like i said silly question but i just thought if people wanted to come and they had no other choice and wanted to bring their pets could of been worth the penalty but never mind

Back in your box!!!!!!!

Nah all good, either way we will be right as far as pets go.

Forecast at this stage seems to be for cooler conditions with hopefully more moisture coming down from the tropics???? who knows though???

Winnie
17th January 2013, 07:25 PM
Yeah the pub can get busy and we will be in walking distance from it. There is a small shop for basics in town too but dont count on fuel.

Closest fuel will be Marysville on the way in and there is 24hour self serve fuel there.

The Pub does meals and is legendary for their Port called (Tare Arse Port) Damn i have had a few Very big nights swilling that stuff.

THe Local Copper is not too bad but behave please.

The MLonely Star Mine has shut down agin i understand so there will not really any Miners about.

Woods Point can get busy and there can be heaps of Bike riders about.

I have not done it in the summer but been there many many times in the winter. Some great tracks around there.

The Camp site has fire pits and i believe toilets. The stream is small from memory and the tracks are close.

Brewery Track is basically in town and is the seen for all the Winch footage you see on 4WDTV recently from the Sponsors trip. Great track but tough. Be fun in the dry though i reckon ;)

This will be a great trip as long as the fires stay away. If it calms down up there then we can do a day trip from Woods Point to Walhalla and back.

Looking forward to it

Would they have LPG at Marysville do you know?

Drewboyaus
17th January 2013, 07:27 PM

Only 'Draught on tap I hear.....shortage of VB up that way!
LOL

Alitis007
Back in your box!!!!!!!

Nah all good, either way we will be right as far as pets go.

Forecast at this stage seems to be for cooler conditions with hopefully more moisture coming down from the tropics???? who knows though???

BOX HA! Don't get your knickers in a twist mate!!

MudRunnerTD
Would they have LPG at Marysville do you know?

mmmmmm?? Not sure. Dont count on it there. Fill up in Healsville mate

Drewboyaus
17th January 2013, 07:30 PM
It's a better pub than Dargo I hear....

MudRunnerTD
17th January 2013, 07:30 PM

its a 5 minute walk from the camp to the pub.........

Winnie
17th January 2013, 07:31 PM
5 minute walk so that means a 2 hour stumble back to camp lmao. I am REALLY looking forward to this now

threedogs
17th January 2013, 07:35 PM
One of the best pubs in Aus hands down

Winnie
17th January 2013, 07:35 PM
Only 'Draught on tap I hear.....shortage of VB up that way!
LOL

Near enough is good enough!!

Bloodyaussie
17th January 2013, 07:36 PM
Close to a pub... what more could you ask for!!!

I dont think there is Gas at Marysville but I will find out.

Drewboyaus
17th January 2013, 07:40 PM
One of the best pubs in Aus hands down

As Big KEV would say "I'M EXCITED!"

Mate of mine is building a house at Marysville, I've hit him up about the Gas question...
Also, if you're going through Marysville, it's the towns 150th Anniversary so will be bloody busy that weekend.

Probably more Pollies than a baby kissing contest at election time!

AB
17th January 2013, 07:43 PM
Pretty sure no gas there mate.

chester
17th January 2013, 07:45 PM
MR, must be a different copper the one up there HATES four wheel drives and motor bikes (he's words not mine).The old cop up there was good but he left about 15 yrs ago.
Winnie, why would you go that way go out through noojee up the nine mile to the triangle, its the intersection of the nine mile and the woods point warby rd.
Heaps quicker fill up at warragul and you should be right for fuel.

MudRunnerTD
17th January 2013, 07:45 PM
Just got off the phone from friends that lost the lot and ahve rebuilt in Marysville. They dont think there is LPG but will let me know for sure. They suggest that you would get LPG at Buxton or from Healseville depending from what side of the mountain you are coming from. Check the map.

Winnie
17th January 2013, 07:46 PM
Pretty sure no gas there mate.

That's cool I will just MAGICALLY SWITCH TO A DIFFERENT FUEL!!!! Don't you love dual fuel????

Yeah neither do I.

AB
17th January 2013, 07:47 PM
The stream is small but fresh clear water and some holes to sit in. Refreshingly cold stream.

Damn it, would be good sitting in there now with a blizzardly cold beer waiting for the roast!!!

Winnie
17th January 2013, 07:47 PM
I will just fill up LPG on the way, drive there on petrol and fill up with petrol there. All good

MudRunnerTD
17th January 2013, 07:48 PM
I have seen the Copper at Woods Point in the Pub at 11pm and then asking you to blow in the bag in the morning at 10am in the main street!! (Very Nervous moment in my life!!) Seemed like a nice bloke when he told me to drive on ;) LMAO

AB
17th January 2013, 07:49 PM
This will be a good trip gents!!!

Winnie
17th January 2013, 07:52 PM
This will be a good trip gents!!!

He'll yeah!!

Bloodyaussie
17th January 2013, 07:52 PM
Buxton has the Gas and Marysville does not... it all comes back to me.... home of the Buxton Burger!!!!!

Drewboyaus
17th January 2013, 08:02 PM
Buxton has the Gas and Marysville does not... it all comes back to me.... home of the Buxton Burger!!!!!

Sounds like a Buxton Burger for Breakfast on the way up then!

Do we need to begin that list of who's coming again?

Timbo
17th January 2013, 08:08 PM
Just thinking.. if the pub is that good.. and the camp sites are only 5mins away.. what's the chances there wont be any spots?

Pretty high.. lol.

MudRunnerTD
17th January 2013, 08:13 PM
Yeah but there are a few options and if some are heading up from Thursday or early Friday then we should be Ok.

chester
17th January 2013, 08:22 PM
Sorry guys im out,im gunna be heading to aberfeldy to check on the cemetry's my dad caretakes,also check on the mate's hut.Just heard that the tombon pub has burnt down. Dads mate owns it so going to see what we can do.

Drewboyaus
17th January 2013, 08:28 PM
Sorry guys im out,im gunna be heading to aberfeldy to check on the cemetry's my dad caretakes,also check on the mate's hut.Just heard that the tombon pub has burnt down. Dads mate owns it so going to see what we can do.

