Price:1300
Condition:new
Details:
Comments:ive got a marks adapter kit to fit chev engine into a gq/gu patrol,
come with-
adapter housing kit
marks rebuildable engine mounts and weld on chassis mounts,
yella terra 11" flywheel,
every thing is brand new,never fitted except the flywheel(was machined about 12 months ago)

bobbrumby
17th January 2013, 04:56 PM
sorry stupid quest but is there a big difference between the chev and holden blocks?

tassie wombat
17th January 2013, 08:10 PM
If the Holden block is chev bolt pattern ie was running a turbo 400 transmission then it should bolt up,but the engine mounts would be different.

Dales300exc
17th January 2013, 08:59 PM
Pretty sure most holden motors weren't turbo pattern. Something in the memory banks thinks that. But i could be wrong

BearGUST
17th January 2013, 09:29 PM
Trimatics and Aussie 4 speed blocks had one bolt pattern, blocks used on turbo 350/400/700 engines were 'Chev' pattern.

tassie wombat
18th January 2013, 10:48 PM
would also swap a set of 16 x 8 procomp rock crawler rims with cash adjustment if anyone was interested??

tassie wombat
1st February 2013, 11:30 PM
anyone???????

BigRAWesty
2nd February 2013, 01:12 AM
Pics always help..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

tassie wombat
4th February 2013, 10:37 PM
http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr269/reefrunner/mfk605ht-web_2_zps9d34213f.jpg
http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr269/reefrunner/mfk625g3ex-web_6_zps0688fb08.jpg
heres some pics off the marks web site,the only differance is the engine mounts i have dont have the extra annodised (adapter?) plate.

Brendan260RS
7th February 2013, 11:39 AM
What motor were you planning to use?

Also I'm not up to scratch on holden/chev engines, would this be for an LS1?

tassie wombat
7th February 2013, 12:21 PM
I was going to fit a "old" 5.7 ( 350 ) but all the reading I've done on various web sites ; I'm pretty sure that the ls engine will bolt in also.

Ltpapa
28th March 2018, 07:53 PM
Hey guys. In need of some help here. I have a 6.5TD intercooled in my 02 manual GU. Was done by brunswick in 2016 from a zd30.
Car takes a bit of a beating (dunes now and again, plenty of time on the beach, and plenty of heavy 4wd tracks. Runs a good deal of lift, 35 cooper stt pros, arb bar, tracklander and a swingaway tyre carrier so its not exactly unladen.
The throwout bearing shaft in my gearbox snapped. The one brunswick fitted looked pretty p!ssweak tbh and the bearing was still very narrow. The shaft is longer than factory. Had a yarn to a few mechanic mates of mine and they all reckon if i just replace it all as is odds are itll just happen again but in a worse location.
Pretty hard up for options right now.
Wondering if there are any upgrade kits available out there for the brunswick adapters?

Anyone know what the shaft etc setup is like in the Marks Adapters kits?
And would one of their kits bolt straight in? Or would i need to mod engine mounts etc? Just really need a heavy duty alternative as i live out in the country and cant afford to risk it snapping again.
Any and all help will be greatly appreciated....!

tassie wombat
28th March 2018, 08:01 PM
Hey guys. In need of some help here. I have a 6.5TD intercooled in my 02 manual GU. Was done by brunswick in 2016 from a zd30.
Car takes a bit of a beating (dunes now and again, plenty of time on the beach, and plenty of heavy 4wd tracks. Runs a good deal of lift, 35 cooper stt pros, arb bar, tracklander and a swingaway tyre carrier so its not exactly unladen.
The throwout bearing shaft in my gearbox snapped. The one brunswick fitted looked pretty p!ssweak tbh and the bearing was still very narrow. The shaft is longer than factory. Had a yarn to a few mechanic mates of mine and they all reckon if i just replace it all as is odds are itll just happen again but in a worse location.
Pretty hard up for options right now.
Wondering if there are any upgrade kits available out there for the brunswick adapters?

Anyone know what the shaft etc setup is like in the Marks Adapters kits?
And would one of their kits bolt straight in? Or would i need to mod engine mounts etc? Just really need a heavy duty alternative as i live out in the country and cant afford to risk it snapping again.
Any and all help will be greatly appreciated....!I'd be having a chat with Mark's adapters mate.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PeeBee
28th March 2018, 08:30 PM
Have you spoken with Brunswick directly about the issue? Scotty is very approachable and Greg, the owner is absolutely allergic to bad publicity. I have a BD conversion in a GQ and mine had a few details mucked up, but they came to the party. I would start there before seeking the opinions off the forums to be honest, unless the answers come back specifically from someone who has had exactly the same problem and had it fixed - just my thoughts. Hope it helps.