PDA

View Full Version : Meetup in the Middle 2014 **NEW POLL**

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

MudRunnerTD
16th January 2013, 09:08 PM
I call July 2014 at Dalhousie Springs and then over the Simpson Desert as our meetup.

There are some Public liability Issues if we call it the National Meetup of the Forum and this also rules AB out of the Organising group. This trip must be seen as a group of mates hooking up for a great trip together.

Epic.

EDIT*******

Australian Public Holidays Australian Time Zones Australian School Term Dates 2014

Daylight Savings Dates

Proposed Dates Term 2 - Holidays - Term 3

ACT----------------------04 Jul <=> 21 Jul
Victoria---------------- 27 Jun <=> 14 Jul
New South Wales----27 Jun <=> 14 Jul
Queensland-----------27 Jun <=> 14 Jul
Western Australia---04 Jul <=> 21 Jul
South Australia------04 Jul <=> 21 Jul
Tasmania no information available
Northern Territory--20 Jun <=> 21 Jul

Well after a fair bit of thinking and thought, giving consideration to all the responses to date regarding the date.....

I call Meet at Dalhousie Springs, Tuesday 1st July 2014

See you there

Thread provided by The Dogman!

http://www.exploroz.com/TrekNotes/Deserts/Simpson_Desert_French_Line.aspx

MudRunnerTD
16th January 2013, 09:10 PM
Fall in - role call. Add your name

July 2014

all meet at Dalhousie Springs for a couple of days of camping while we group up.

Then a trip over the Simpson

MudRunnerTD and family

NissanGQ4.2
16th January 2013, 09:11 PM
What ever happened to the 2013 get together????, did I sleep through that year???

MudRunnerTD
16th January 2013, 09:13 PM
Mate I just can't swing it this hear and AB is doing Fraser with his family. RLI is doing the Cape with a few of the members and there is a bit on.

So a big heads up to all. Put your name up and book your annual leave. Sort out your cars and come and join the fun.

We will never forget this trip.

Winnie
16th January 2013, 09:19 PM
Needs to be organised that far ahead IMO. ATM I am out but who knows something might change between then and now. I hope it does

macca86
16th January 2013, 09:28 PM
Count Jenni and I in the possible probable list. Also can we get a count down on the forum for a friend meet up rather than a forum meet up id sign a waiver though to make it happen

Bloodyaussie
16th January 2013, 09:33 PM
I am going to make it my mission to come on this one... thanks Darren for putting your hand up mate!!!!

MudRunnerTD
16th January 2013, 09:34 PM
Can't commit 100% but will put hand up as very interested. How much time should be allowed for this trip daz?

I reckon it could be done in 2 weeks pretty easily. Anyone could do this from anywhere in the Country in 3 weeks no problems at all.

So from Victoria I reckon 2 weeks would work Plas, unless you would like to sit around at each end for more than a couple of days. Could do a 3 week in the Flinders Ranges maybe on the way home??

Timmo
16th January 2013, 09:39 PM
sorry guys but taking the Family to Disney land.......... would of been fun done the simpson 3 times twice on a bicycle and once in a unimog.

Bloodyaussie
16th January 2013, 09:41 PM
So how would a gas/petrol 4.2 go on a trip like that?????

2 weeks would be my max I think .. I don't know though may stretch it out when the time comes???

Bloodyaussie
16th January 2013, 09:43 PM
sorry guys but taking the Family to Disney land.......... would of been fun done the simpson 3 times twice on a bicycle and once in a unimog.

Disney land??????? I would rather have my brain pulled out through my nose than go there...... bloody Americans....

MudRunnerTD
16th January 2013, 09:45 PM
Yeah flinders is always a top spot. 2 weeks would be manageable with regards to leave, 3 weeks a bit harder. But this is sounding good! My name is in the hat.

Yeah I'm in the same boat. 2 weeks in the new financial year is manageable. 3 weeks is doable just a little harder to work around. So July is the go for me.

I did the Madigan Line in 2 weeks door to door so there should be heaps of time.

MudRunnerTD
16th January 2013, 09:46 PM
So how would a gas/petrol 4.2 go on a trip like that?????

2 weeks would be my max I think .. I don't know though may stretch it out when the time comes???

Definately manageable. LPG wherever you can get it and petrol from Mt Dare.

AB
16th January 2013, 09:57 PM
Keen as mustard, 99% for me!!!

Woof
16th January 2013, 10:10 PM
Yep, 2,800km's from Perth, I'm in.........all going well my youngest son will have moved out and I can finally take an early retirement, but I had that planned for last year and early this year as well....lol
It would be great to finally meet some of our crew here.

Clunk
16th January 2013, 10:24 PM
Yep, 2,800km's from Perth, I'm in.........all going well my youngest son will have moved out and I can finally take an early retirement, but I had that planned for last year and early this year as well....lol
It would be great to finally meet some of our crew here.

You met me, good grief man what more do you need!!!!????? Hahahaha :eek::eek:

Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....

megatexture
16th January 2013, 10:26 PM
Can't commit 100% but even the wife is keen so its looking good ! I will be eagerly watching this thread!

Stropp
16th January 2013, 10:29 PM
Yeh me too doggie, waitin for the kids to go so I can go, put me down as a interested but will have to see how it goes, by then I will be due for a holiday and what better way to do it!

Clunk
16th January 2013, 11:32 PM
Would love to say a definite, certainly interested but very doubtful getting the 4 weeks off that would be needed....... also need to keep me hols for kids school hols

I'll be Tap!!!!!!

Bigrig
16th January 2013, 11:35 PM
You got me boss!!! Outstanding!!!

healy
17th January 2013, 12:25 AM
I'd be in with the family at the moment just have to see how this year works out

DX grunt
17th January 2013, 02:55 AM
[QUOTE=Clunk;319213]You met me, good grief man what more do you need!!!!????? Hahahaha :eek::eek:

A Bex and a good lie down. lol

DX grunt
17th January 2013, 02:57 AM
Have you got firm dates and an itinerary sorted yet? lol

Might travel in convoy with Doggie

Or the cheaper option might be to fly to Adelaide and hire a tojo, I mean patrol. PML.

Clunk
17th January 2013, 03:07 AM
Have you got firm dates and an itinerary sorted yet? lol

Might travel in convoy with Doggie

Or the cheaper option might be to fly to Adelaide and hire a tojo, I mean patrol. PML.

Jeez Rossco, cut the guys some slack man, the thread only went up 5 hours ago!!!!!!!!! Hahahahah

To tap, or not to tap: that is the question: Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, Or to take arms against a sea of troubles, And by opposing end them?

Maxhead
17th January 2013, 06:07 AM
School holidays sound like the ideal dates...We should be in on this one.
:cool:

.........on the move

MudRunnerTD
17th January 2013, 08:18 AM
yep was definitely thinking the July School Holidays for sure. if needed people can leave in the week before and get back in the week after the school holidays but the middle of everyones trip will be the July School Holidays for sure.

