PDA

View Full Version : Something a little different

GUtsy ute
13th January 2013, 12:46 PM
We saw this unusual tree in The East McDonnell Ranges near Alice Springs.

I have been looking at photos of previous trips and came across these pics of it.
Hope you find it as interesting as we did.

No doubt some of you will have seen it before and enjoy seeing it again.
I added a pic of the gorge it was in as well.
Don't you just love Australia, with places like this to visit.
Hmm, I can feel another trip coming on!!

http://i994.photobucket.com/albums/af61/GUtsyute/TrephinaGorgeEastMacdonnellRanges60_zpse7d460bf.jp g

http://i994.photobucket.com/albums/af61/GUtsyute/TrephinaGorgeEastMacdonnellRanges59_zps9e617026.jp g

http://i994.photobucket.com/albums/af61/GUtsyute/TrephinaGorgeEastMacdonnellRanges73_zps45f35118.jp g

megatexture
13th January 2013, 01:28 PM
thanks for sharing the pics its an awsome place might have to refresh myself and go look at our pics also =]

did you see the memorial burnout pad made for the biker that died on the main road heading out to the east ranges? best memorial ive ever seen ill see if i can find a pic

Lewy
13th January 2013, 01:31 PM
Absolutely stunning country we live in!!!!!!!!! Thanks for showing :-)

Lewy

threedogs
13th January 2013, 02:01 PM
Why would you want to live anywhere else, lucky country, hell yeah

Timmo
13th January 2013, 02:05 PM
Nice pics man..........................................

krbrooking
13th January 2013, 02:36 PM
Absolutely amazing, it looks almost like a land dwelling lilly pad, I have never seen anything like that.
Not sure if you are able to notice the distinctive silver tinge in the tree but these were all along our travels from Isralite bay (near Esperance Wa) to Point Culver ( at the tip of the bight over looking Bilbunya dunes).

GUtsy ute
13th January 2013, 02:50 PM
thanks for sharing the pics its an awsome place might have to refresh myself and go look at our pics also =]

did you see the memorial burnout pad made for the biker that died on the main road heading out to the east ranges? best memorial ive ever seen ill see if i can find a pic

Is this the one mega?
It's great.

http://i994.photobucket.com/albums/af61/GUtsyute/EastMacdonnellRange10July200989_zps168c32d0.jpg

GUtsy ute
13th January 2013, 02:57 PM
Absolutely amazing, it looks almost like a land dwelling lilly pad, I have never seen anything like that.
Not sure if you are able to notice the distinctive silver tinge in the tree but these were all along our travels from Isralite bay (near Esperance Wa) to Point Culver ( at the tip of the bight over looking Bilbunya dunes).
Nice pic kr,
They look really nice with that silver touch to them.

They will be something to look for when we are over that way.

wildgu6
15th January 2013, 07:05 PM
Great shots Gav'. Love the 3rd one, the color and the landscape look amazing. Top shot!
Did ya get a snap of yourself sittin on the Harley, MegaT would of for sure lol.
Better get that windscreen seen too as well, you know what they say about chips, they soon spread and crack and before you know it, a cheap fix turns into a new windscreen.

GUtsy ute
15th January 2013, 08:30 PM
Great shots Gav'. Love the 3rd one, the color and the landscape look amazing. Top shot!
Did ya get a snap of yourself sittin on the Harley, MegaT would of for sure lol.
Better get that windscreen seen too as well, you know what they say about chips, they soon spread and crack and before you know it, a cheap fix turns into a new windscreen.

Hi Pete,
No, didn't get a shot of me sitting on it!!
Only thought of it afterwards, too busy taking pics.

There is so many places like that gorge to photograph out there,that you are never stuck for something to take pics of.

Got that chip courtesy of a Greyhound bus.
Had to replace the screen when I sold that ute.

wildgu6
15th January 2013, 09:18 PM
There is so many places like that gorge to photograph out there,that you are never stuck for something to take pics of.

Yer mate, even though our gov' is screwing up the country, its places like that, that still make us the lucky country.
Theres a place up near Alice i wouldnt mind checking out, Palm Valley in Finke gogre national park, some friends have been there and said it was awsome.
Apparently you cant see it from flat land, its sunken . you dont know its there till you enter it. sounds great.

megatexture
16th January 2013, 01:33 AM
Is this the one mega?
It's great.

Yea that's the one best one ive seen to date and gets used also lol

here is one i took

Astro
16th January 2013, 09:10 AM
http://i994.photobucket.com/albums/af61/GUtsyute/TrephinaGorgeEastMacdonnellRanges59_zps9e617026.jp g

Interesting plant that one.

We first noticed it at the Desert Park in Alice. If you haven't been there, do it.

pearcey
16th January 2013, 09:46 AM
G`day all.
Those trees are found through out the western deserts. If Macca and his party keep an eye out they should see quite a few
on their Canning trip.There were a few at Georgia Bore buck in June.
Thats a great memorial. In our travels we have see a lot of memorials to guys and girls from simple crosses to stone monuments with full bottles of beer, boots ,or some personal effect which meant so much to it`s owner or their friends. The greatest thing is you find these in the most unlikely places.

melcor
16th January 2013, 05:57 PM
top spot .. love to get out that way one day

Nissanpatrolgirl
17th January 2013, 06:52 PM
WOW we do live in the lucky country.