Heck! That's no good mate. Take care out there.....and best of luck

Winnie
17th January 2013, 08:33 PM

Best of luck to you and your friends Chester

AB
17th January 2013, 08:50 PM
Shame Chester all the best mate!!!

MudRunnerTD
17th January 2013, 08:58 PM
Bugger Chester. All the best mate and good luck your end. Yell out if you and yours needs any help mate

Take care bud.

Bloodyaussie
17th January 2013, 08:58 PM
Sorry to hear Chester, hope it is not all bad!!

Thank you for all your help with the planning mate....

Winnie
17th January 2013, 09:08 PM
Yeah you know I'm close by mate, just say the word

healy
17th January 2013, 09:56 PM
Is plan C stay at Andy's and build a 4b track there

AB
17th January 2013, 09:57 PM
That sounds like a plan. I have some steep hills for climbing...lol

healy
17th January 2013, 09:59 PM
That sounds like a plan. I have some steep hills for climbing...lol

That's what I was thinking couple little dips on the hill with some water could be a good idea

Drewboyaus
17th January 2013, 10:19 PM
No gas at Marysville. The Marysville petrol station is card only too......

AB
17th January 2013, 10:33 PM
No gas at Marysville. The Marysville petrol station is card only too......

And make sure your card is a pin not signature only. I got caught out a while back with a credit card with no pin.

Winnie
17th January 2013, 10:37 PM
Who's up for a bar meal on the Thursday night? Big day if work and driving I think a Parma would go down nicely loll

Bloodyaussie
17th January 2013, 10:38 PM
Shall we start again....
Copy paste edit......

Bloodyaussie + 2 Jack Russells

Winnie
17th January 2013, 10:40 PM
[Bloodyaussie + 2 Jack Russells
Winnie all by his lonesome

MudRunnerTD
17th January 2013, 11:19 PM
MudRunner , Naomi, Zach and Amelia.

MudRunnerTD
18th January 2013, 01:57 AM
Bump

:bananarock:

threedogs
18th January 2013, 07:13 AM
Licola road now closed, it's starting to get out of hand a bit,
hopefully a few days of rain are forecast for next week

WYLD333
18th January 2013, 07:46 AM
Yup it's looking like the whole area is outa bounds, it's getting massive

Winnie
18th January 2013, 07:55 AM
Let's just wait it out and see what happens?

Maxhead
18th January 2013, 08:02 AM
Not looking good there ATM.....

Cuppa
18th January 2013, 08:18 AM
Not sounding good at all! Fire has doubled in size overnight to 8000 hectares. Licola is now shut off. Also very close to Glenmaggie, but with a wind change forecast for the next hour or two which will blow it back towards Woods Point & make the firefront up to 15kms long. Wind here on top of the hills south of the Latrobe Valley is gusting & getting stronger. A report from someone up on the the Licola Road (Blanket Hill) said it 'was blowing a gale' up there. This is a fire that is going to get a lot bigger yet. I think Woods Point will be out of the question for the meet up. Just hope no lives are lost.

Winnie
18th January 2013, 08:21 AM
Don't know where you got 8000 from but it's currently at 20,500ha. Lets wait and see what happens yeah? We have a backup plan for this backup plan, I reckon leave it till Monday or Tuesday then make the decision?

Cuppa
18th January 2013, 08:26 AM
Geez! It was 4000 hectares when I went to bed last night, 8000 when I got up at 7am this morning, & now 20,500 just before 8am! Wind is still picking up.

AB
18th January 2013, 08:37 AM
Bloody hell, looking very scary....Lets wait and see what happens with this and good luck to everyone in the area!!!

Drewboyaus
18th January 2013, 09:13 AM
With any luck the wind shift will blow it back on itself and aid in getting it put out.
Sounds bloody scary.
Be interested to know how it started.....no lightning strikes I'm aware of.....
Last time I was up there in August we came across a couple of hunters leaving there site on Williamson Spur Track....upended all their rubbish on what was an already well going fire and went to leave....the four of us tried to block them in and make them put it out.
In the end they got away and we upended 2 jerry's of water and a shed load of soil to get it out.
My mate reported them to DSE later on....dunno what happened to the dickheads.
Here's hoping it wasn't an unattended campfire.....there has been a bit if that going in of late....

Drewboyaus
18th January 2013, 09:15 AM

Drewboyaus (Andrew) and Jamie.

AB
18th January 2013, 09:30 AM

Andy + 2 mongrels

Rossco + 1 mongrel

Timbo

Bob
18th January 2013, 10:25 AM
Have decided to give this a go providing no Fires are going in that area

Andy + 2 mongrels

Rossco + 1 mongrel

Timbo

Bob Lorraine and two dogs (Ours are not Mongrels LOL)

BTW Will be arriving in Woods Point at approx 6.30pm on the Thursday

Winnie
18th January 2013, 10:28 AM
That's great Bob. Look forward to it

Bloodyaussie
18th January 2013, 11:04 AM
Good news bob... I will wait until Monday evening for the call on the location... weather looks like it will warm up again next Thursday.

If we change again to the final place being Toolangi will this affect peoples decisions.

Dont think I am taking any of this lightly and if I think there is a greater risk going into Woods Point then we will change again too Toolangi.

There are a number of us who are working together to make these decisions.

Drewboyaus
18th January 2013, 11:27 AM
Hey guys,
I might have a couple of mates to tag along if that is ok. Some of the other boys have bailed on the weekend because of the fires and these two are up for a drive somewhere.
They're good blokes. One has a lifted 120 Prado and the other a lifted and mud tyred and rear locked Amarok. Both have winches and know what they're doing.
Your thoughts everyone?

Bloodyaussie
18th January 2013, 11:29 AM
Welcome to tag along....

Drewboyaus
18th January 2013, 11:33 AM
Big River area might be worth considering if folks don't want to do Toolangi again.....as plan C
That said, Toolangi area has plenty of varied terrain which is upside...