As close as it will be to alignment of school holidays for all states anyway ;)

ozzyboy
17th January 2013, 09:14 AM
keen as. 90% chance i'm in. only because a lot can change in 18 months

Will be a awesome trip :)

ozz

DX grunt
17th January 2013, 09:46 AM
Seriously considering another option. I've Googled car carriers.

Car carrier to Adelaide, fly and meet car at Adelaide airport and start from there.

With a troll full of gear, I seriously don't think I could drive it for that, plus it's a long drive across the paddock for a visit. lol

Keep talking, MR. lol

Rossco

AB
17th January 2013, 09:54 AM

Car carrier to Adelaide, fly and meet car at Adelaide airport and start from there.

With a troll full of gear, I seriously don't think I could drive it for that, plus it's a long drive across the paddock for a visit. lol

Keep talking, MR. lol

Rossco

Rossco, make sure the car carrier allow you to have gear in the car. A lot of companies don't allow the car to be loaded. More private companies allow it but check it out if you head down that path mate.

DX grunt
17th January 2013, 09:56 AM
Rossco, make sure the car carrier allow you to have gear in the car. A lot of companies don't allow the car to be loaded. More private companies allow it but check it out if you head down that path mate.

Yep thanks. From memory, it was about an extra $150.

Bloodyaussie
17th January 2013, 10:05 AM
I will need to start on my rear carrier..... been collecting the steel and besides the swivel thing's I think I have what I need??

My car will cost a fortune in petrol on a trip like this..

lorrieandjas
17th January 2013, 10:36 AM
Hi Mudrunner - I and the family are in. I posted in your other thread too but doing the Cape this year and was looking at options for next year! Perfect timing mate.

Jas

Bloodyaussie
17th January 2013, 10:43 AM
Hi Mudrunner - I and the family are in. I posted in your other thread too but doing the Cape this year and was looking at options for next year! Perfect timing mate.

Jas
Yeah what a good idea Darren?????.......

Hey just a thought is there a way to have a sticky that cant be added to that just has all the information needed and updated so things dont get lost in the drool that gets spewed out after 500 pages??

growler2058
17th January 2013, 11:06 AM
Yeah what a good idea Darren?????.......

Hey just a thought is there a way to have a sticky that cant be added to that just has all the information needed and updated so things dont get lost in the drool that gets spewed out after 500 pages??

Yep we can lock the thread and only mods/admin can add to it

Slap N Tap ;)

MudRunnerTD
17th January 2013, 12:09 PM
I will need to start on my rear carrier..... been collecting the steel and besides the swivel thing's I think I have what I need??

Hey BA
Jump on eBay and you can buy the swivel kit to use in Your buildup. Search "rear wheel carrier" I think??

healy
17th January 2013, 12:18 PM

Yeah that's why I traded for a diesel (that dosnt work) lol

Stropp
17th January 2013, 10:42 PM

Keep talking, MR. lol

Rossco

Rossco train to port Augusta jump off and into the troll and you are almost there! Worth a look at train pricing

PMC
17th January 2013, 11:39 PM
Fall in - role call. Add your name

July 2014

all meet at Dalhousie Springs for a couple of days of camping while we group up.

Then a trip over the Simpson

MudRunnerTD and family

G'evening MubRunner,

RLI and family count us in!

Regards,

Paul

lorrieandjas
18th January 2013, 12:29 AM
G'evening MubRunner,

RLI and family count us in!

Regards,

Paul

Hi Paul - awesome. After the Cape this year will be time for us to have another trip!

Jas

Bigrig
18th January 2013, 10:42 AM
Poll and meetup clock countdown time me thinks!!!

Darren, there's no F in genius ... but you're a f'in genius!!! lol

Great trip suggestion....

Ben-e-boy
18th January 2013, 10:52 AM
I call July 2014 at Dalhousie Springs and then over the Simpson Desert as our meetup.

There are some Public liability Issues if we call it the National Meetup of the Forum and this also rules AB out of the Organising group. This trip must be seen as a group of mates hooking up for a great trip together.
Epic.

sorry to but in but am I missing something here?

MudRunnerTD
18th January 2013, 10:58 AM
sorry to but in but am I missing something here?

G'day Ben

Yeah mate we must keep our meetups at arms length from the forum and they must be on a casual group of mates meetup level. There are some Public Liability issues that must be considered unfortunately and it is what it is.

I am putting this trip forward as an active member of this group and my position as a Moderator bares No Weight in the Organising of this get together.

Hope you can come along bud.

Cheers MR

lorrieandjas
18th January 2013, 11:04 AM
Hi MR - appreciate you personally organising this. If you need any assistance with logistics, etc let me know. Happy to help out any way I can.

Jas

Ben-e-boy
18th January 2013, 11:09 AM
I might be able to make this, I am thinking of"down sizing" the ute a bit, get some road manners back into it and make a bit of a 'tough' tourer,

Steve4wdin
18th January 2013, 11:22 AM
Well at this stage I am in. Thanks heaps for organising the trip MR. I`ll buy you a beer lol. I reacon I could swing 3 weeks off.

MudRunnerTD
18th January 2013, 11:52 AM
I might be able to make this, I am thinking of"down sizing" the ute a bit, get some road manners back into it and make a bit of a 'tough' tourer,

Awesome mate, the great thing about patrols it is really easy to change it up for a trip like this and then put it back when you get back.

Would be great to see you for this mate.

I have not counted the yes's but its getting up there and it looks like a great group and must be pushing 10 cars already!

This will be great.

Get on the list folks!

Bigrig
18th January 2013, 11:57 AM

"Might"?? Pigs @rse ... you'll be there ...

We've got to have ourselves a Qld convoy ...

MudRunnerTD
18th January 2013, 12:00 PM
Bloody hell I just lost count through the 5 pages while on the iPhone but I think we are around 12 cars showing interest! Awesome stuff. Great group too.

Step up folks.

If there is enough then thinking of 2 groups heading out from Dalhousie so I am not concerned about numbers. Lets make this huge!

Bigrig
18th January 2013, 12:00 PM
Awesome mate, the great thing about patrols it is really easy to change it up for a trip like this and then put it back when you get back.

Would be great to see you for this mate.

I have not counted the yes's but its getting up there and it looks like a great group and must be pushing 10 cars already!

This will be great.

Get on the list folks!

Time for a poll mate - we've got oodles I time for this one, so maybe list the poll as don't vote until your definite (otherwise they can't vote later once already voted for possibly going etc, unless you reset the poll or put up a new one ... Poorly explained, but you know what I mean I'm sure ... ).

Simply awesome proposed trip ... more about touring and site seeing than hard core wheeling, so should see the numbers swell ...

MudRunnerTD
18th January 2013, 12:03 PM
And if everyone brings 1 bag of wood we will have enough for a fire every night!!

