PDA

View Full Version : Four Wheel Drive Driver Training

lorrieandjas
10th January 2013, 03:49 PM
Hey all - similar to my other post curious what formal driver training you might have had!

Jas

Steve4wdin
10th January 2013, 04:08 PM
Hey Jas, There is nothing to click on to vote. However I did basic and sand would like to do a advanced and survival.
Steve

lorrieandjas
10th January 2013, 04:14 PM
Hey mate - not sure what's happening? I've already voted so I can't see the voting buttons. Might be one for AB? Anyone else able to vote on the poll?

Jas

AB
10th January 2013, 04:17 PM
Hey Jas, There is nothing to click on to vote. However I did basic and sand would like to do a advanced and survival.
Steve

Hey mate Ive already voted too but it looked ok to me when I voted. Have a look at the top of the screen can you see the options and the buttons to click?

Wheres your avatar gone as well?

Bob
10th January 2013, 04:19 PM
This site was unreachable 5/10 Minutes ago. Log out and back in might fix your Problem. I can see the Voting Buttons

Steve4wdin
10th January 2013, 04:23 PM
Hey mate Ive already voted too but it looked ok to me when I voted. Have a look at the top of the screen can you see the options and the buttons to click?

Hey Andy, I think its broken !

lorrieandjas
10th January 2013, 04:26 PM
Thanks AB and Bob!

Jas

Sir Roofy
10th January 2013, 05:03 PM
there you go jas all done mate

lorrieandjas
10th January 2013, 05:20 PM
there you go jas all done mate

Thanks roofy!

Jas

Steve4wdin
10th January 2013, 05:57 PM

Andy, Found the problem, it was ME. now I just have to get my avatar back.

Jas I have now voted. Me stupid. I changed my email address and didn`t update from email.

Steve

lorrieandjas
10th January 2013, 05:58 PM
Andy, Found the problem, it was ME. now I just have to get my avatar back.

Jas I have now voted. Me stupid. I changed my email address and didn`t update from email.

Steve

Thanks Steve!

Jas

BigRAWesty
11th January 2013, 09:37 AM
Well it seems very even.

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Rustyboner81
11th January 2013, 09:42 AM
Just 4x4 and vehicle recovery

93patrol
11th January 2013, 11:01 PM
my Dad used to be an istructor with northside double diffs 4x4 club in perth so i grew up with him training all the new 4by drivers and then when i brought my first 4by he trained me, probably not a recognised ticket or anything probably more experience than anything i guess

Woof
12th January 2013, 12:04 AM
I voted Other, as I have learnt just about everything from my local 4WD Club..........www.westernpatrolclub.com

Ben-e-boy
12th January 2013, 09:49 PM
I have never done a course but I'm looking at joining a club when I find one close with people who like to drive the same stuff as I do then I will have to do one.
I dont know what goes on or what to the courses actually teach you?

outback
29th January 2013, 02:25 PM
I just put 'work related' but the Army covers advanced, bush, sand, recovery, water crossings, etc.. So I did not want to sound greedy in making multiple choices. Any way this was back when I was young though most has stuck somewhere in the back of my mind. Not sure if it all counts now days. Might look at some refresher at some point.

TimE
29th January 2013, 02:56 PM
Did mine through the 4WD Club, formal training covered everything over a 12 month period. Fully accredited trainer, ended up with my "ticket" for "Nationally Recognised Training".

The formal training followed on from years of experience and on the track training received via various Club members.

Its amazing how you think you know most of it, only to find the more you learn the less you really did know :)

Morton
4th February 2013, 11:07 PM
I have done basic & advanced though a professional mob from Sydney but joined a club to get the experience, been in the same club for 8 yrs now

outback
4th March 2013, 10:41 AM
As posted earlier I might do a refresher.
Well did one. Interesting. It did drag out all the old knowledge but I did learn at least one thing, the ZD30 is not as bad as I thought. Though I would have preferred to do it in my old GQ 4.2. Any way I must admit it was interesting even though I was running with highway tyres not my new ATs and I am about 1000 km past service.
The importance from my perspective was pulling old knowledge from years ago out to the front. The thing that staggered me the most was some of the people on the course had not bothered to fit rated recovery points and assumed tie downs will do or use unrated points that came with their bull bar as ok. The bull bar ones are part of the bull bar not separate bolt ons.

Drewboyaus
4th March 2013, 01:44 PM
Depends on what bull bar. The ARB one on my GQ has recovery points already on the bar.....and they are perfectly ok....
Alloy bar, different story!

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....

threedogs
4th March 2013, 04:57 PM
ARB did beef up those holes on the bullbars by welding an extra washer onto it, not ideal IMO.
I cut them off with the grinder. I have other options........I bought a GU

mudski
5th March 2013, 09:03 AM
Back in the day when I had my MK shorty I had done and completed a intermediate and advance 4wd training course. The advance one went for three days. The stuff I did on the advanced course I would never do for fun. But this was 15 years ago. I remember a lot of the things I was tought but being so long between drinks its taken me a while to get back into it. Plus my troll is my work car and can't really afford to be off the road...