Drewboyaus
18th January 2013, 12:36 PM
Welcome to tag along....

Thanks will let you know shortly.

threedogs
18th January 2013, 01:25 PM
At least cool change is here, now some rain to ease the fires and keep the dust down, gotta love mud

Sir Roofy
18th January 2013, 04:04 PM
hey guys,
i might have a couple of mates to tag along if that is ok. Some of the other boys have bailed on the weekend because of the fires and these two are up for a drive somewhere.
They're good blokes. One has a lifted 120 prado and the other a lifted and mud tyred and rear locked amarok. Both have winches and know what they're doing.
Your thoughts everyone?

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk

have,nt bailed as such but sitting back waiting to see what happens
no good jumping in the deep end just yet it might go all pear shaped again

Sir Roofy
18th January 2013, 04:09 PM
good news bob... I will wait until monday evening for the call on the location... Weather looks like it will warm up again next thursday.

If we change again to the final place being toolangi will this affect peoples decisions.

Dont think i am taking any of this lightly and if i think there is a greater risk going into woods point then we will change again too toolangi.

There are a number of us who are working together to make these decisions.

your doing a great job jonathon what will be will be

Sir Roofy
18th January 2013, 04:11 PM
have decided to give this a go providing no fires are going in that area

bloodyaussie + 2 jack russells

winnie all by his lonesome

mudrunner , naomi, zach and amelia.

Drewboyaus (andrew) and jamie.

Andy + 2 mongrels

rossco + 1 mongrel

timbo

bob lorraine and two dogs (ours are not mongrels lol)

btw will be arriving in woods point at approx 6.30pm on the thursday

roofy on his own

Winnie
18th January 2013, 04:30 PM
Hey Roofy what time would you be lookin to leave home?

Sir Roofy
18th January 2013, 04:41 PM
hey roofy what time would you be lookin to leave home?

i can go any time mate its your call

Drewboyaus
18th January 2013, 04:43 PM
have,nt bailed as such but sitting back waiting to see what happens
no good jumping in the deep end just yet it might go all pear shaped again

Sorry mate, not what I meant. I had my regular Aussie day crew with a trip on in the same area. It is the majority of them who have pulled the pin. Wasn't referring to here. No offence intended.
Cheers

Sir Roofy
18th January 2013, 04:54 PM
sorry mate, not what i meant. I had my regular aussie day crew with a trip on in the same area. It is the majority of them who have pulled the pin. Wasn't referring to here. No offence intended.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk

cheers drew looking forward to a beer with you

Bloodyaussie
18th January 2013, 05:02 PM
I'm sick......sniffle.... this sucks..... sniffle sniffle...... I need a cuddle!!!!!!

6 days to go....

Winnie
18th January 2013, 05:05 PM
i can go any time mate its your call

I'd have no dramas if you wanna leave earlier but ill see what I can do about leavin my work ute home that day so I can leave straight from work at 3:30

Sir Roofy
18th January 2013, 05:39 PM
I'd have no dramas if you wanna leave earlier but ill see what I can do about leavin my work ute home that day so I can leave straight from work at 3:30

which way do you need to go ,i was thinking straight out the back up thru icycreek the linkroad onto ninemile then warby woods point
could fill up in traf or if its rains up thru alberfeldy if safe enough

Winnie
18th January 2013, 06:15 PM
which way do you need to go ,i was thinking straight out the back up thru icycreek the linkroad onto ninemile then warby woods point
could fill up in traf or if its rains up thru alberfeldy if safe enough

Tbh I don't know the best way so is just follow wherever you go haha

MudRunnerTD
18th January 2013, 06:17 PM
Lead him astray Roofy. ;)

Sir Roofy
18th January 2013, 06:22 PM
tbh i don't know the best way so is just follow wherever you go haha

its more fuel, for you mate will you be able to fuel up at woodspoint

Sir Roofy
18th January 2013, 06:23 PM
lead him astray roofy. ;)

ill do that so long as he has enough fuel

threedogs
18th January 2013, 06:35 PM
44,000 hectares now, IMO I'd have meet up another time out of respect, this fire is getting BIG. Only m2Cw
Some at Licola are staying to fight {10] source 9 news. Can meet up anytime.

Any fuel at Woodspoint will now be firefighters only not tourists

Not being negitive just think a bit of respect needs to be shown

Winnie
18th January 2013, 07:48 PM
its more fuel, for you mate will you be able to fuel up at woodspoint

Yep I could fuel up there as long as they have unleaded

MudRunnerTD
18th January 2013, 07:55 PM
Don't rely on fuel at woods point. Probably wont be any and/or unavailable.

Bloodyaussie
18th January 2013, 08:44 PM
Yeah I will bring Jerry cans with petrol bought elsewhere.....

And along with a whole lot of love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Winnie
18th January 2013, 08:48 PM
I should be fine for fuel, I will have a full tank of both unleaded and LPG, I'll use unleaded for travelling and LPG for the tracks

Winnie
18th January 2013, 08:51 PM
Who's bringing the cricket set!? I would but don't have one haha

MudRunnerTD
18th January 2013, 08:58 PM
44,000 hectares now, IMO I'd have meet up another time out of respect, this fire is getting BIG. Only m2Cw
Some at Licola are staying to fight {10] source 9 news. Can meet up anytime.

Any fuel at Woodspoint will now be firefighters only not tourists

Not being negitive just think a bit of respect needs to be shown

Hi 3dogs

Mate I have the highest level of respect for the guys on the fire line and the communities under threat.

It has been made clear a number of times by most that have Signed up for this trip that the final descision is pending the development of the fire in the coming days.

There will be no silly descisions and everyone will be involved in the final meetup. We are trying to salvage a great meetup that has been in the planning for weeks. This trip Will be going ahead regardless. The only thing that is in question now is the destination.

I am not in the CFA and can't offer assistance on the fire ground. I have no intention of getting in the way. That would Just be Dumb.

If we end up at toolangi or the wombat I don't care, be great to meet you there mate.

