PDA

View Full Version : 2.8/3.0 Diesel Chips!

Timbo
26th November 2010, 04:29 PM
Donatorstore (http://www.donatorstore.eu/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1368_3342_3343&products_id=7418&zenid=120deb3da0098138de3308bf4d84776e)

Found this tasty link on another forum. It appears there's a company in Europe doing diesel chips for about $250aus landed, with a chip cut off switch. They are cheaper without the cut off.

I'm waiting on reports from some of the gurus over on the other forum, but I'm definitely keen on buying one. As someone mentioned from another forum about these chips, "No way on donkey **** is a variable resistor worth $1000" and I reckon he's spot on.

Apparently you can make diesel chips from parts bought from Jaycar lol.. i didn't know that. We are all fooled into thinking they are some kind of super-dooper technology. We get pretty shafted because we are gullible at times.

No-one has fitted one yet and tested it (maybe days away from that though) so I may eat my own words here, but reading the websites description, it looks to do pretty much the same thing.

They come with an in-line fuse which apparently the top brands don't and adjustment is done via a grub screw so there are no pre-set settings. I guess you can ramp up the chip until something blows up. Not a great idea for beginners, but certainly for those of us willing to research on how far things can go, it's promising.

I haven't read all of the website yet, but I didn't see anything about 4.2's. However, they might be under another section.

I read that the 3.0 chips are plug and play whereas the 2.8's require some wiring, but nothing too difficult. One member from the other forum was going to attempt it this weekend (27/11/10) on his 2.8, so we'll wait and see.

Promising stuff! 30% more power for $250? HELL YES! :049: :049: :bowdown:

wildgu6
26th November 2010, 07:36 PM
Nice one Timbo, :hijacked::hijacked: Hi Jacking another forum.:hijacked::hijacked: Like your style buddy.
Why didnt I think of that.:1087::1087:
Will stay posted. Look forward to seeing the outcome.
Like you said, cheap power add on, I like it a lot.

Cheers Pete

beansathome
26th November 2010, 10:10 PM
would love to see the link to have a read.

arinol
26th November 2010, 11:58 PM
well yeah as i understand i dont think those cheaper diesel chips are really worth it all they do is usually the same thing one can do with the old 2.8 by turning up the diesel input in the engine, it shure works but shortens your engines life unlesh you do some other mods like oil cooler fan plus a radiator fan in the case of the 2,8 swaping the radiotor for a three layer one is a must however zd3.0 came with 3 layer radiators at least since 04. the more expensive ones also do the same thing but often they also go the other way and make it more economic as well as havin variable diesel input depending on how much throtle you use. so if you got a 2.8 its very much pointless becouse its very easy to increase the diesel input mecanically just take off the seal turn up the input half a notch or so and turn back the thing for the slow running speed. however for the 3.0 greanade its probably just trouble since the reasone most of them go boom is precisely becouse of too much diesel for too litle air so i don't think its very clever due to air measur thing faleiour.

however do not despair send the makers an email and ask if it changes the diesel input variably depending on the throtle, i recon its a safer choice because it wont be makeing your engine work too hard when its allready was working alot if you know what i mean.

my third 256
27th November 2010, 07:49 AM
hi guys have a read of this in our furum under( ebay cheep diesel power chip )
has some imfo
stephen

Timbo
28th November 2010, 04:36 PM
well just ordered one of these today so hopefully I'll have it in a week or so.

I've read one report so far that it works very well so we'll soon find out I guess.

Will keep you updated.

The LINK is in the first post up the top.

big_fletch
28th November 2010, 08:54 PM
Sounds good Timbo i rememba you telling me about these on the weekend, let us know how you go with it.. Though for the price you would think couldnt go far wrong

Garreth
28th November 2010, 09:37 PM
Hey guys,

I just clicked on the link at the top of the page, where the photo of a red aluminumn case is with the words 'ingrandisci' below it appears. Clicked on that picture and it enlarges the picture.

Sorry to say but that looks exactly the same as the 'No Limit Tuning' chip that sells on fleabay for $149,(from a seller in Germany) the only one differance is the colour, theirs are black and no flash sticker.
But same plug, conduit, fuse and shape of the aluminumn box.

Does anyone know if these are water tight/proof or if the board is sealed??

Dont want to put anyone off just my 2c worth.

