PDA

View Full Version : How about 1st to the 5th of November for a big meet up in the Vic high country????

Bloodyaussie
3rd January 2013, 01:36 PM
I thought I might put it out there for the 1st of Nov to the 5th Nov on the Cup weekend when the tracks all open... I know it can be busy at that time but for a big meet up with it being over many days it gives more members a chance to make an appearance including interstaters.

Maybe make this a biggy meet up to rival the Queenslanders and show them we can get as drunk as they do and have a good time!!!!!!

What do you all think ???

I know Andy wants to do this he just hates organizing this stuff and he seems to think he does enough organizing of things??? I dont know what that could be the bludger!!!!

Winnie
3rd January 2013, 01:39 PM
Hell yeah I'm in!

NissanGQ4.2
3rd January 2013, 01:46 PM
If i win the 25 million 2nite, i will be there for sure.......... Guess that counts me out

Bob
3rd January 2013, 01:50 PM
Sounds like a good idea to me. In view of the fact that I am now retired I could possibly be available to help in the organization.This depends on a few things but will contact you

NissanGQ4.2
3rd January 2013, 02:37 PM
This depends on a few things but will contact you

No Bob, you don't get paid for organising forum related events!!! *L*

Bob
3rd January 2013, 02:45 PM
No Bob, you don't get paid for organising forum related events!!! *L*

Jeez and here I was thinking I could supplement my Pension LMAO

krbrooking
3rd January 2013, 03:05 PM
Well at this stage I will be up for this one sounds like a good plan.

MC97GQ
3rd January 2013, 03:26 PM
Any thought's on where in the high country guys,

I might be interested in doing the Barry Way from Jindabyne or Bonang down that way and meeting up.

Sounds like a great idea

Mark

growler2058
3rd January 2013, 03:31 PM
Yup rekon i could pull me finger out for sure

Drewboyaus
3rd January 2013, 04:02 PM
Perhaps somewhere up around Dargo?
That's where most of the iconic tracks of the region are (Blue Rag Range, Billy Goats Bluff, Bassalt Knob)......there are some nice campsites on upper Dargo Rd further along the river. Beaut swimming spots and plenty of room for lots of vehicles....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bloodyaussie
3rd January 2013, 06:05 PM
Perhaps somewhere up around Dargo?
That's where most of the iconic tracks of the region are (Blue Rag Range, Billy Goats Bluff, Bassalt Knob)......there are some nice campsites on upper Dargo Rd further along the river. Beaut swimming spots and plenty of room for lots of vehicles....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I myself am leaning towards something like that but we would have to come up with say 3 contenders then put it to a poll and then the decision would be final!!

Maybe for this one we could have some fun and games and a few prizes to the winners???

I know of a couple of people who might sponsor.

Sir Roofy
3rd January 2013, 08:05 PM
i myself am leaning towards something like that but we would have to come up with say 3 contenders then put it to a poll and then the decision would be final!!

Maybe for this one we could have some fun and games and a few prizes to the winners???

I know of a couple of people who might sponsor.

talbotville would be a good spot to camp ,could travel from there to most of the tracks around that way
also sight seeing for those that want both

Bloodyaussie
3rd January 2013, 08:13 PM
This might be an excuse to all catch up for a BBQ sometime to see if we can come to an agreement??

Sir Roofy
3rd January 2013, 08:15 PM
this might be an excuse to all catch up for a bbq sometime to see if we can come to an agreement??

sounds like a plan

Winnie
3rd January 2013, 08:16 PM
This might be an excuse to all catch up for a BBQ sometime to see if we can come to an agreement??

I'd be in for that too hahaha but this is a good idea. Or we could try work something out at the Aberfeldy meet up?

Bloodyaussie
3rd January 2013, 08:25 PM
I'd be in for that too hahaha but this is a good idea. Or we could try work something out at the Aberfeldy meet up?

Na thats for fun.... plus it is an excuse to meet up for a sausage and a beer on another day... maybe Andrews place, he he!!!!!!!!

Sir Roofy
3rd January 2013, 08:28 PM
na thats for fun.... Plus it is an excuse to meet up for a sausage and a beer on another day... Maybe andrews place, he he!!!!!!!!

thats 2hours travel for me and winnie,one way thats an overnighter for sure

Winnie
3rd January 2013, 08:33 PM
Well we'd have to be going for a drive for it to be worthwhile!

Sir Roofy
3rd January 2013, 08:35 PM
well we'd have to be going for a drive for it to be worthwhile!

night drive in toolangi interesting

Winnie
3rd January 2013, 08:39 PM
Oh I'm up for that!!!

BigRAWesty
3rd January 2013, 09:21 PM
Kid friendly??

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Winnie
3rd January 2013, 09:22 PM
Kid friendly??

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Yes mate as always

krbrooking
4th January 2013, 08:25 AM
Yes mate as always

I think westy meant actual kids not kids at heart Winnie. Lol.

Only jolking.

Bloodyaussie
4th January 2013, 08:43 AM
Yes this will be a very friendly meet with all sizes welcome even bloody big kids like Chris who is as wide as he is tall!!!!!!

healy
4th January 2013, 08:55 AM
Kid friendly??

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Yeah I'm assuming it will be as Chris, Kev and johno will be there and we will need an adult to change there nappies at multiple stages of the day

krbrooking
4th January 2013, 09:02 AM
Are you volunteering there Healy

Maxhead
4th January 2013, 09:23 AM
Any thought's on where in the high country guys,

I might be interested in doing the Barry Way from Jindabyne or Bonang down that way and meeting up.

