PDA

View Full Version : Torque converter.

Jacket_1985
12th January 2013, 08:52 PM
OK, so i have searched, it doesn't even tell me in my workshop manual. . . . . i need to know 2 simple things.

1: What is the fluid i am putting in my torque converter?
2: And how much?.

The converter is from a 2005 ZD30 patrol.

nissannewby
12th January 2013, 10:20 PM
You could use the oil which is recommended for the 3.0 auto trans as it gets pumped from the tranny to the torque converter anyway.

Jacket_1985
12th January 2013, 10:30 PM
You could use the oil which is recommended for the 3.0 auto trans as it gets pumped from the tranny to the torque converter anyway.

i found reference to that in my searches, some say fill it up half way, others say only 2quarts, its a bit weird for me. . . i dont like auto's.

nissannewby
12th January 2013, 10:51 PM
As long as there is something in it before initial start you should be right just re check your oil after it has run for a short period.

NissanGQ4.2
12th January 2013, 10:58 PM
As long as there is something in it before initial start you should be right just re check your oil after it has run for a short period.

x 2, had a quick look in the GU manual and can't find any info.

When I done my auto gearbox rebuild I don't recall putting in any set amount of gearbox fluid, I think the gu auto is the same box as my GQ

lhurley
13th January 2013, 12:21 AM
Assuming that there is no difference in the newer autos, from memory it 11.8L dry, ie torque converter and sump, and about 5-6L for a change. Im guessing your doing a service? If so out back in what you take out, then check the level and adjust as required. I use Castrol Transmax Z oil, expensive but good.

Jacket_1985
13th January 2013, 09:07 AM
ok, cheers guys.