Garreth

Timbo
28th November 2010, 10:19 PM
They could very well be direct copies of another brand. Just because it looks like a particular brand, doesn't mean it is. The Europeans have had more experience with diesel cars than us I dare say and generally their technology is far ahead of ours. I'm happy to give it a crack for the small price.

Not sure if they are water proof but I wont be mounting mine in the engine bay anyway. It will be in the cab under the dashboard.

smiffy3011
29th November 2010, 05:11 PM
I have one here, will be fitting it this week and posting the results on both forums.

Timbo
29th November 2010, 07:00 PM
I have one here, will be fitting it this week and posting the results on both forums.

Cool man. I'm pretty damn excited about it personally. Would love the 2.8 to go harder than the 3.0's. Having a bit more power quicker down low will really help. The fuel economy I'm not too worried about. I was prepared to use more fuel to gain a bit more power, but results are showing a saving on fuel by not having to use the accelerator as much (im guessing) so that's great.

Glad to see you over on these forums too Smiffy.

sa_on_patrol
7th December 2010, 11:20 AM
I have also ordered and waiting on one. Will let you know how it goes.

Here is a copy direct from the website.

Nissan Patrol 2.8 TD 110 -129 HP
250.00EUR
Sale: 100.00EUR
Save: 60% off
The VPM20 Add-on tuning unit works by modifying the electronic signals from electronic Bosch or Zexel diesel pump.
The Box fit NISSAN 2.8 TD models .
The VPM20 Additional Box add-on tuning unit senses and responds to changes in engine load/speed throughut the range of acleration. With the Powerbox pressure accumulates faster and is readily maintained to deliver more power and torque. The result is smooth and responsive acceleration that produces sportier handling. The increased torque produced by the VPM20 tuning unit enables the engine to operate more efficiently, so fuel consumption is minimized.

The VPM20 Powerbox will not override the safe operating parameters of your engine and does not change or interfere with ECU functioning.

The VPM20 add-on tuning unit has an adjustment screw that has been pre-set to provide a modest improvement. However, most vehicles require a higher setting to achieve optimal power gains. The unit can be easily adjusted by using a small screw driver.

- Up to 20% - 25% increase in power and 30% increase in torque
- Reducing consumption by up to 10%.
- Improved fuel efficiency (an average of 2.5 MPG!)
- No increased emissions
- No interference to the Electronic Control Unit (ECU); original settings are not altered
- Will not harm your engine,does not increase injection pressure
- Will not alter engine diagnostics functioning
- Will not interfere with engine error code sensing
- Does not change the service intervals required for your vehicle

- Without OEM plugs but no soldering required
- Illustrated installation instructions in English included

The installation is not simple because pump connector are bad position but it can be made in 30-60 minutes !
The Box for this model have not Plug&Play connector and must be connected with Scotch Lock connector (Plug&Play not exists) does not require stripping or cutting of wire.
Also this Box can be connect with same Scotch Lock connector direct on car engine controller (ECU).
If the buyer wish remote control with on/off function, must add +50£ !

* Model: VPM20
* 28 Units in Stock
* Manufactured by: Nissan

Timbo
7th December 2010, 11:44 AM
Well I received mine yesterday and fitted it up.

I bought the chip with the wireless remote to turn it off/on whenever I want.

Trying to tune it but it's being difficult. I either get lots of short burst revs on idle, and if I win the adjuster the other way, it runs really rough like it wants to stall. I can't get it to settle down in-between. Might have to reset the ECU and try again.

Timbo
7th December 2010, 07:29 PM
Ok, finally got the chip tuned up. Turns out it was wound way way too high. Have turned it down and she idles smooth again.

What a difference!! I recommend anyone with a 2.8 to buy one of these chips. Best $240 you'll spend on your 4WD.

I'm able to cruise up hills in 4th & 5th whereas before it was always 3rd for certain hills. She goes a hell of a lot better now. 1st is such a quick gear change now when taking off. The boost hits and she's off. Ok, it's not a race car, but compared to the old doughy acceleration it had, It's pretty damn good now. I might be able to beat a cyclist off the line now! haha.

Ian2011
24th January 2012, 05:17 PM
Hey Timbo, seen this thread and was wondering if the product was as good as you thought it was at first. I have looked at the link at the start of the thread and from what I can tell they are still for sale although dont understand the language and with the euro in its current state of demise, it may be a good time to get one if you still think it was worth it.