Sounds like a great idea

Mark

Sounds good, we could possibly meetup that way and travel across.

Could also do the Tom Groggin through to Suggan Buggan(great spot) then Omeo or something like that. Choices are endles

Bloodyaussie
4th January 2013, 09:24 AM
I think Anthony is forgetting himself in that line up... he is as much of a child as we are and if he thinks not he is fooling himself!!!!

healy
4th January 2013, 09:32 AM
I think Anthony is forgetting himself in that line up... he is as much of a child as we are and if he thinks not he is fooling himself!!!!
That's what a child would say

krbrooking
5th January 2013, 06:05 PM
I know you are but what am I.

healy
5th January 2013, 06:20 PM
I know you are but what am I.

Don't you bloody start or ill leave you on the log next time

Bloodyaussie
5th January 2013, 06:25 PM
Ok you two stop it... How about some constructive input instead of your childish banter!!!!!!...................................... ........................................ ba ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

healy
5th January 2013, 07:42 PM
You two can go to the time out corner and stay there until Andy comes and sorts you both out

krbrooking
5th January 2013, 08:39 PM
Ok ok I will be good.

AB
5th January 2013, 09:29 PM
I may have to be tentative on this one....Doing 3 weeks in September to head up to Fraser Island with my family, brothers family and mum and dad. We loved Fraser so thought we would get the whole crew together for one last run!!!!!

Bloodyaussie
5th January 2013, 10:01 PM
I may have to be tentative on this one....Doing 3 weeks in September to head up to Fraser Island with my family, brothers family and mum and dad. We loved Fraser so thought we would get the whole crew together for one last run!!!!!

You dont have to be there... we dont like you anyway!!!!!!!

Go hang out with your QLD buddies that you talk about all the time.. the Qld guys do this and the QLD guys do that..blah blah blah!!!!!

AB
5th January 2013, 10:11 PM

Go hang out with your QLD buddies that you talk about all the time.. the Qld guys do this and the QLD guys do that..blah blah blah!!!!!

Don't be like that Muffins....You used to be a good bloke until I met you....BAHAHHA

MC97GQ
6th January 2013, 12:24 AM
Sounds good, we could possibly meetup that way and travel across.

Could also do the Tom Groggin through to Suggan Buggan(great spot) then Omeo or something like that. Choices are endles

Hey Kris,

Sounds like a plan, maybe if there are some blokes thinking about coming from further north, we could all hook up and show them the true High Country, and down into Mexico.

Any way mate 11 months to plan, should be good.

Mark

mudski
12th January 2013, 07:36 PM

Speak for yourself John. Er, I mean Jonathan!
Don't worry Andy, we wuv you...

Bloodyaussie
12th January 2013, 07:39 PM
Speak for yourself John. Er, I mean Jonathan!
Don't worry Andy, we wuv you...

What a suck hole!!!!!!!!

Bloodyaussie
10th March 2013, 05:29 PM
How about making this trip a traveling one??? say from North of Melbourne to Walhalla over 3 nights or something at different camp spots????

Just an Idea... or we could do the desert trip up the North west of Victoria??

I still have not driven on sand and would really like to do that as a traveling trip....... doo de doo de doo!!!!

Winnie
10th March 2013, 05:33 PM
Go high country!! Haha I'm good either way I'll be there.

macca86
10th March 2013, 07:03 PM
If we have the time we might make the trip so you can sample how good us qlders are. Plus good luck to drinking as much as the qld trip it was like an under 20's end of year footy trip there

benno77gu
10th March 2013, 07:50 PM
Hi fellas, is it an open invite event, i am pretty keen on tagging along and meeting up wth some like minded patrollers and see some different country side cheers

Winnie
10th March 2013, 07:55 PM
Of course mate all are welcome.

Alitis007
10th March 2013, 09:23 PM
I'll be there for sure!!

Ben89
10th March 2013, 10:57 PM
Plus good luck to drinking as much as the qld trip it was like an under 20's end of year footy trip there

Bloody teens thinking they can drink alot ;)

Bloodyaussie
17th March 2013, 08:32 PM
Fail, posted in wrong thread!!!!

GQ TANK
7th April 2013, 11:12 AM
Im interested as well, will probally bring my son.

Bloodyaussie
15th June 2013, 04:06 PM
Still up for this folks?

I would like to enjoy some traveling and see some many sites instead of the same place.

Might see if I can bring the whole family for this one?

krbrooking
15th June 2013, 04:12 PM
I'll be for this ppl sounds awesome which ever way we go.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

Stormtrooper
27th October 2013, 07:15 PM
Hi guys is this trip still on and if so is anyone welcome. I was going to ask some advice planning a trip down dargo way cup weekend with the family and wanted to know if crooked river or haunted river is better if we are on our own. Haven't done much that area pretty new to it all. Cheers

Bloodyaussie
27th October 2013, 07:34 PM
This trip got canned but there is a family trip at the end of November plus another at the end of January. ..

Bloodyaussie
20th January 2014, 09:36 PM
Should be a great outing, weather is great at this time of year

Are you just fishing for a manual or are you really interested???

Here is the thread for the January trip..

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?24577-Australia-Day-Forum-Meet-up-2014-Brindabella-NSW-24th-27th