Cheers MR

Winnie
18th January 2013, 09:13 PM
Look what I got today in preparation =]

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/01/74.jpg

Sir Roofy
18th January 2013, 09:16 PM

good price was it

growler2058
18th January 2013, 09:17 PM
Dont disrespect it and put that sh1t vb in it poo

Drewboyaus
18th January 2013, 09:24 PM

The camp chair?

Bloodyaussie
18th January 2013, 09:27 PM
No it is the new globe for the interior light...

jack
18th January 2013, 09:30 PM
Fold up table?

Bloodyaussie
18th January 2013, 09:32 PM
Thats his massage table..dont you know he moonlights..

Drewboyaus
18th January 2013, 09:39 PM
Is that what they call it these days?
Lol....

Winnie
18th January 2013, 09:54 PM
Dont disrespect it and put that sh1t vb in it poo

There is VB in it already!!

Hey the table is actually new as well haha

AB
18th January 2013, 09:56 PM
Hi 3dogs

Mate I have the highest level of respect for the guys on the fire line and the communities under threat.

It has been made clear a number of times by most that have Signed up for this trip that the final descision is pending the development of the fire in the coming days.

There will be no silly descisions and everyone will be involved in the final meetup. We are trying to salvage a great meetup that has been in the planning for weeks. This trip Will be going ahead regardless. The only thing that is in question now is the destination.

I am not in the CFA and can't offer assistance on the fire ground. I have no intention of getting in the way. That would Just be Dumb.

If we end up at toolangi or the wombat I don't care, be great to meet you there mate.

Cheers MR

Perfectly said mate...

Winnie
18th January 2013, 10:01 PM
good price was it

Yeah BCF had them for sale for $1350 but I ended up paying $1250

growler2058
18th January 2013, 10:02 PM
There is VB in it already!!

Hey the table is actually new as well haha

SSssssiiiicckkooooooooooooooo

Irish
18th January 2013, 10:03 PM
Hey guys, I'm still in for this for hopefully the Friday night drinkies and the Sat drive. Not gonna bs though, those fires worry the shit out of me.

Bloodyaussie
18th January 2013, 10:14 PM
Your about to get married.... you can afford more than one night as marriage is much scarier than any bloody bush fire!!!!!

threedogs
18th January 2013, 10:15 PM
Winnie are you hard wiring it??? You'll also need a travel base they are great,you change the 4 feet on the fridge to suit the base.
no need for tiedown straps .Always work better full

AB
18th January 2013, 10:16 PM
As said mate, let's just wait and see the conditions of the fire and the weather and wind. No one is going there if the conditions are iffy and no one can comment about it at this point in time so let's all talk mid next week.

Irish
18th January 2013, 10:22 PM
As said mate, let's just wait and see the conditions of the fire and the weather and wind. No one is going there if the conditions are iffy and no one can comment about it at this point in time so let's all talk mid next week.

It's still cool to hang shit on Parker though yeah? I've been saving up material :-)

Winnie
18th January 2013, 10:23 PM
Winnie are you hard wiring it??? You'll also need a travel base they are great,you change the 4 feet on the fridge to suit the base.
no need for tiedown straps .Always work better full

No mate, this car is only staying until I find another one so no point. Just using the supplied ciggie plug shot term

AB
18th January 2013, 10:24 PM
It's still cool to hang shit on Parker though yeah? I've been saving up material :-)

Who's parker??? That dodgy bloke from the west ba??

Bloodyaussie
18th January 2013, 10:25 PM

You better watch it i have a secret weapon and his name is Chris..

AB
18th January 2013, 10:26 PM
You better watch it i have a secret weapon and his name is Chris..

Which Chris, there are seventeen of them here...lol

Bloodyaussie
18th January 2013, 10:26 PM
Which Chris, there are seventeen of them here...lol

Thats the secret????????????

Winnie
18th January 2013, 10:27 PM
Is it all of us? Do we even know?

Irish
18th January 2013, 10:35 PM
Thats the secret????????????

LOL! Crissanpatrol.com.au

Bloodyaussie
18th January 2013, 10:36 PM
LOL! Crissanpatrol.com.au

Yeah mofo and I am mates with most of them so back off!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Irish
18th January 2013, 10:42 PM
Yeah mofo and I am mates with most of them so back off!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bring it.

:-p

MudRunnerTD
18th January 2013, 10:50 PM
No mate, this car is only staying until I find another one so no point. Just using the supplied ciggie plug shot term

Hey Winnie i can highly recommend cutting the plug off and attaching an Anderson Plug to the end and an Anderson plug in the back of the car mate. Way way better. It was the first thing i did to the Engel when i got it.

AB
18th January 2013, 10:51 PM
Not long to go now!!!

Winnie
18th January 2013, 10:51 PM
What's so much better about it? Remember its only temporary until I get a new Patrol

MudRunnerTD
18th January 2013, 10:55 PM
What's so much better about it? Remember its only temporary until I get a new Patrol

the weakest link in your Fridge is the amount of power it can get, voltage drop is a bit of a biatch. Fitting an Anderson Plug is a strong hi flow connection. I have an Anderson plug in the back of the GQ and the GU and both my Waeco and my Engel have had the plugs replaced with Andersons. Cig plugs tend to break too.

As you say though its a pretty temporary install so the Cig Plug will be fine mate. Long term go the Anderson mate.

Winnie
18th January 2013, 10:57 PM
That's the future plan mate.

threedogs
18th January 2013, 10:57 PM
When you get new trol you can hard wire it properly, whatcha getting???????????????

MudRunnerTD
19th January 2013, 12:11 AM
http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj529/tazzygu4x4/2cc260f1d06c319cf545eef0c79db72f.jpg

Irish
19th January 2013, 01:12 AM
Yeah, f**k going to Woods Point... I rode through kinglake in about 2007ish? during bushfire season, didn't know why it was all smokey and sh1t. Nearly filled my pants when I got home and was informed.