What better way to finish off the day than a few brews around the fire with you lot! Hell yeah

MudRunnerTD
18th January 2013, 12:11 PM
Poll is Up

lorrieandjas
18th January 2013, 12:29 PM
Hi mate - I'm a definite definite! It'll be me, Loren and the twin girls. Leave done already! We're basically planning one big trip a year for the next 4 years so 2013 and 2014 are sorted!

Jas

BigRAWesty
18th January 2013, 01:43 PM

There called a flangless hub and axle. You'll just need a standard One, not heavy duty..

Well I'd love to, 2 weeks should be easy but 3 weeks and bypass flinders on the way home sounds tops..
Will discuss with minister of war and finance tonight.
The girls will be 4 and nearly 2 by then.. are people happy with that young?

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

MudRunnerTD
18th January 2013, 01:59 PM
There called a flangless hub and axle. You'll just need a standard One, not heavy duty..

Well I'd love to, 2 weeks should be easy but 3 weeks and bypass flinders on the way home sounds tops..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Awesome Kallen

My little bloke Zach will be 8 and Amelia 2.5 so she will have company! Will be a great trip mate

lorrieandjas
18th January 2013, 02:32 PM

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Hey mate - mine will be about 21 months by then..... So all good with me!

Jas

Steve4wdin
18th January 2013, 02:39 PM
I have a 6 year old girl so it sounds like kids will be fine. Great idea about the fire wood MD. It would just be great to meet with all you lads and lases.
Steve

BigRAWesty
18th January 2013, 03:28 PM
We going to put up some donated prizes??
I'll donate to 'the best bogging of the trip...'

Great to hear about the kids. Sometimes people get narky at cars with kids due to them stopping a couple more times threw the trip.

Are we planning a route, or will we do that closer to the date?

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Bigrig
18th January 2013, 03:32 PM
Poll is Up

Top job!!

My vote is in, and I was just convincing swampy to go as well (here having a coldie!!). I'll be sure to drum this up in qld mate and get as many as possible ...
Seriously excited already!!!

AB
18th January 2013, 03:44 PM
Mia will be 4 years old which is the exact age I first did the Simpson with the family....I hated it at the time, stuck in the back of a vinyl seated Toyota hilux with not A/C and the old man with his seat all the way back so my knees were in my face....lol

My turn now!!!!

BigRAWesty
18th January 2013, 10:48 PM
Good to hear guys.
Well talked to the missus and were keen. A lot of if's though. Next weekend will be the first actual camping trip with the girls.
So we'll see how we go now, and at easter before cementing a yes.

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Woof
19th January 2013, 02:43 AM
Sounds like this is going to be a trip not to be missed, the best part is that it is a family trip.

macca86
19th January 2013, 07:14 AM
People from the east in qld would we meet in birdsville cross the Simpson head to the spring then come back again or plan a different route

MudRunnerTD
19th January 2013, 09:06 AM
People from the east in qld would we meet in birdsville cross the Simpson head to the spring then come back again or plan a different route

Crossing from East to West is a more difficult crossing as the East Side (your up side) of each sand dune is steeper and from West to East will be the Down side. Also note that 95% of the traffic will be going West to East and at that time of year you would expect to have to pull over for on coming 10 or 15 times a day i reckon. THis would be a fairly slow trip over and time should be allowed for the hold ups. Probably at least an extra day or more for the trip East West.

Bigrig
19th January 2013, 11:22 AM

We'll meet in brissy mate and then dominate with our convoy all the way there!!! lmao

macca86
19th January 2013, 01:14 PM
Nice maybe pick up may some northern members out Roma way if the come down too. This could work well if all goes to plan Jenni may be in pup by then do we shall see possible probables

Yendor
19th January 2013, 02:45 PM
OK, I'm super keen for this trip.

To be honest, I have no idea how to prepare/setup for a trip like this.

Is it do able with a camper trailer? or are you better off with a tent?

What about water and food? how many days supply do I need to have on board?

Tyres......I guessing a good A/T tyre will be better then a road or M/T tyre?

I appreciate the safety in numbers and see it's do able with petrol engines so I assume diesel fuel isn't a problem at all.

What other vehicle preparations should be done?

BigRAWesty
19th January 2013, 03:07 PM
Ensure your bus is mechanically sound.
You'll want around 100ltrs + of fuel I recon. Diesel is not a problem.
Good set of tread, AT's are fine.
Atleast 30-40ltrs of water.
Recovery gear.
Camper can be done for most places, but depending on schedule there may be one night stays. So if you don't mind setting up and packing down it'll be fine.
Some good recovery gear, and accessories like tyre gauges, patches, plugs etc

Others will chip in with more but its a start

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Morton
19th January 2013, 03:28 PM
is this an open invitation or a closed group, I am keen to do this trip about that time but will have no wife & maybe 4 kids 13-7yrs

Sir Roofy
19th January 2013, 03:32 PM
is this an open invitation or a closed group, I am keen to do this trip about that time but will have no wife & maybe 4 kids 13-7yrs

its an open invitation open to all

Bigrig
19th January 2013, 04:50 PM
Count Jenni and I in the possible probable list. Also can we get a count down on the forum for a friend meet up rather than a forum meet up id sign a waiver though to make it happen

X2 on the clock and the waiver

AB
20th January 2013, 09:13 AM
Leave it with me gents....

GU CAMPER
20th January 2013, 09:22 AM
I'm keen as mustard for this trip
Happy to sign a waiver for all forum/friend meet ups

MudRunnerTD
20th January 2013, 09:36 AM
This is going to be awesome!

Sir Roofy
20th January 2013, 09:47 AM
this is going to be awesome!

ok the boss is all excited where in as well happy about the waiver as well
on all meet ups

Winnie
20th January 2013, 10:03 AM
You know what stuff it. I will try my best to be there for this!

MudRunnerTD
20th January 2013, 10:56 AM
Hell Yeah!!!!!!

Winnie
20th January 2013, 11:06 AM
Mate from work is making the trip to birdsville races this year so I will tell him to get lots of photos

wildgu6
20th January 2013, 01:02 PM
Theres a possability it might be a goa for the miss's and i.
Miss's wants to do lake ayre so threw the meet up out there to incorperate the 2.
Will be working on it but not going to commit just yet, lots to take into consideration, work, finances, the trols health. But time will tell, would be awsome.
Fingers crossed..

Woof
20th January 2013, 06:09 PM
Just a thought, as this trip is going to be a BIG ONE and an expensive one for some, I am thinking of getting some sponsors aboard and raising some money for a charity.....what are everyone's thoughts on this?????

Morton
20th January 2013, 06:24 PM
I am in on this trip, possibly 2 other members on here want to as well, I will sign any waiver, charities always work for me

Sir Roofy
20th January 2013, 06:51 PM
just a thought, as this trip is going to be a big one and an expensive one for some, i am thinking of getting some sponsors aboard and raising some money for a charity.....what are everyone's thoughts on this?????

its a good idea can only try

BigRAWesty
20th January 2013, 07:13 PM
Just a thought, as this trip is going to be a BIG ONE and an expensive one for some, I am thinking of getting some sponsors aboard and raising some money for a charity.....what are everyone's thoughts on this?????

