PDA

View Full Version : Off Road RC Car Championships

04OFF
14th January 2013, 12:20 PM
As most of you may already know, i normally take still photographs, i teamed up with a mate and had a go at making a Video to help premote a RC car club, this is a short edited 6min preview of the footage (with obvious transitions), the full version should be available soon on a DVD.

Filming was the easy part, but the editing has taken weeks :eek:, its our first go so feedback (good or bad) would be good, let me know what you think !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn_ntJmPe8A

AB
14th January 2013, 12:44 PM
Hey mate, loved the camera work, especially the in car one that was the best!

Your narrating and interviewing was good too, no complaints!!!

I do have a negative feedback though if you want honest feedback (you asked for the truth so...lol)....I didn't like the techno/dance music. Too fast and didnt match what the video was about IMO, I'm sure there is other dance techno to choose from but that was a little too "Electric"....I'm not sure what other music to choose though...lol...Something maybe with more deeper beats (more bass) or try rock n roll styles, etc.

threedogs
14th January 2013, 12:50 PM
In car camera great, just make sure guy in short keeps agates tucked in, like the tech talk too . two thumbs up

Sir Roofy
14th January 2013, 01:00 PM
yeah liked the cars and camera work
didnt think the music was for that sort of
excercise,something a bit more up beat i feel

taslucas
14th January 2013, 01:09 PM
Great bit of footage. I liked it, and also wonder how you managed to get Russell quoit to host it! Lol

Tap, crackle, pop

Dhuck
14th January 2013, 01:18 PM
Well done Steve. RC cars are a ball. Both me and my boy have a couple of 1/10 scale electric 4WD buggies.

healy
14th January 2013, 02:45 PM
Good stuff mate music could do with a change maybe some hot potatoe lol

nickpeacock36
14th January 2013, 06:24 PM
Good stuff Steve. I actually have a petrol rc car in the garage but never use it any more. Spent more time trying to start it than actually driving it. Another item for ebay me thinks:)

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

growler2058
14th January 2013, 07:38 PM
Well im hooked!!!! Good job Steve (again)

04OFF
14th January 2013, 09:53 PM
Thanks everyone, good point raised about about the music, and id much rather a honest opinion than a sugar coated one, could i ask what speaker set up you guys listened to it on (ie laptop/hifi/surround sound etc)

I did all my editing in my home theatre room, it is a dedicated room and has pretty good sound equipment, listening to it in my room, the track/s have heaps of punchy Bass and this sometimes even dominates the electronic sound.

On my laptop, it does sound quite tinny, i thought perhaps U-tube conversion may be the issue, so i just played it from the net into my home theatre system, it has lost some noticeable quality (and punch), but still retains a lot of the bottom end sound.

A fair bit of the bass is sub frequency , the master track audio was set for 5.1 DVD sound in the editing sorfware, so you may need a sub to get the most out of it (turned my sub off ,and is still ok but loses a bit of depth as expected)

It is a electronic style, that may not be to everyones taste regardless, could someone confirm they have listened though decent system, perhaps one with a Subwoofer, and let me know please.

Thanks

growler2058
14th January 2013, 09:58 PM
Sorry man didn't even pay attention to the sound ooops ;)
Too busy thinking how do I tell wifey I need 3k for a rc car

Slap N Tap ;)

AB
14th January 2013, 10:25 PM
I was just using crappy headphones off the pc mate, I'll try tomorrow with better speakers.

04OFF
14th January 2013, 11:34 PM
Sorry man didn't even pay attention to the sound ooops ;)
Too busy thinking how do I tell wifey I need 3k for a rc car

Bwahahaahaahhaha ! :D

I had a drive around the track for the first time yesterday, OMG it is so much more fun on a decent track, well it was, until i rolled it with the camera still attached to the roof ! :smile:

I was just using crappy headphones off the pc mate, I'll try tomorrow with better speakers.

Thanks Andy

timbar
15th January 2013, 05:02 AM
footage was good dunno bout the sound i had it muted ....missus sitting too close .....im banned from hobby shops for a little while since she found out how much i have been spending there ....damn eftpos machine the tell the banks everything and then the bank statements tell the missus .....and now im banned heres a pic of mine

Sir Roofy
15th January 2013, 10:16 AM
Was using the lappy crap sound any ways

rusty_nail
15th January 2013, 11:40 AM
top work mate, was a good watch, somthing different. nice camera work hey thanks for sharing!

Maxhead
15th January 2013, 12:22 PM
Wow, just saw the video. Great work mate, these things are awesome.
Thanks for sharing Steve, great camera work and editing......and yeah the music is like something out of mario bros...lol

threedogs
15th January 2013, 01:23 PM
You have a home theatre room!, ,Can't find mine?, Growler wheres my home theatre room?
It's not the little room with the roll of paper in it is it, I'll keep looking.

04OFF
15th January 2013, 02:32 PM
You have a home theatre room!, ,Can't find mine?, Growler wheres my home theatre room?
It's not the little room with the roll of paper in it is it, I'll keep looking.

Haha !, well you can watch movies in that little room, but i dont reccomend it, you may hear unwanted low end frequencies, and i bet it will sound like s#!t :hpfredgeorge1:

I dont know how i could have done the editing without my HT room, sitting at a desk would have killed me i think, and being a soundproofed room, let me work at any hour and not disturb anyone.

This is what one should look like (no toilet paper in sight)

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/b397f082.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/674e73e2.jpg

AB
15th January 2013, 02:52 PM
I'm so jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!