MudRunnerTD
19th January 2013, 09:12 AM
http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj529/tazzygu4x4/2cc260f1d06c319cf545eef0c79db72f.jpg

The ignition point was Aberfeldy and that fire is heading South East. Note that Walhalla is just to the North East of Erica which can be clearly read on that map. Woods point is a fair way to the North West of the ignition point and i dont believe is in any way at risk right now. That map was produced yesterday and i will keep an eye out for an update of yesterdays spread and post when it is online.

Its not over yet.

MudRunnerTD
19th January 2013, 09:22 AM
just reading the DSE site it currently heading North East and up towards Licola from Aberfeldy. We will have to watch and see guys.

threedogs
19th January 2013, 09:53 AM
Tuff country up that way to try and control a fire, maybe Mother Nature will step in somehow.
Thought they were closer to Licola than that

Winnie
19th January 2013, 12:14 PM
Time is the only thing that will tell.

Love to see a stocked fridge24612

growler2058
19th January 2013, 12:16 PM

Love to see a stocked fridge24612\

Well look at that, bottled chunder...................................sicko

Bloodyaussie
19th January 2013, 12:32 PM

Love to see a stocked fridge24612

Hope you dont stock glass beer like that when you hit the tracks!!!!!

Even a bad pot hole can ruin your day...

Winnie
19th January 2013, 12:40 PM
Haha of course not I will bring cans. This will be gone by the weekend lmao

Sir Roofy
19th January 2013, 01:03 PM
haha of course not i will bring cans. This will be gone by the weekend lmao

hope the cans arn,t stacked that way as well

threedogs
19th January 2013, 01:15 PM
Yeah show some respect to our mighty VB, and cut a bit of insersion rubber between layers, stops the top can becoming the bottom can. Empty wine bladders full of water are great to stop stuff moving in the Engel. Plus you have cold drinking water, also handy for medical washing wounds and radiator top ups. Last one great for cleaning mud off number plate and lights to keep boys in blue happy, OH and your fridge wont cycle as much as its full of cold product {space}

Winnie
19th January 2013, 01:21 PM
I that what the rubber mat thing that came with the fridge is for? It was under the basket in a plastic bag and I assumed it was supposed to go on the bottom??

threedogs
19th January 2013, 01:31 PM
I cut some other stuff but full of cans they are rubbing on the wire basket, better on a flat surface IMO
last thing you want is to open your golden grog fridge and find them all swimming. need plan B for cans as well spare 12 hiding somewhere maybe, wine bladders little bit of water in them perfect .best travelling product ever, even good for seat, pillow

Winnie
19th January 2013, 01:34 PM
Goon bags are fantastic. Full of alcohol and when you're done blow it up into a pillow. Great idea filling them with water John, gonna steal that one.

threedogs
19th January 2013, 01:44 PM
Best freebie around mate as you always need water hey. Try local pub and ask for huge 10 litre ones I think they are. awesome as.
You need the icebox off the front of my camper/ trailer 96 cans plus ice

Winnie
19th January 2013, 01:46 PM
Ill go around this arvo

MudRunnerTD
19th January 2013, 02:01 PM
when i go away i use 10lt casks of water from the supermarket for drinking water. when your finished the inner bags are great for filling voids in your fridge when traveling. I dont put water in them though? i just blow them up as much as needed and put them in the fridge.

The water casks are 10lts though so work well as 3dogs says.

threedogs
19th January 2013, 02:27 PM
Thanks MDR just trying to keep Winnie hydrated, You know these young bucks.

Winnie
19th January 2013, 06:10 PM
Are you trying to tell me that VB won't keep me hydrated??

AB
19th January 2013, 06:41 PM
Size of the fire overlayed over Melbourne comparison.24666

Bloodyaussie
19th January 2013, 06:44 PM
Size of the fire overlayed over Melbourne comparison.24666

Oh don't do that Andy there's enough woos bags out there without you scaring more!!!!

Pretty amazing isn't it when you put it to scale like that.....

Winnie
19th January 2013, 06:50 PM
Listening to the radio today and they were saying that the firies have had a huge win and have slowed it down considerably. Downgraded the status of a lot of the surrounding areas to "advice" only. Looking kinda good for us. Like it has been said let time tell.

Drewboyaus
19th January 2013, 06:53 PM
Looks like a fire has just been reported between Murundindi and Eildon.....in Thornton. No further info yet.

Bloodyaussie
19th January 2013, 08:41 PM
It is a road accident...

Winnie
19th January 2013, 08:52 PM
Yep and the main fire is now controlled but not yet contained!!

Drewboyaus
19th January 2013, 09:10 PM
Suggestion too that Aberfeldie fire was deliberately lit......
Still can't believe folks do that.

Bloodyaussie
19th January 2013, 09:14 PM
It beggars belief ??

I wont get into what I would do ......??

Stay positive folks, no negative vibes!!!!!!!!!

mudski
19th January 2013, 09:23 PM
Suggestion too that Aberfeldie fire was deliberately lit......
Still can't believe folks do that.

Geez just about every fire you hear these days is reported that. I'm beginning to wonder lately....

threedogs
19th January 2013, 09:33 PM
Just had a member around, I suggested a large pair of scissors, He suggested two bricks, think two bricks make a better sound.
For once Mother Nature is helping a bit, looking good Winnie

Alitis007
19th January 2013, 10:49 PM
Just had a member around, I suggested a large pair of scissors, He suggested two bricks, think two bricks make a better sound.
For once Mother Nature is helping a bit, looking good Winnie

It wont hurt at all, as long as you don't get your thumbs caught between them!!! haha

threedogs
20th January 2013, 12:03 AM
Is any rain forcast for next week at all, surely pooters can do 14 day outlook?????

AB
20th January 2013, 09:06 AM
Nothing all week and only says "morning shower or two" for Friday which will be nothing most likely.

