PDA

View Full Version : 93 GQ Maverick bits and pieces

Ducer
8th January 2013, 10:44 PM
Hi all,

Bought a white, 93 GQ maverick the other week and I have started the hunt for bits and pieces to do it up a little.

I guess beggars can't be choosers but I would prefer that they are in good condition.

I know, I know... as soon as I take it off road they'll probably get destroyed anyway... but... after helping to rebuild a couple of cars in the past, I can't help myself :icon_bonk:

So far, I have been to halls 4x4 and got some of the stuff from there and i have spoken to spoken to patrolapart and 4x4part.com.au and have a list for them too.

I am hoping that some of the members may have had these parts in the garage for the last 15 years after pulling them off their cars (ha ha ha... well here's hoping).

Alternatively, any advice would be great

So anyhoos, evEn though a few may be like hens teeth, here is a list of parts that I am after:

clean and straight white front flares and the white/grey rear flares

1 (or more?) white rim with red pin stripe (no rust)

small and large barn door hinge covers (4 in total)

overhead center console. The type that runs from front to back in the middle of the roof. Would like space for UHF radio, maps and spare ciggies

jack tools that live in the pouch under the back seat (need the end one mainly, not sure what its called)

a lighter that stays in when you push it in (have now bought 2 that don't stay in. Common problem?)

electric antenna

ford rear wheel center hub cap covers (from memory mine have the white face, cars at the mechanics so can't see it)

Once I get the car back from the mech's, I am sure there will be a few more to add.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Dave

AB
8th January 2013, 11:14 PM
My lighter does that too...lol....bloody thing!!!

Clunk
9th January 2013, 12:02 AM
Jeez mate, sounds like your getting yours ready for a concourse lol

Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....

Ducer
9th January 2013, 12:19 AM
(Dam lighters!!!)

Jeez mate, sounds like your getting yours ready for a concourse lol

Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....

Haha, yeeaaah... For a 20 year old car, it's as straight and as clean as they come and apart from the 2" lift and alpine stereo, its stock. Would like to get it to some sort of state before I start really changing things up on it. Call me nostalgic, but hey. It's a beautiful car!

(writting that just brought a Hollywood tear to my eye!)

Clunk
9th January 2013, 01:00 AM
Reckon you need to get some pics up and show off your pride n joy

Rustyboner81
9th January 2013, 07:12 AM
you'd be dreaming about the antenna. go to car audio shop and see what they got a universal antenna fitted will set you back a coyple hundred or fit it yourself. i havent git round to doin it myself but i believe when i was checkin ot out it was about $120 for the unit

Ducer
9th January 2013, 10:49 AM
Cheers for that. Will do and ill keep you posted on how it works out

Ducer
19th January 2013, 09:17 PM
Scrap the above... Given up restoring and am now putting on -

Koni springs and shocks, custom 4" S/S snorkel, ironman bullbar, tigers11 grande winch, BFGoodrich (32 or 33's), dual battery set up, fyrlyt spotties, custom rock sliders, rear draws diff breathers and I'm sure more things will com along.

Drewboyaus
19th January 2013, 11:19 PM
Now that sounds like a plan!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk