PDA

View Full Version : Diff noise and injectors weaping ?

GU 2.8
24th November 2010, 09:37 PM
Just after some advice on where to start. i have noticed a bearing type noise in the front right of my GU, it gets very loud after 70kph and is louder when the wheel is turned right or left around corners. Im thinking wheel bearing but just after your thoughts before i pull the front end apart.

Also i have noticed no.4 and 6 injectors are weaping a bit down the engine block, any ideas of the best way to fix them or do you just have to replace them ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

YNOT
24th November 2010, 09:59 PM
I agree that the noise you describe in your front end is consistent with worn wheel bearings.

For the injectors, are they leaking from the top around the spill tube, or down at the cylinder head. If it's up the top you could just try replacing the spill tube seals, but if it's down the bottom you will have to remove the injectors. If the injectors are more than a few years old and done more than about 80 or 90,000km, you should probably invest in a set of reco injectors.

Tony

Tony

GU 2.8
24th November 2010, 10:40 PM
thanks mate, i just had a closer look and it looks wet up around the glow plugs, is it posible they arn't seated properly or something ?

YNOT
24th November 2010, 10:51 PM
It is possible the seals have collapsed, injectors and glow plugs.

Tony

GU 2.8
25th November 2010, 09:52 AM
jacked the car up and wobbled the wheel , no movement and felt smooth to spin. Could it still be the bearing ?

patch697
25th November 2010, 12:25 PM
jacked the car up and wobbled the wheel , no movement and felt smooth to spin. Could it still be the bearing ?

Yeah mate it can still be, as sometimes thay will only carry on with load placed on them so a loose bearing is not always a clear indication of a problem & alternately a firm one dose not always indicate a good one.

GU 2.8
26th November 2010, 07:29 AM
Thanks for the help, just replaced the wheel bearings, so fingers crossed thats solved. Im replacing the glow plugs and rocker cover gasket tonight so i will have a closer look at the injectors then.
Thanks again
Michael

boggy2006
26th November 2010, 04:25 PM
hi, was it easy to replace the bearings? I've seen kits available.

GU 2.8
28th November 2010, 10:29 AM
the bearings were pretty easy, a work shop manual is a very good help with anything like that. please by a good quality bearing kit, as mine had a 3 month old ebay kit in it. the seals were leaking and the bearings had water in them.