PDA

View Full Version : Trying to remove MAF Unit to Clean

eph444
9th January 2013, 08:25 PM
Hi guys just need some help or guidence on to remove the MAF Unit. I know from other posts I'm not supposed to unscrew the 4 small screws.

My issue is the 4 screws attaching the MAF uint to the Air Filter box. When I try to unscrew the bolt the square washers on the inside start to turn as well and cut through the plastic.

Any suggestions how to either stop them from turning or getting the bolts out?

I've tried to hold the washer with needle nose plyers while i turn the bolt but its not stopping the washer from turning.

Please help.

Cheers

Paul

krbrooking
9th January 2013, 08:40 PM
I had the same prob mate, but I was able to use the needle nose pliers try spray with crc or wd40 give a bit and try again other wise do the bigger hammer trick and try get a set of needle nose with longer handles as the longer they are the more leverage you get.

Sir Roofy
9th January 2013, 08:53 PM
is this the same

eph444
9th January 2013, 09:01 PM
Thanks for that I sprayed it and will try again and get bigger pliers. Just glad to know its not just me..... such a simple thing to do but I always run into issues!!! lol

beaST_01-dell
9th March 2013, 03:14 AM
There is a thread in, mechanical: Engine and drivetrain. It explains what to do....... :-) http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?597-Checking-and-cleaning-MAF-sensors

threedogs
9th March 2013, 08:58 AM
What model is yours, only two torq screws holding in my MAF on 04 3lt GU

beaST_01-dell
9th March 2013, 07:11 PM
Same same for a 2001 4.8L

nickpeacock36
9th March 2013, 08:46 PM
Zd30 2 screws. Real simple. Which engine?

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

mudski
21st May 2013, 08:11 PM
Old thread, but for anyone looking I take the OP has an RD28. If you undo the four screws and try to remove the cover plate you will damage the wiring inside and deem it unrepairable. To remove the RD28 MAF it to remove the entire cylindrical unit. It's only two hose clamps and its off.
The TB48 MAF looks similar to the RB28, comes as a large round Cylindrical unit, but it has two screws not four hold the electrical section in.

trekster
21st May 2013, 10:08 PM
Old thread, but for anyone looking I take the OP has an RD28. If you undo the four screws and try to remove the cover plate you will damage the wiring inside and deem it unrepairable. To remove the RD28 MAF it to remove the entire cylindrical unit. It's only two hose clamps and its off.
The TB48 MAF looks similar to the RB28, comes as a large round Cylindrical unit, but it has two screws not four hold the electrical section in.

Yep thats what I did when I cleaned mine, Just unclamped the whole assembly and took it out, then sprayed straight through and cleaned it up!!!