Any feedback appreciated

keith_minky
10th April 2012, 12:16 PM
Hi mate

I cant find the link for these chips. Could you point me to them.

Thanks

robbo0001
11th April 2012, 09:33 PM
Got one of these coming from the Donator mob for the 2.8TD Gu, without the wireless remote.
Currently 146 Aussie dollars delivered, will wire in an isolator switch for the cab to turn it of, as required.

Confident I have learnt the max/peak range of the boost pressure and exhaust temp in our vehicle, if this thing causes any massive or wild fluctuations...I will uninstall it.
Interested to see if the gains are "as discussed" in other Forums.
Cheers

gbab01
15th April 2012, 01:08 PM
Hi. Slipped one of these in on my 2.8 about a month ago. Works well. I didn't bother with the remote - bought the standard and put in a on/off switch hard wired which cost about $5 from Jaycar. Mounted mine in the cab down near the drivers right foot. Have it "tuned" conservatively at the moment as I am installing EGT and Boost gauges to monitor what is going on. I might tweek it up a tad then. I don't have it on all the time but when I do there is a definite increase in power and drivability. Found the seller helpful and price was WAY better than anything else going around - but I expect some of the others may be a bit fancier in the way they work? Interestingly, I opened up the box and it is half empty - not a lot to them - bit I have heard other brands are the same. Try this http://www.donatorstore.eu/shop or just Google Donatorstore. Look for the translation flag at the top of the page. Cheers.

chrysler62
15th April 2012, 02:02 PM
Just some info on chips. Most of the cheaper ones only intruduce more fuel thus costing you more and shortening the life of the engine. That's why they are cheap. The dearer ones do much more than introduce more fuel. There's about ten different parameters that they moniter and adjust. Air flow, injector timing and duration, and fuel pressure on the common rail engines are just a few. This all helps to prolong the life of the engine without compromising on power, torque and fuel. For the most part fuel consumption will not change under normal driving conditions. Towing is where the difference is as fuel consumption can be reduced. The best performance can be gained with a 3" exhaust system as well.

With the correct cable and program the parameters on the Tunit chip can be changed to overcome small problems that may arise, with consultation from the supplier. The variable resistor in these chips is for de-tuning or tuning up the performance of the engine according to your needs. Of all the chips available there is only chip that puts their money were there mouth is. Tunit have a 3 year warranty and then offer a 12 month warranty on engine and driveline for any vehicle up to 5 years old.

My advice, the cheaper chips might be easier on your pocket now, but if you plan on keeping your beloved Patrol for a long time then pay the extra for a dearer chip, or you might just be paying out for a new engine as well.

robbo0001
15th April 2012, 04:14 PM
Ummm...thanks for the paid advertisement for Tunit?:wink:

I know what you mean, I will still be interested to see what happens on a NON-common rail 2.8L turbo.
If its looks like fragging something in my engine....its gone.
Waiting for the next batch of ECU Talk to be manufactured....once I have the ECU Talk to monitor other engine stats, along with boost and pyro readings on the guages, I will be confident in making any long term decision regarding the chip.

brooks
15th April 2012, 06:23 PM
Hey all I am really intrigued about all this info, as I ended up having to rebuild my whole engine not 2months after bying it due to the over heating probs with the 2.8td's. Was not happy as I believe the prob was already there when I bought it but the sly salesman slipt a warranty waver into the docs I was signing when I bought it, so much for the security of buying from a car yard. I am thinking of a decent exhaust system with extractors as it will be more inclined to expell the heat instead of create more heat as I already have an egt and boost gauge and my egt reaches temps of around 500 degrees on an extended hill climb on the black stuff but I also think my car could be over fueling a bit but I am not 100% sure as I need to get onto a dyno to see what is happening internally. I am also not sure of the exact max temps that the exhaust should be putting out. I am also waiting for the bank balance to recover from the rebuild to start investigating on what to modify next but anyone who drives the 2.8 knows that they could definitely do with more torque. The other thing I will be looking into is getting the turbo to come in sooner and last longer rather than such a short drastic burst. I will definitely but keeping an eye on to see what the results are.

coreysgu
22nd April 2012, 04:41 PM
Ok, finally got the chip tuned up. Turns out it was wound way way too high. Have turned it down and she idles smooth again.