Winnie
20th January 2013, 09:08 AM
ABERFELDY - DONNELYS
Aberfeldy and Walhalla
Effective: 19/01/13 11:02 PM

Expires: 20/01/13 12:00 PM

Incident Information:

Department of Sustainability and Environment advise that there is fire activity in the Aberfeldy and Walhalla area.
This bushfire is being controlled.
This message applies to the areas of Toner, Toombon, Walhalla, Aberfeldy and surrounding areas.
The fire is active south east of Aberfeldy in the areas around Eaton Creek, Donnellys Creek, Cast Iron Point, Beardmore and Sullivans.
The Aberfeldy Road is closed north of Beardmore.
DSE is using burning out operations as a control strategy to manage the fire.
In the Aberfeldy area residents may see an increase in fire fighting vehicles and fire activity in the areas of Aberfeldy, Cullens Flat and Cullens Track.
In the Walhalla area residents may see an increase in fire fighting vehicles and fire activity in the areas of Plane Track and Binns Road North of Walhalla.
Fire fighters and machinery will be active in all of these locations 24hrs a day.
These burning out operations WILL NOT be unattended.
Smoke and burning out activities may be also be visible from near by communities of Rawson Erica and Coopers Creek.
This increase in activity will continue throughout tonight and into the morning.

Bob
20th January 2013, 09:12 AM
Sorry Guys we are out. Nothing to do with the Fires
Have a great weekend guys

Bloodyaussie
20th January 2013, 09:51 AM
Hope all is ok Bob......... ??????????????????????

I have 90% packed my trailer and only have a few small things to do before lift off...

One bad thing though.. Andy is I have to wait for Mags to get home from work before I can leave so I am not sure but it will be about 6pm mate....

Bob
20th January 2013, 09:58 AM
All is Good Thanks Mate Just a few problems with my Wife having to Work on the Friday and a Relative wanting to visit on that weekend.
Thanks for your organization and have a great time. Will be there next time

Winnie
20th January 2013, 10:01 AM
Sorry you can't be there Bob, would have been great. Will have a beer for you.

AB
20th January 2013, 10:06 AM

I have 90% packed my trailer and only have a few small things to do before lift off...

One bad thing though.. Andy is I have to wait for Mags to get home from work before I can leave so I am not sure but it will be about 6pm mate....

Shame you ca't make it Bob!!!!!!

Crickey....lol is that 6p at my place or 6pm you'll be leaving Thomo?

It's about 3 hours from my place to Woodspoint

AB
20th January 2013, 10:24 AM
Just found this vid which may be helpful to some people.

The video shows the campground area that we will be staying along somewhere. This person is driving out of the camping area up to the pub at Woodspoint.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQSTO7welaM

At the end of the video the way the car is facing up hill is the road you will be coming down into Woodspoint....So pub on the left, hook turn to the right to enter the camping area and just keep driving until you find Patrols. The road goes for miles so keep driving until you see us.

Winnie
20th January 2013, 10:31 AM
That looks like it would take longer than 5 minutes to walk to the pub!!!!!!

MudRunnerTD
20th January 2013, 10:55 AM
I thought the camp we were going to was much closer than that?? Are you sure that's right AB?

Bloodyaussie
20th January 2013, 11:00 AM
Andrew I have the green light to leave early mate so what time do you want me up your way????

AB
20th January 2013, 11:16 AM
I thought the camp we were going to was much closer than that?? Are you sure that's right AB?

Yeah mate thats it...If you scored the spot at the bottom then it would be a 5 min walk but that track goes for miles along the creek. The best spot I have in mind is a large oval area with picnic tables right on the edge of the water but its a solid 15-20 minute walk from pub. It's all down hill though, maybe we could bring our billy carts and have races on the way home...LMAO.

AB
20th January 2013, 11:17 AM
Andrew I have the green light to leave early mate so what time do you want me up your way????

Awesome mate, otherwise we would be there at 10pm....

I reckon we aim for 4:45pm at my place, leave at 5pm, be there at dinner time!

Is that possible for you?

AB
20th January 2013, 11:30 AM
There is a campsite at the bottom of the hill Dazz but we'll just see if we can score that one or not. I'll talk to Rossco as he is leaving on Thursday morning and see if he can snag it for us...

Winnie
20th January 2013, 11:39 AM
You know what you're doing Andy. I'll bring the cricket set haha

Drewboyaus
20th January 2013, 12:44 PM
You know what you're doing Andy. I'll bring the cricket set haha

It's Australia Day, surely we need a totem tennis set too....
LMAO....

Winnie
20th January 2013, 12:50 PM
Yeah mate thats it...If you scored the spot at the bottom then it would be a 5 min walk but that track goes for miles along the creek. The best spot I have in mind is a large oval area with picnic tables right on the edge of the water but its a solid 15-20 minute walk from pub. It's all down hill though, maybe we could bring our billy carts and have races on the way home...LMAO.

When I was at loch sport for New Years it was a 2 hour walk to the pub but we still did it every day. Took a lot longer than that to get home, especially when I managed to somehow take a detour through the national park??

Sir Roofy
20th January 2013, 02:19 PM
Have we got the banner once they see that the camp spot is ours

MudRunnerTD
20th January 2013, 02:30 PM
It's Australia Day, surely we need a totem tennis set too....
LMAO....

Got the totem tennis packed

MudRunnerTD
20th January 2013, 02:32 PM
How many have we got going Guys, got a little lost??

Drewboyaus
20th January 2013, 02:34 PM
Got the totem tennis packed

Legend!

Winnie
20th January 2013, 02:37 PM

Andy + 2 mongrels

Rossco + 1 mongrel

Timbo

Roofy on his own

This is the latest list Daz. Removed Bob and added Roofy.

Bloodyaussie
20th January 2013, 03:47 PM

Andy + 2 mongrels

Rossco + 1 mongrel

Timbo

Roofy on his own

Irish (Friday night and Saturday)

Alitis007 for Saturday drive only

AB
20th January 2013, 05:30 PM
Scotty forgot to send it roof, he's going to send it Monday, we should be ok!

AB
20th January 2013, 05:31 PM
So 9 campsites, is that it???

I'll let rossco know.

Bloodyaussie
20th January 2013, 05:36 PM
Errrr what about Kris?????????????

AB
20th January 2013, 05:37 PM
Bloody kris...lol

Looks like the gqs might out number the gu's this time???