Top idea.
I'm sure we could raise for a good charity..
Also donated prizes for different things. I'll donate a strap for most bogged...

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

GU CAMPER
21st January 2013, 06:50 PM
Charity idea sounds good to me

PMC
23rd January 2013, 11:05 PM
Hi Paul - awesome. After the Cape this year will be time for us to have another trip!

Jas

I wounder if we will get slugged with organising it? lol

Regards,

RLI

lorrieandjas
24th January 2013, 12:18 AM
I wounder if we will get slugged with organising it? lol

Regards,

RLI

Sounds like I need to set up another website! :) We're getting good on the planning. :)

But seriously - the Cape this year - the Simpson next year. Does it get any better?

Jas

BigRAWesty
24th January 2013, 03:20 AM
South end SA 2015...

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Morton
6th February 2013, 10:41 PM
I am on the fence now, my club wants to put the same trip on next year at the same time, see what happens

MudRunnerTD
6th February 2013, 10:46 PM
I am on the fence now, my club wants to put the same trip on next year at the same time, see what happens

Bugger. Hope you can make the one mate its going to be a Great group and no club politics. See you in the middle mate.

Winnie
7th February 2013, 08:29 PM
I'm like, 90% in for this one now!

MudRunnerTD
8th February 2013, 12:25 AM
I'm like, 90% in for this one now!

Now you got a Kick Arse Diesel!!! Hell Yeah you are!!

Maxhead
8th February 2013, 06:51 AM
Now you got a Kick Arse Diesel!!! Hell Yeah you are!!

Not yet he doesn't.... Lots of water between now and tomorrow...bwahahahaha

BigRAWesty
8th February 2013, 07:30 AM
Well atm I'm still in.. only really 2 factors playing a part, condition of patrol when time comes, and getting time off.
The missus is keen but only the 2 weeks so that puts flinders on the way home out of the question :(

But ill be pulling the old girl off the road after easter and starting the referb...

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

healy
8th February 2013, 10:38 AM
Ill be out of this one unfortunately as it would be a trip to remember

Rustyboner81
8th February 2013, 11:00 AM
I hope really hope im in. Thats just the kind of adventure im after and should be ready by then too

Sir Roofy
8th February 2013, 11:06 AM
ill be out of this one unfortunately as it would be a trip to remember

what, is it to flat and not rutted enough for ya ,never know mate yu might change your mind
as it gets nearer

healy
8th February 2013, 11:15 AM
what, is it to flat and not rutted enough for ya ,never know mate yu might change your mind
as it gets nearer

I'd love to do that kind of trip mate it would be awesome but we will have our 2kid by then and will only be a few months old

MudRunnerTD
8th February 2013, 12:13 PM
I'd love to do that kind of trip mate it would be awesome but we will have our 2kid by then and will only be a few months old

Hey Healy,

Mate, i will be taking 2 kids. I promise i will NOT give you a hard time if we need to stop for you. Dont let the little one hold you back bud. Your welcome.

Sir Roofy
8th February 2013, 12:22 PM
i'd love to do that kind of trip mate it would be awesome but we will have our 2kid by then and will only be a few months old

if you can mate it will be the right time of year for the little ones
the flys and mossies will be dorment and it will be cool enough to sleep

see how ya go mate would love ya to join us

BigRAWesty
8th February 2013, 01:23 PM

No issue here either mate. My girls will be 3.4 and 1.8 at trip time.
And possible another 1 on the way if wifey gets her way... Damit.. that's another variable... Betta keep the rain coats on till then....

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Maxhead
8th February 2013, 03:49 PM
As I said before we will do our best to be there so unless Im dead we might miss out...LOL The plan is to turn this into a bigger trip for us but need to wait and see how the work situation pans out.

MudRunnerTD
8th February 2013, 03:51 PM
As I said before we will do our best to be there so unless Im dead we might miss out...LOL The plan is to turn this into a bigger trip for us but need to wait and see how the work situation pans out.

You coming in the Red GQ Kris?? Do it mate! you know you want too!!

You need to update your sig line mate!!

Yendor
8th February 2013, 04:02 PM

So does that mean you are doing the trip in the GQ as well?

AB
8th February 2013, 04:05 PM
I'm really hoping to come on this trip. We are also trying for a second child so I'm trying wang it inbetween this trip....LMAO

Maxhead
8th February 2013, 04:13 PM

I would love to but with the family and caravan it will be the GU8 mate.

Sig to be updated :)

Maxhead
8th February 2013, 04:13 PM
I'm really hoping to come on this trip. We are also trying for a second child so I'm trying wang it inbetween this trip....LMAO

Babies and the Simpson are a perfect match :)

AB
8th February 2013, 04:23 PM
Babies and the Simpson are a perfect match :)

Agreed but an angry pregnant misses is like driving through the Simpson with a lion as a passenger and a T-Bone steak wrapped around your neck.

MudRunnerTD
8th February 2013, 04:52 PM
So does that mean you are doing the trip in the GQ as well?

**C RA C KKLEee* CRAC KK LE* Sorry your Breaking UP??! Check your Radio Coms OVER!

taslucas
8th February 2013, 04:56 PM

......Wang it in.........hehehe

FanTapstic!

Winnie
8th February 2013, 05:03 PM
Hey Rodney, we discussed it at the last meet up but we decided that Darren actually doesn't have a GQ as nobody here has seen it.

Yendor
8th February 2013, 05:05 PM
**C RA C KKLEee* CRAC KK LE* Sorry your Breaking UP??! Check your Radio Coms OVER!

LOL........remember there will be cameras..... :D

Yendor
8th February 2013, 05:12 PM
Hey Rodney, we discussed it at the last meet up but we decided that Darren actually doesn't have a GQ as nobody here has seen it.

OH.......so it's like some sort of stand in for the photos ??????

Sir Roofy
8th February 2013, 05:27 PM
as i said before we will do our best to be there so unless im dead we might miss out...lol the plan is to turn this into a bigger trip for us but need to wait and see how the work situation pans out.

bet your planning on bringing gq

Sir Roofy
8th February 2013, 05:31 PM
agreed but an angry pregnant misses is like driving through the simpson with a lion as a passenger and a t-bone steak wrapped around your neck.

no guts no glory take up the challange mate

MudRunnerTD
8th February 2013, 05:51 PM

I'll have to find a pic of Me and the GQ in teh same pic??? Hmmmm? Where is that Photoshop program??? LMFAO

LOL........remember there will be cameras..... :D

I will make sure the GUIV is nice and Shiny ;) Hmmmm and Roomy! Love my GUIV lol

OH.......so it's like some sort of stand in for the photos ??????

Yeah i have a 8foot by 6foot poster on the wall and i just stand in front of it. LOL

Actually its a Mates and i Navi and take the credit!! LOL Shhhhh! dont tell him!

megatexture
8th February 2013, 07:10 PM
Wish I didn't find this thread its going to be a tough count down till the trip !