What a difference!! I recommend anyone with a 2.8 to buy one of these chips. Best $240 you'll spend on your 4WD.

I'm able to cruise up hills in 4th & 5th whereas before it was always 3rd for certain hills. She goes a hell of a lot better now. 1st is such a quick gear change now when taking off. The boost hits and she's off. Ok, it's not a race car, but compared to the old doughy acceleration it had, It's pretty damn good now. I might be able to beat a cyclist off the line now! haha.

hi, im new to the site and have just bought the same chip in which you are speaking about. I didnt recieve any fitting instruction with the chip is there any chance someone could post pics of where the two gold wires have to be joined to? or just explain if thats easier for you to do. any help would be appriciated.

gbab01
22nd April 2012, 05:46 PM
I have the instructions. Let me find them and I will scan and try to attach to a reply. Cheers.

growler2058
22nd April 2012, 05:49 PM
hi, im new to the site and have just bought the same chip in which you are speaking about. I didnt recieve any fitting instruction with the chip is there any chance someone could post pics of where the two gold wires have to be joined to? or just explain if thats easier for you to do. any help would be appriciated.

Gday mate welcome aboard Jump over to the intro thread mate and say Gday something we ask all members cheers

coreysgu
22nd April 2012, 07:13 PM
I have the instructions. Let me find them and I will scan and try to attach to a reply. Cheers.

ok thanks a lot. great help on here already.

coreysgu
22nd April 2012, 07:13 PM
Gday mate welcome aboard Jump over to the intro thread mate and say Gday something we ask all members cheers

ok mate will do.

gbab01
22nd April 2012, 08:33 PM
Ok here you go. I will keep an eye on this thread to assist where I can. It makes more sense once you have the plugs opened up (which I found tricky but once I worked that out it was smooth sailing). I would advise against using the scotch locks supplied. I just stripped back a bit of the insulation and soldered the connections.

One other thing I remember was I used a multi meter to establish the 12v wire as if I remember correctly the colours were not as you would have expected as written in the instructions (I think).

If you didn't get the on/off version I would suggest an on/off toggle switch in the cabin. I also have just installed a turbo boost gauge and will be putting in an EGT so I can keep an eye on engine temps.

Hopefully the scan is readable - if not I will work something else out for you. Cheers.

coreysgu
22nd April 2012, 10:20 PM
mate you are a dead set champion thanks a lot.

gbab01
23rd April 2012, 10:32 AM
No worries Coreysgu. Happy to help. I knew there was a reason I didn't bin the instructions. I am new to the forum as well and have found it to be really helpful so don't hesitate to ask any further questions. There always seems to be someone out there with the answer or can point in the right direction.

krbrooking
25th April 2012, 02:40 PM
Hi all I was just wondering if anyone has any feed back on their chips affecting their temps. I am brooks's son and was the one that posted the msg further up on this page through his profile but have now decided to get my own. I was also wondering if anyone had any suggestions on some exhaust systems with extractors.

gbab01
25th April 2012, 03:04 PM
Hi. I am installing a EGT soon to monitor just that. This chip does deliver more fuel and I understand that can lead to increased temperatures. I use the chip conservatively for that reason. Looking at the normal temp. gauge I haven't noticed any difference. Once I get the EGT in I wil be taking notice of the temps with it on and off to get an idea. I have the chip wound right back until I am able to see what is going on with the temps. Even wound back it makes a difference to the car though so I suggest cranking it up would provide more power but to what detriment I am not sure. I have also noticed an increase in idle of about 50 rpm when the chip is on. I don't notice any difference in the boost readings be it on or off (still max out about 12 either way).

This is my first diesel and from what I hear overheating them is a bad thing. That's why I am just taking it easy and installing the EGT.

There are plenty of other chips out there as you would know and they vary greatly in cost. Some claim to do more than the DONATOR or at least differently. Maybe they do, maybe they don't.

Can't help with the extractors - no idea.

When I get the EGT on (weeks not days) I will start monitoring and post again. Cheers.