Bloodyaussie
20th January 2013, 05:44 PM
Are you coming alone Kris??

Gee how could anyone forget him.......??????

Winnie
20th January 2013, 05:53 PM
Bloody kris...lol

Looks like the gqs might out number the gu's this time???

We can only hope!

AB
So who's turning up Thursday evening and who's Friday Saturday?

Rossco Timbo Ab ba winnieThursday

Mr and roof Thursday?

What days for everyone else?

Winnie
I spoke to a mate who is very active in the CFA. He reckons that woods point should be safe for next weekends but just be very cautious and keep a radio on

Winnie
20th January 2013, 05:56 PM
Yes AB, Roofy and I will be heading up together Thursday afternoon. Don't know how long it will take us to get there? I am supposed to finish work at 3:30 but with any luck will get out earlier

Winnie
20th January 2013, 06:00 PM
Check this out guys. This is the latest map of the fire created at 3PM today the 20th of Jan. it has not moved any closer to Woods Point. We will be safe!

Drewboyaus
20th January 2013, 06:01 PM
I'm planning to leave Friday morning.....
Leaving Essendon about 7am which would see us there some time between 10 and 11am if all goes smoothly.

AB
20th January 2013, 06:01 PM
Irish Friday alitus Saturday what about Andrew?

Edit: cheers mate

Bloodyaussie
20th January 2013, 06:02 PM
Irish Friday alitus Saturday what about Andrew?

Edit: cheers mate

Which Andrew????

Drewboyaus
20th January 2013, 06:05 PM
Hahah there's a few of us!

Bloodyaussie
20th January 2013, 06:08 PM
Well I missed something there??????

I am sick as a dog and all I can think about is getting away, worked today and it sucked..

Drewboyaus
20th January 2013, 06:13 PM
Check this out guys. This is the latest map of the fire created at 3PM today the 20th of Jan. it has not moved any closer to Woods Point. We will be safe!

It would need a SE gale to blow it back towards Woods Point which fortunately isn't a particularly common occurrence.

Bloodyaussie
20th January 2013, 06:15 PM
It would need a SE gale to blow it back towards Woods Point which fortunately isn't a particularly common occurrence.

Thats what I was thinking yesterday while studying the maps.... I know it can happen but very rare !!

Weather looks to be nice and mild...

Bloodyaussie
20th January 2013, 08:08 PM
So are we all going to the pub Saturday night for a hearty meal?????

Trying to work out my food shopping.

MudRunnerTD
20th January 2013, 08:11 PM
I hadn't planned that.. They do a reasonable meal. If there are allot of people you can wait a couple of hours to eat though... Heads up.

I will have th family so will just cook at camp but go for it mate.

Winnie
20th January 2013, 08:18 PM
So are we all going to the pub Saturday night for a hearty meal?????

Trying to work out my food shopping.

I in for that but honestly would rather go the night before or something? Think it would be too packed on sat night? Who cares if we have to wait. That means more beer time!!

Bloodyaussie
20th January 2013, 08:40 PM
I don't mind what night more that I am planning my meals and would love a pub meal of of the nights.... So Friday then???

Drewboyaus
20th January 2013, 08:56 PM
If I don't make camp before you guys head out for a drive on Friday, I was thinking I'd set up, have a counter meal and perhaps find somewhere for a quick fish.....or I might forget the fish and have a couple more beers LOL.
Otherwise, I was thinking Sunday might be a quieter night for dinner at the pub.....

Drewboyaus
20th January 2013, 08:57 PM
Friday is cool...

Winnie
20th January 2013, 09:00 PM
Lets lock Friday in? Sunday night we can't have too many beers because we'd have to drive home the next day.

Drewboyaus
20th January 2013, 09:01 PM
Lets lock Friday in? Sunday night we can't have too many beers because we'd have to drive home the next day.

What you talkin' about Willis?
LOL

Bloodyaussie
20th January 2013, 09:02 PM
You do know I am heading off on Sunday ??
I am there Thursday to Sunday arvo!!

Winnie
20th January 2013, 09:05 PM
You leaving early again Jonathan!!??? Those pesky car problems keeping you another night.......

Alitis007
20th January 2013, 11:28 PM
Now is there anything else i need to bring?
Rated recovery points - check
Portable compressor - on its way

And does any one have the address of the pub? So i can punch it into the GPS or a GPS co ordinate will work aswell, sorry for being a pain i'm just good at it !! Lol

MudRunnerTD
20th January 2013, 11:51 PM
Just search Woods Point. Small town

Bloodyaussie
20th January 2013, 11:57 PM
Yeah just put woods point in the gps... we will be on channel 17 uhf (do you have one??)

Do you have a rough time of arrival so we know to listen out??

Drewboyaus
21st January 2013, 11:01 AM
Which is the correct Rooftops map?
The Walhalla-Woods Point one only covers a bit of that area and Woods Point seems to be at the intersection of about 3 different maps.
Thoughts?

Alitis007
21st January 2013, 11:41 AM
If this is the pub24795 it should take me about 2.5 - 3 hrs so i'll try and get there before 9am. I don't have a UHF but if i got a hand held unit would that be good enough??

AB
21st January 2013, 11:54 AM
hand held should be fine mate. Allow an extra half hour on what Google or your GPS is telling you. That dirt road coming into Woodspoint just seems to go for ever and you can't do the speeds that the GPS is probably calculating off.

Some corners on Woods Point Rd are sharp and corrugated so everyone be careful of what speeds you go around the corners as you can easily bounce your way off the sides.

MudRunnerTD
21st January 2013, 12:23 PM
Yes George, Thats the pub mate.

Is anyone else taking their Wife and or kids?

Winnie
21st January 2013, 12:29 PM
Which is the correct Rooftops map?
The Walhalla-Woods Point one only covers a bit of that area and Woods Point seems to be at the intersection of about 3 different maps.
Thoughts?

I know, it's such a PITA!!

Alitis007
21st January 2013, 12:55 PM
hand held should be fine mate. Allow an extra half hour on what Google or your GPS is telling you. That dirt road coming into Woodspoint just seems to go for ever and you can't do the speeds that the GPS is probably calculating off.