MudRunnerTD
8th February 2013, 09:31 PM
Wish I didn't find this thread its going to be a tough count down till the trip !

Countdown!! Did someone mention Countdown!!

What??? Who said that?

AB!

Need a firm date first but whats a forum without a countdown!!??

AB
8th February 2013, 09:38 PM
What's a countdown without a firm date, what's the date gents, show me a date. If you build it they will come....lol

Sir Roofy
8th February 2013, 10:25 PM
School holidays would work

BigRAWesty
8th February 2013, 11:30 PM

What are those dates??

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

megatexture
9th February 2013, 01:04 AM
only prob with school hols is every ones out !

someone pick a date lol

growler2058
9th February 2013, 01:16 AM

Sounds like grounds for a wedding bwahahahahahahaaha

Sent from the crapper while on tappa

Woof
9th February 2013, 03:03 AM
Already started saving for this trip, fingers crossed that I don't have to touch it between now and then.....

Maxhead
9th February 2013, 09:02 AM
Might need clarification on suitability of the Simpson/caravan combo mate. Can anyone advise?

EASY mate, what you talking about!!!

Hahha, we're thinking if we're going that way we might as well take the van and go to Uluru and Alice and then leave the van at Oodnadata or somewhere similar then once we cross come back on the highway.

Just a thought at this stage but more I think about this we might just tent the whole way....yet to think about it properly...

threedogs
9th February 2013, 09:05 AM
Wouldn't you use the "Great Central road" and go via Laverton etc

Maxhead
9th February 2013, 09:15 AM
Wouldn't you use the "Great Central road" and go via Laverton etc

Ummmm NO??????

BigRAWesty
9th February 2013, 09:17 AM
Ok, 27 of June to the 14 of july is school holidays in qld.. I think is a week later.
Queens birthday is the 10th of June so if we go the first 2 weeks of June everyone gets a free day...

So how does the 31st of May to the 14 of June? Gives a Sunday to unwind and unpack.

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

GU CAMPER
9th February 2013, 06:15 PM
I am easy with whatever dates

Wetty
10th February 2013, 01:33 PM
I am more than keen on doing this, it sounds like it will be loads of fun. . . . . be a big trip from over this side of the country though! I will have to consult the War Office to see if she wants to be in or not, failing that I will come by myself if the planets line up!
Cheers
Andrew

MudRunnerTD
10th February 2013, 04:13 PM
I am more than keen on doing this, it sounds like it will be loads of fun. . . . . be a big trip from over this side of the country though! I will have to consult the War Office to see if she wants to be in or not, failing that I will come by myself if the planets line up!
Cheers
Andrew

G'day Andrew,

The great thing about this trip is it a Long way for everyone. Growler and Westy are the closest by a long shot. This will be a great trip for everyone and a load of fun for sure mate.

See you in the Middle in 2014.

MudRunnerTD
10th February 2013, 04:37 PM
Ok, 27 of June to the 14 of july is school holidays in qld.. I think is a week later.
Queens birthday is the 10th of June so if we go the first 2 weeks of June everyone gets a free day...

So how does the 31st of May to the 14 of June? Gives a Sunday to unwind and unpack.

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Hey Kallen,

I am a little confused with your dates there? I think we are chasing the School Holidays to be doing this trip not avoiding the clash?

I think that most with kids will be tied to the Holidays mate. so thats how we must roll.

My work is governed by the Financial Year and June is PayDay month for me so i will be flat out trying to finish the Year strongly. I just cant take June off.

Here are the dates for all states

Australian Public Holidays Australian Time Zones Australian School Term Dates 2014

Daylight Savings Dates

Given the dates above then i would think someone will be starting early or others will be finishing late??

SA, WA and the Bloody ACT! start a week later than Vic NSW and QLD. Do we ask everyone from there to come a week before the holidays or do Vic NSW and QLD hang around home a week.??

Interesting. Really depends on where all the numbers are coming from?

I'd be happy to start Late for Vic but i am open to discussion?

Winnie
10th February 2013, 04:39 PM
You set a date Daz and I will be there. I can take the time off work no dramas and I've got enough time to save up easily. Keeeeeeeen for this!

macca86
10th February 2013, 05:38 PM
Meet at our meeting point on the 1st of July. Gives everyone a weekend to travel to starting point kinda fits in the middle of school holidays for most. How long is the trip from go to whoa

Winnie
10th February 2013, 05:43 PM
Is it a dog friendly trip?

macca86
10th February 2013, 05:49 PM
National park so I'd doubt it. Its b.s. We have a dog and another one on the way. If you have them in a car or on a lead and pick up after them then what's the reason to not allow mans best friend

Winnie
10th February 2013, 05:52 PM
That means I will have to find someone to look after him for 3-4 weeks...... what a bummer!

macca86
10th February 2013, 05:54 PM
Us too. Bugger hope my parents can I don't like the idea of kennels

MudRunnerTD
10th February 2013, 06:08 PM
Sorry No Dogs.

Here is a calendar for June & July 2014

It will be at least 3 days drive for me! Probably 4 with kids to get to Dahlhousie fueled and ready to go. The 1st would likely be the first day out in the desert running on Vic School holidays.

Some guys will be at least 3 to 4 days out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigRAWesty
10th February 2013, 10:18 PM
Yea sorry MR, thought I read earlier in the tread to try and miss the school holidays and hopefully the tracks would be quieter.. but yea I'm with you, many need the holidays for there kids..
I'm easy either way, no kids in school so yea, pick a date..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

megatexture
10th February 2013, 10:31 PM
Yea x2on that ill have two kids but not in school so pic a date that suits all

BigRAWesty
10th February 2013, 10:37 PM

To build on this what are you looking at doing?
Raffles and fundraising? Are you looking at covering park costs ot something?
Are you thinking of turning your truck into a billboard?

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

MudRunnerTD
10th February 2013, 11:06 PM
Yea sorry MR, thought I read earlier in the tread to try and miss the school holidays and hopefully the tracks would be quieter.. but yea I'm with you, many need the holidays for there kids..
I'm easy either way, no kids in school so yea, pick a date..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Hey Kallen,

Yeah messing school holiday traffic would be awesome but oh well.

I have read through this thread that most are looking for a 2 week annual leave trip. Is that right? I'd be willing to take three weeks and maybe to the flinders ranges on the way up if we are waiting for WA and SA boys to arrive? That would mean my boy would miss the first week of term 3 at school which is fine.

Keen to hear from people with school kids? What are your thoughts guys.

Pretty keen to lock in a date by the end of the week altuough there really is no rush. Need to get the count down clock happening !!