Wiegs
9th May 2012, 03:29 PM
Hi all. I though i should give a bit of feedback on the donator chips. I have had one of these chips installed for about 4 months now and since have installed an EGT gauge, boost controller and boost gauge. First thing i will say is WOW what an improvement. The only down side so far is that she blows a bit more smoke on take off now (the healthy black stuff!). EGT temperatures have only gone up slightly since installing the chip, on long journeys fully loaded up hills it will get to around 420 degrees (550 - 600 is the danger area) then quickly drop away afterwards with no real increase in fuel efficiency 14L/100km fully loaded with rooftop camper, 33" rubber etc. Overtaking is now actually possible, this is THE BEST value for money mod i have done to my 2.8 and i have done the 3"zaust, egr block, cleaned the MAF etc. Thouroughly recommended. I few things i would say before i go....

RECOMMENDATIONS:
1.) Install your guages before your chip so you can monitor the temp.
2.) extend your wires and install the chip inside your vehicle to keep it out of the dust etc(i attached mine under the dash)
3.) Install an inline switch and run it to the cab so you can turn it on and off, no need to spend $$ for the remote control a $3 switch from ebay will do. ( i installed mine on the dash near my spotties.)
4.) make sure your vehicle is properly warmed up before tuning your chip, e.g. drive a fir distance or do some beach work, then turn on the chip and adjust till runining smoothly.
5.) Dont use the scotchlocks. they are shit. solider and insulate the wires properly and take your time (preferable with somebody who has experience).

Have fun and enjoy that extra bit of cheap power!!

gbab01
9th May 2012, 11:35 PM
Hey Wiegs, are those EGT temps measured post turbo and if they are is that the figure that you are seeing on your EGT gauge or are you adding (say 200 degrees) to allow for the cooling through the turbo? I am just keeping an eye on mine at the moment and have only noticed a minor increase when I use the chip as well. Cheers.

Wiegs
12th May 2012, 02:10 PM
Hi Gbab01, The EGT temps i have stated are post turbo (I have my probe installed in the dump pipe). I have done a bit or research on other forums and most 2.8 owners are getting between 250-450 without chips installed on road depending on the type of driving they are doing. Seems to me that the chip doesn't really effect EGT temps much at all which actually makes sense if you read what the "Tuning chip" actually does: The VPM20 Add-on tuning unit works by modifying the electronic signals from electronic diesel pump, tuning unit senses and responds to changes in engine load/speed throughout the range of acceleration, pressure accumulates faster and is readily maintained to deliver more power and torque. The increased torque produced by the VPM20 tuning unit enables the engine to operate more efficiently, so fuel consumption is minimized.
I think many people are hesitant to buy this product because of the price, but i would argue that it is a proven product and WE GET RIPPED OFF IN AUSTRALIA!! We pay more for everything!! Its no wonder people are shopping more online.

As for where to mount your probe, there are different opinions some say post turbo some say pre turbo but it think having it on your dump pipe if fine (seems to be the standard) and i don't turn my vehicle off until EGT temps drops below 155.

This is my experience, I would be keen to hear how other people are going with their chips........

gbab01
12th May 2012, 04:48 PM
Thanks Weigs. I've also got mine in the dump pipe - it appears most people do. Keeping an eye on it and would agree that the chip has made minimal difference to the temperatures. I agree with your sentiments as to some of the pricing for stuff in Australia - no doubt we are being screwed royally for some items and not just for cars. Cheers.

mudski
12th May 2012, 11:58 PM
Anyone fitted one of these chips to a ZD30?

eph444
17th December 2012, 04:28 PM
How many wires do these chips have running off them and why do they increase the patrols smoke when taking off?

mudski
17th December 2012, 07:40 PM
How many wires do these chips have running off them and why do they increase the patrols smoke when taking off?

My DPchip has two going to the injector pump, and mine doesn't blow an ounce of smoke when taking off. But the reasoning for blowing smoke when taking off is usually over fueling.

OLY
5th May 2013, 09:02 PM
hey guys anyone know if they are still selling these chips, the website is still active but when i go to order one i cant figure out what to put in the partita IVA and codice fiscale boxes something about tax code or something? what did everyone else put in there when they ordered them?

gbab01
5th May 2013, 11:17 PM
Hi. The web site has changed since I bought mine. Just had a look. Under the "important Information" (bottom left) there is a section called "How to Order". Got this from there:

1) Select the products that you want to buy and confirm the order clicking on “go to checkout" in the shopping cart
2) Fill the order-form with your personal data and send
3) To can proceed your registration
in to the box Partita IVA (VAT) put: 12341234
in to the box Codice fiscale put: 1234123412341234
4) You will receive for e-mail a confirmation of the order, that include the indication about the shipment modality and our checking account note for the payment 4) When you’ll make the payment, communicate us the note, the day and the exact hour of the payment, so we can go on to ship out the merchandise.