Some corners on Woods Point Rd are sharp and corrugated so everyone be careful of what speeds you go around the corners as you can easily bounce your way off the sides.

I did that thanks mate!

Bloodyaussie
21st January 2013, 12:56 PM
No Darren this is an escape for me this time so no family.

Next trip when it is a bit cooler I will bring the family.

Hand held George is fine ... Look around as there are always specials

AB
21st January 2013, 12:57 PM
Yes George, Thats the pub mate.

Is anyone else taking their Wife and or kids?

Not mine Dazz, Leah and Mia are heading up to the Murray unfortunately for the long weekend.

AB
21st January 2013, 01:20 PM
Really looking forward to this one gents!!!!

Food is all sorted...Much easier when going solo!

2 x steaks
1 x ready made Chicken Korma
1 x lonely man roast which will be used for sandwiches

Carrots, tomatos, lettuce, cucumber, pumpkin, potato, milk, beer, JD, water, cheese, 4 x cans of tuna, wraps and the usual other assortments.

threedogs
21st January 2013, 01:23 PM
Take your time on that dirt road to the Woodspoint pub, all pics on the wall inside are of 4x4s that got a bad case of brake fade and ran off the road.
take bikini and heavy jacket , weirdest weather ever in that area. Owner very touchy about the servo there too. but may have changed hands since.
Still it has to be in the top 5 pubs in Australia, Daleys Waters in the NT would be my No 1, another thread another time

Bob
21st January 2013, 01:27 PM

4 x cans of tuna, .

Real Men dont eat Tuna LMAO

AB
21st January 2013, 01:29 PM
Real Men dont eat Tuna LMAO
Real men come on camping trips, not staying at home knitting scarves Bob....C'mon mate....LMAO

threedogs
21st January 2013, 01:31 PM
Bob's saving himself for Moby. he's still out there

Bob
21st January 2013, 01:31 PM
Real men come on camping trips, not staying at home knitting scarves Bob....C'mon mate....LMAO

What can I say LOL

Winnie
21st January 2013, 01:37 PM

Food is all sorted...Much easier when going solo!

2 x steaks
1 x ready made Chicken Korma
1 x lonely man roast which will be used for sandwiches

Carrots, tomatos, lettuce, cucumber, pumpkin, potato, milk, beer, JD, water, cheese, 4 x cans of tuna, wraps and the usual other assortments.

Bit extreme mate? What's wrong with sausages and noodles?
Where's the bloody lamb? You unaustralian!!

AB
21st January 2013, 01:39 PM
Bit extreme mate? What's wrong with sausages and noodles?

This whole lamb thing is crap...lol....Who started that woffle anyway??.....Sam??....Marketing ploy....Woffle!!!!

Alitis007
21st January 2013, 01:45 PM
No Darren this is an escape for me this time so no family.

Next trip when it is a bit cooler I will bring the family.

Hand held George is fine ... Look around as there are always specials

Found a GME 2watt 80 channel for $88 free shipping on fleabay do you know anywhere i can go to look at some around the area while im on lunch??

Sir Roofy
21st January 2013, 01:46 PM
what can i say lol

just say your coming ol mate we can drop a line together

Sir Roofy
21st January 2013, 01:48 PM
found a gme 2watt 80 channel for $88 free shipping on fleabay do you know anywhere i can go to look at some around the area while im on lunch??

most 4x4 shops camping shops dick smith k mart

healy
21st January 2013, 01:51 PM
You want a 5w if it you can afford one

Sir Roofy
21st January 2013, 01:55 PM
bit extreme mate? What's wrong with sausages and noodles?

have to agree mate sausages and chops noodels

Alitis007
21st January 2013, 01:57 PM
most 4x4 shops camping shops dick smith k mart

Thanks Roofy i'll see what i can find!

You want a 5w if it you can afford one

Whats the difference between 2 & 5w? Is it just the range?

MudRunnerTD
21st January 2013, 02:03 PM
Thanks Roofy i'll see what i can find!

Whats the difference between 2w and 5w? Is it just the range?

Yes Range. in the hills it make a considerable difference especially being a hand held. but its more coin. A good hand held is fantastic for when your doing a big recovery and out of the car though. Eventually you will want a Car based one for power and convenience and a good hand held for out of the car. So buy the best you can. Buy an 80 channel of both.

You will pay big bucks though for a 5w hand held. Buy at least a 2w though as some of the cheapies are only 0.5w

Drewboyaus
21st January 2013, 02:04 PM
Whats the difference between 2 & 5w? Is it just the range?

Yep. But I have a 2.5W GME and it does the job for me......

MudRunnerTD
21st January 2013, 02:09 PM
Found a GME 2watt 80 channel for $88 free shipping on fleabay do you know anywhere i can go to look at some around the area while im on lunch??

Hey George,

I actually think that this could be really good value out of China!!

UHF-radio-AU-80CH-CB-Handheld-transceiver-5W-Walkie-talkie-ear-piece-NEW (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/One-UHF-radio-AU-80CH-CB-Handheld-transceiver-5W-Walkie-talkie-ear-piece-NEW-/261022510642?pt=AU_Electronics_Radio_Equipment&hash=item3cc6276e32&_uhb=1#ht_3891wt_988)

Bloodyaussie
21st January 2013, 02:15 PM
Wish I had seen that last week???

Alitis007
21st January 2013, 02:18 PM
Hey George,

I actually think that this could be really good value out of China!!

UHF-radio-AU-80CH-CB-Handheld-transceiver-5W-Walkie-talkie-ear-piece-NEW (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/One-UHF-radio-AU-80CH-CB-Handheld-transceiver-5W-Walkie-talkie-ear-piece-NEW-/261022510642?pt=AU_Electronics_Radio_Equipment&has h=item3cc6276e32&_uhb=1#ht_3891wt_988)

I saw that thanks Darren, but it says estimates delivery time between 23rd and 25th jan so i rekon i would be pushing it for the weekend. If i don't have a radio before the meet up will that be an issue??