BigRAWesty
10th February 2013, 11:18 PM
Yea I would love to do a 3er but the wife wants 2.. but I should be right for say a Friday off for travel up to a set point..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

rottodiver
13th February 2013, 04:40 PM
This is a trip I was meant to do last year but there was no way I could get out of work, things have changed now, we will definitely be there if it is in school holidays!!!
Scotty

Winnie
13th February 2013, 04:56 PM
I want to take 3 to 4 weeks off as I've not taken a single day off in the two years I've been here and haven't had a holiday since I was a kid.

Woof
14th February 2013, 01:54 AM
To build on this what are you looking at doing?
Raffles and fundraising? Are you looking at covering park costs ot something?
Are you thinking of turning your truck into a billboard?

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Yep definitely a mobile billboard, with all proceeds going to a nominated charity, only in the planning stages at the moment Westy
Thinking along the lines of a small donation for some of the things that I know that we all will do on the trip, example: getting stuck..lol
May even look at making a DVD of the trip and selling them, again with all proceeds going to charity.

BigRAWesty
14th February 2013, 02:39 AM
Yep definitely a mobile billboard, with all proceeds going to a nominated charity, only in the planning stages at the moment Westy
Thinking along the lines of a small donation for some of the things that I know that we all will do on the trip, example: getting stuck..lol
May even look at making a DVD of the trip and selling them, again with all proceeds going to charity.

Yea a 'fine' setup is a good idea.. well maybe. I might come home broke...:o
If we put it to pat callinghan (mr4x4) or that other 4wd bloke (both patrol drivers) to follow the treck and make a DVD out of it I'm sure there would be some willing sponsors.. just adds to the charity side of things..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

macca86
14th February 2013, 11:24 AM
Great idea.

Winnie
17th February 2013, 09:05 PM
I've got some spending to do before this trip.....

Long range tank
Dual batteries
Rear drawers
Intercooler
Awning

MudRunnerTD
17th February 2013, 09:36 PM
Surely your new rig came with a dual battery setup mate?

Long range tank off eBay.

Awning would be awesome

Make some drawers mate. Tubs are your friend

Winnie
17th February 2013, 09:38 PM
It is wired for dual batteries but when he fitted the new Patroldocta airbox the second battery tray didn't fit. He said all I would have to do is modify a tray to make it fit.

MudRunnerTD
17th February 2013, 09:43 PM
It is wired for dual batteries but when he fitted the new Patroldocta airbox the second battery tray didn't fit. He said all I would have to do is modify a tray to make it fit.

Oh ok. Talk to AB, he has the same air box and the tray. He cut 1 lug off try air box and in it went. Get him to send you a pic mate.

Winnie
17th February 2013, 09:44 PM
Yeah he only modified his because of his snorkel though. I will have to suss it out.

MudRunnerTD
17th February 2013, 09:47 PM
Battery in the back mate

krbrooking
17th February 2013, 11:09 PM
Will be keeping an eye on this. If I have the rig set up to where I would be comfy with doing such an epic trip will be in for sure. See how things pan out.

megatexture
18th February 2013, 01:16 AM
Better get cracking then lol no better way to cross the Simmo than with a pack of patrols lol

Steve4wdin
18th February 2013, 04:47 AM
Has a definate date been set yet?

MudRunnerTD
18th February 2013, 09:50 AM
I will repost this here for some more feedback

Here are the School Holiday dates for all states

Daylight Savings Dates

Given the dates above then i would think someone will be starting early or others will be finishing late??

SA, WA and the Bloody ACT! start a week later than Vic NSW and QLD. Do we ask everyone from there to come a week before the holidays or do Vic NSW and QLD hang around home a week.??

Interesting. Really depends on where all the numbers are coming from?

I'd be happy to start Late for Vic but i am open to discussion?

Maxhead
18th February 2013, 09:54 AM
I'm happy either way, as long as I'm there

..........on the move

macca86
18th February 2013, 10:15 AM
The 1st July we should all meet at the starting point gives everyone a weekend to get there start while school holidays are on. The trip would take 3weeks maybe so not much school is missed works for all states

megatexture
18th February 2013, 10:18 AM
Ill go with the flow as its easy to get time off (own boss:bananadancing:)and no kids in school

Winnie
18th February 2013, 10:42 AM
How long would the actual crossing take? Heard of peoe rushing it in two days. Just an idea but if we need to split into two groups, have one group leave the day before. Then we could do something like drive for a day, rest for a day. That way we could spend every second night as an entire group. Just a thought.

Any dates are fine with me, once it's set I will apply for leave.

Swampy
18th February 2013, 11:56 AM
Done!!! I'm in for sure!

MudRunnerTD
18th February 2013, 12:00 PM
Here are the calendars again

Daylight Savings Dates

Sir Roofy
18th February 2013, 12:46 PM
Im not into school holidays any more,but when i was we just
pulled the kids out of school,lets face it they learnt more
out of school than in it kids can catch up real quick with
all there studies on computers these days,in saying that its
up to the parents its there decition ,its a big call but then so is this
trip and may be the last chance to get the westys over for a big
meet then theres growlers and the ttttt driver
it going to be big so lets give it all we have

just my 2c worth

philfree
18th February 2013, 06:45 PM
Im pretty interested in going and don't need to worry about school holidays so im easy but i am wondering what mods does my leaf sprung gu ute need to get across eg lift, diff locks etc

Winnie
18th February 2013, 06:52 PM
Won't need lockers mate... A stock patrol should be able to do the crossing with some decent ATs or MTs.
I'm not talking from experience though, just what I have heard from others.

Woof
19th February 2013, 03:09 AM
When ever suits me, no kids at school and traveling alone.

Winnie
3rd March 2013, 08:41 PM
Told a mate about this yesterday and he is keen, gave him the thread let's hope he posts up.

lhurley
3rd March 2013, 09:38 PM
I should be in. A fair bit of stuff to do in the mean time.

Sir Roofy
4th March 2013, 10:55 AM
Has date been set ? And a clock being made up

where in and another couple as well

snewin
4th March 2013, 11:24 AM
I'm a definite maybe. We were planning this trip next winter ourselves but as a group of like minded people it'd be far better.

macca
4th March 2013, 11:46 AM
If my D.I.V.O.R.C.E. comes through by then cause thats whats going to happen if I suggest going on another outback trip. LOL

Sir Roofy
4th March 2013, 12:12 PM
if my d.i.v.o.r.c.e. Comes through by then cause thats whats going to happen if i suggest going on another outback trip. Lol

i cant really see your other half missing this one mate
it is going to be big

macca
4th March 2013, 01:05 PM
i cant really see your other half missing this one mate
it is going to be big

I could do the dusting, vacuuming, wash the floors and clean the bathrooms while she is in town doing the shopping, when she is in shock and being resusitated I will say Roofy & Jane asked us to join them in the desert next year, what do you reckon my love?

Should I ask before this years 6 week trip that she's not going on or after?

I await your advice.........

DX grunt
4th March 2013, 01:15 PM
I could do the dusting, vacuuming, wash the floors and clean the bathrooms while she is in town doing the shopping, when she is in shock and being resusitated I will say Roofy & Jane asked us to join them in the desert next year, what do you reckon my love?

Doesn't work for me. That 'tactic' is a not negotiable expectation from my 'better half'. lol.

I've found that pressies get her attention. Then it's hard work from there. PML.

macca
4th March 2013, 01:37 PM
G'day Rosco, hows the west after Rusty?

Then it's hard work from there
Oh well ... what to do?
Sounds bad for me then Rosco.

Stropp
4th March 2013, 01:43 PM
I'm In providing I can get someone to work at my shop while I am away, I will be trying my best!

DX grunt
4th March 2013, 01:44 PM
G'day Rosco, hows the west after Rusty?

We're about 2-3000 km from where it struck, but from what I've seen on the news, up north copped an absolute hiding.

All we got here was extra cloud cover for a day. Been working away and haven't had much tv time.

My navy days have taught me to be 'house trained' lol

Sir Roofy
4th March 2013, 02:11 PM
i could do the dusting, vacuuming, wash the floors and clean the bathrooms while she is in town doing the shopping, when she is in shock and being resusitated i will say roofy & jane asked us to join them in the desert next year, what do you reckon my love?

Should i ask before this years 6 week trip that she's not going on or after?

I await your advice.........

just solong as you put an extra shine on things
i think she might go for it,but you would have to do it
for a couple of weeks after you got home then wean ya self
off it
good luck mate
im sorry i dont have that problem jane,o is willing to go anytime

Sir Roofy
4th March 2013, 05:02 PM
School holidays july 2014 or what for meet in the middle
we should have a target to aim for

MudRunnerTD
4th March 2013, 05:33 PM

Daylight Savings Dates

Well after a fair bit of thinking and thought, giving consideration to all the responses to date regarding the date.....

See you there

Sir Roofy
4th March 2013, 05:46 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhh thanks mudrunner now we have the date makes planning a whole
easier ,ok andy its up to you mate one nice clock in front of a sand dune
can you deliver on this request

Winnie
4th March 2013, 05:47 PM
Good call Daz. I'm bloody excited too bad it's so far away hahahaha but then again I need that long to get ready.

Sir Roofy
4th March 2013, 05:52 PM
Just told jane-o and she,s excited
come on girls get excited and come
along as well
its going to be excellent

MudRunnerTD
4th March 2013, 06:03 PM
i have altered the first post in this thread with the Date.

I will chat with AB about getting the details of this Poll and starting a new one with the date locked in.

Looking good people. This is going to be great.

macca86
4th March 2013, 06:40 PM

See you there

I've suggested that date twice now seems most fair for all states. I can't wait ill get my fuel pump and injectors overhauled this year and Simpson next year. It'll be our 2nd anniversary on the 30/6 so nice honeymoon

MudRunnerTD
4th March 2013, 06:44 PM
I've suggested that date twice now seems most fair for all states. I can't wait ill get my fuel pump and injectors overhauled this year and Simpson next year. It'll be our 2nd anniversary on the 30/6 so nice honeymoon

Yes you have Macca. I just could not lock it in without giving plenty of time for any objections. This date will give everyone 3 full days to get to the site assuming leaving Saturday morning.

The guys in he west indicated that school holidays were not important so the 1st July it is.

Lets go guys!

megatexture
4th March 2013, 06:58 PM
Sweet! Where's the countdown lol tick tock

AB
5th March 2013, 09:53 AM
The site I use for the countdown now have restrictions on customizing the size of the timer....grrr!!!!

Leave it with me, I'll try and find another site.

AB
5th March 2013, 10:12 AM
Does this countdown at the top of the screen look ok for everyone?

Maxhead
5th March 2013, 10:14 AM
Looks good on my side mate, except could you change Adelaide to The Simpson

AB
5th March 2013, 10:25 AM
Looks good on my side mate, except could you change Adelaide to The Simpson

I can't change that bit unfortunately. It's just the time zone set of the state chosen and I can't change it...

Maxhead
5th March 2013, 10:31 AM
I can't change that bit unfortunately. It's just the time zone set of the state chosen and I can't change it...

All good mate...the countdown is ON!!!

Sir Roofy
5th March 2013, 10:37 AM
does this countdown at the top of the screen look ok for everyone?

looks good mate,the time zone for the state is ok

AB
5th March 2013, 10:39 AM
483 days.....Going to be a long countdown....lol

macca86
5th March 2013, 11:06 AM
How exciting. Now to get pat Mr 4x4 4wd tv and action adventure mag on board to cover us sponsor us and raise money for cancer since we've lost members and family from it.

Yendor
5th March 2013, 04:32 PM
Does this countdown at the top of the screen look ok for everyone?

Looks good. All it needs is some party lights :biggrin:

Bob
5th March 2013, 04:37 PM

Who the Hell said that ???
Still havent got over the last lot of Party Lights

RAFLMAO

Yendor
5th March 2013, 04:40 PM
Who the Hell said that ???
Still havent got over the last lot of Party Lights

RAFLMAO

I was waiting for it........lol

The voices in my head made me say it.....lmao

threedogs
5th March 2013, 04:41 PM
482 days Shite not even sure I'll be around in 7 days time let alone that long but will note it somewhere.

Sir Roofy
5th March 2013, 04:44 PM

GOOD ONE RODNEY YOUR RIGHT THAT WOULD BRIGHTEN EVERYONES DAY :clapping:

AB
5th March 2013, 04:45 PM
Woohooo PARTY TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob
5th March 2013, 04:46 PM
Woohooo PARTY TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope your chickens turn into emus and kick your shitehouse down.

I am leaving LOL

threedogs
5th March 2013, 04:47 PM
No party lights, can we have a party light poll please lol

Yendor
5th March 2013, 04:48 PM
What do I see ............Party lights :clapping:

Bob
5th March 2013, 04:48 PM
no.......................................

Bob
5th March 2013, 04:49 PM
no.......................................ha ha

Bob
no....................................... once again

macca86
yay party lights ftw

Bob
5th March 2013, 04:50 PM
no....................................... get them off

Bob
5th March 2013, 04:50 PM
no....................................... dont you listen AB

Sir Roofy
5th March 2013, 04:51 PM
no.......................................

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss loved breaking them

Bob
5th March 2013, 04:52 PM
thank you AB you are a great man

Yendor
5th March 2013, 04:52 PM
So sad they are gone :frown:

AB
5th March 2013, 05:05 PM
Yeah I love em but damn annoying after a while....LMAO

Winnie
5th March 2013, 05:12 PM
Can you make chickens fly across the screen AB?

MudRunnerTD
5th March 2013, 05:20 PM
Thanks for the Count Down Clock AB! Looks great. Can you check Alice Springs time zone. May e that would be better than Adelaide??

Thank you for removing the party lights that would have driven me nuts for 482 days!!!

rottodiver
6th March 2013, 11:26 PM
Is anyone going to be bringing camper trailers or do we think it will be too much of a headache...... I am set up for either!!! We are soon looking forward to this!!!!

macca86
6th March 2013, 11:28 PM
I think we shall be swagging it

rottodiver
6th March 2013, 11:31 PM
I think the swag might be the way to go as well!