I remember that it was the same process when I ordered one 18 months ago. Hope that helps.

OLY
6th May 2013, 08:26 PM
Awesome Cheers mate. Chip ordered:) Any idea what the MAF sensor one does?

gbab01
6th May 2013, 11:37 PM
No worries OLY. Hope all goes well.

Not sure about the MAF sensor unit-but you've got me thinking...

I would enquire with the web site as to compatibility for your vehicle and if it is okay to have both items fitted and running together. I found them to be fairly prompt with replies when I was looking.

Cheers.

Ronin
7th May 2013, 12:00 PM
They have one for CRD ... I think.. here is the link (http://www.donatorstore.eu/shop/performance-chip-tuning-nissan-patrol-hard-30-td-160-hp-p-7697.html?zenid=120deb3da0098138de3308bf4d84776e)a nd its 60% off currently, down to 80 Euro which I think is about 100aud.

SO is it really for the CRD ?

OLY
7th May 2013, 08:06 PM
i sent them a couple of emails and didn't get a reply so i figured i'd just give it a go and find out 250 for both including postage isn't to bad. as far as i am aware the MAF on the earlier diesels doesn't really do much more fore the emissions gear but i could be very wrong so ill give it a go and let everyone know what i find

Poita
24th November 2013, 11:55 AM
Hi Guys. New to the forum, but very interested in this thread as I am about to order one of these chips. Was also thinking about the accompanying MAF sensor Oly, but am waiting to see what your experience is like. The Donatorstore website doesn't seem to say much about MAF and Chip together, how they connect or work together. Or if they are completely independent modules that just do their own thing.

Thanks to gbab01, Timbo and Wiegs for your detailed posts.
You have given me confidence in buying one of these without wondering if it'll even arrive, or if it could potentially cause a major problem. I think the sellers of these kinds of kits in Australia are taking the piss, charging way too much for something that costs may $10 to build. I understand the R&D that goes into building, testing and mapping these units to a particular car, but once you've got it right it's all cream from there on.

Poita
24th November 2013, 12:00 PM
Hey coreysgu, smiffy3011, sa_on_patrol and robbo0001. Haven't heard back from you guys on how this went for you.

I read the instructions that gbab01 posted and the language isn't really easy to follow. Also noticed it mentioned the bosch pump even though the title is for the Zexel pump. I definitely have a Zexel.

Poita
20th December 2013, 07:56 PM
Hi all. I received the Donator chip on the mail. After reading through the instructions, I realised they want me to scoth lock into the fuel pump cables under the bonnet. I'm on a mission to find out where those 2x green cables go (on the bottom plug of three on the fuel pump) so I can tap into them under the dash instead. That way I don't need to worry about waterproofing, and I can also wire up a switch on the dash.
Any ideas how to figure out the wiring loom?

Poita
21st December 2013, 09:31 AM
Hi There (anyone that may be interested for future installs as this thread appears to now be dead).
I found instructions for a different chip retailer (same chip hardware) that allowed me to connect the chip to the ECM loom (pic below). The hardest part was seeing each individual wire and connection point with the ECM (it get pretty tight down there).
I've installed the chip and so far so good. Had to tune it down quite at bit at first. The engine sounded more like a rotary before turning it down!

http://i360.photobucket.com/albums/oo41/astraliser/Patrol/MotorcontrolUnit118instructions-similartoDonatorinstructions_zps28aedcc2.jpg

trekster
22nd December 2013, 10:47 AM
Has anyone dynod the chip on and off to see what the performance figures are really like? Might look at investing in one of these in the near future for my 2.8

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

Mortysport
6th January 2017, 05:50 AM
Just fitted Donator to my 2.8 Gr td6, wow came with plug in high quality plugs, started a bit rough but a bit of trimming smoothed out idle and look it for a run, really impressed with pull, takes a bit longer for revs to settle when lifting off at idle but that's it, I can now overtake. A relief after paying 3 times the price for Steinbauer and having to send it back cus it didn't work.Highly recommend Donator👍