MudRunnerTD
6th March 2013, 11:37 PM
At this stage I'm towing the camper. If it ends up that I'm the only one then I might tent it but the misses will be keen on the camper.

In saying that, only good quality purpose built OFFROAD campers are viable please.

GUtsy ute
6th March 2013, 11:37 PM
The SA Parks actually ask you not to take trailers across the Simpson.

They can't stop you, but it is a heated debate as to whether or not they damage the tracks more than just cars.
It is harder on the vehicle and uses more fuel, but it comes down to your choice.

rottodiver
6th March 2013, 11:38 PM
Basically no Chinese ones!!!!!! Australian made all the way!!!

rottodiver
6th March 2013, 11:42 PM
I guess a lot will come down to the track we decide to take as well!!

GUtsy ute
7th March 2013, 12:07 AM
Much more interesting if you detour via (in no particular order) Colson's track, the Rig road, WAA line, Knoll's Track and QAA line, Rather than just follow the French line
all the way across.

Also won't be as crowded, seeing as how it's the school hols.

All just suggestions to make the trip a memorable one.

MudRunnerTD
7th March 2013, 12:22 AM
yep it will be definitely Not the full length of the French Line.

BigRAWesty
7th March 2013, 03:13 AM
Are we looking at a layed back drive?
We just invested in this...
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/03/49.jpg
I'm 6"2 so its big..
Setup and pack down I don't see being an issue, as long as its not 5am or something silky like that due to needing to get going?

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

MudRunnerTD
7th March 2013, 08:13 AM
Yeah it wil be pretty laid back Kallen. I hate travelling with people that have their camp packed at 7am and are sitting in their car running waiting for everyone to roll. Drives me nuts.

Roll by 9am each day. camp by 3 or 4pm each day at the latest.

Keen to head South off the French Line though and get away from the Crowd.

p.s. Practice putting that thing up mate, i have one and there is a fair bit involved in putting it up and pulling it down. Plenty of room though. ;)

Winnie
7th March 2013, 08:20 AM
Are we gonna have any days at all without travel? Would be keen to just relax for a day a couple of times.

AB
7th March 2013, 09:18 AM
Is anyone going to be bringing camper trailers or do we think it will be too much of a headache...... I am set up for either!!! We are soon looking forward to this!!!!

I'm taking the camper for sure!

threedogs
7th March 2013, 09:28 AM
@ MR try waiting for the Range Rover club,
they did a club trip to Maree trip leader was in co-pilots seat lol
They dont rise till 10, then coffee, then ablutions, breakfast,clean up.
etc,etc we at 12 yet lol
@ Kallen that style tent pack up great good choice for a family
may need sand pegs, depending

AB
7th March 2013, 09:32 AM
Thanks for the Count Down Clock AB! Looks great. Can you check Alice Springs time zone. May e that would be better than Adelaide??

Thank you for removing the party lights that would have driven me nuts for 482 days!!!

It only allows states unfortunately mate...

AB
7th March 2013, 09:34 AM
p.s. Practice putting that thing up mate, i have one and there is a fair bit involved in putting it up and pulling it down. Plenty of room though. ;)

I got mine down pat now.....15 minutes!

Drewboyaus
7th March 2013, 10:48 AM
@ MR try waiting for the Range Rover club,
they did a club trip to Maree trip leader was in co-pilots seat lol
They dont rise till 10, then coffee, then ablutions, breakfast,clean up.
etc,etc we at 12 yet lol
@ Kallen that style tent pack up great good choice for a family
may need sand pegs, depending

Hahaha......I've got some mates in the Rangie club.....I know what you mean!
Rodger, over, copy, Rodger, over.....
PML.....

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....

Woof
7th March 2013, 05:27 PM
Thought that this may be of interest to some.
http://www.exploroz.com/TrekNotes/Deserts/Simpson_Desert_French_Line.aspx

NissanGQ4.2
7th March 2013, 05:44 PM
I got mine down pat now.....15 minutes!

I have setting up my tent down pat 2, takes about 2 hours and 3 cases of beer :):):):):):)

Winnie
7th March 2013, 06:35 PM
Mine is 10 seconds... Roll it out then pass out in it

rottodiver
7th March 2013, 06:39 PM
Sometimes rolling it out can be too hard... After the right amount of beer it is just fine rolled up as a pillow!

Winnie
7th March 2013, 06:40 PM
Rookie.... Roll it out before you've had that many beers.

rottodiver
7th March 2013, 06:41 PM
Hahaha thought I was missing a step

BigRAWesty
7th March 2013, 07:12 PM
Sometimes rolling it out can be too hard... After the right amount of beer it is just fine rolled up as a pillow!

I always make it before getting on the beers... Finding it again after is the key...

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

rottodiver
9th March 2013, 06:28 PM
Looking forward to this trip, told Ruth what time we were leaving for the trip last night, the roads we are taking and when.... Surely she has no excuse for us not leaving on time now..... Plenty of notice, even asked when she wanted to start packing for it....
Scotty

MudRunnerTD
9th March 2013, 07:44 PM
Looking forward to this trip, told Ruth what time we were leaving for the trip last night, the roads we are taking and when.... Surely she has no excuse for us not leaving on time now..... Plenty of notice, even asked when she wanted to start packing for it....
Scotty

LMFAO!

Your live in my house!!!

MudRunnerTD
9th March 2013, 07:48 PM
I'm thinking special run T Shirts and Stickers for anyone going on this. Will see a out organizing a 4wdtv camera or talk about what footage they need from our GoPros and HD videos Cams.

There is also some talk about setting up a website linked through NP.com.au for us to have planning stuff.

This is going to be a great trip guys. I will probably start a new thread in the coming week moving forward with another poll now we have a clock and what not.

Bring on 1/7/14

rottodiver
9th March 2013, 07:49 PM
Can't wait!!!!'

Sir Roofy
9th March 2013, 08:04 PM
polo shirts mate the last lot we got are very smart
and with a new logo and name cant wait

nickpeacock36
9th March 2013, 09:02 PM
I thought i had already posted on this. I will be joining the Qld convoy. Been waiting for a trip like this since joining.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

MudRunnerTD
9th March 2013, 09:39 PM
polo shirts mate the last lot we got are very smart
and with a new logo and name cant wait

Thinking a Polo with the forum logo on the front

On the back a big Meetup In the Middle across the back and a list of everyone that makes the trip

Winnie
9th March 2013, 09:46 PM
That'd be good! What about a sticker that says "meet in the middle 2014" we could put just under our NP.com.au stickers on the rigs to sorta advertise it before hand?

rottodiver
9th March 2013, 09:51 PM
That'd be good! What about a sticker that says "meet in the middle 2014" we could put just under our NP.com.au stickers on the rigs to sorta advertise it before hand?

I like that idea!!!!